+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bagan

Re: Bagan

If O'Dowda isn't fit he should be paying.

Ralls isn't a lb, a lwb or anything other than a cm.

It feels like Lamouchi would sooner play anyone there than our only fit actual lb.

Feels like we are always trying to squeeze players in where they aren't suited.

If colwill, Davies and Bagan can't get in this team they may as well move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    If O'Dowda isn't fit he should be paying.

Ralls isn't a lb, a lwb or anything other than a cm.

It feels like Lamouchi would sooner play anyone there than our only fit actual lb.

Feels like we are always trying to squeeze players in where they aren't suited.

If colwill, Davies and Bagan can't get in this team they may as well move on.
    Ralls has been excellent last twice he’s played LWB recently while Bagan has looked nothing more than average in the U21 games I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think he will be just fine being around the first team next season, on the bench as understudy to Jamilu Collins.

We can then push O'Dowda back up the pitch.

Only my way of thinking mind.
    Footballers want to play - if he'd be content to sit on his arse picking up the pay, he can do one imo.

Collins is currently out injured, we loaned a shit LB from Everton and have put anyone at LB/LWB whilst not even putting Bagan on the bench.

So again, why would he want to stay when he can get regular game time even if at a lower level? He's at the age where he needs to be playing.

If we stay up I hope he stays and gets a good run next year as I don’t think Campbell will ever come good.

Personally I don’t think he’s good enough defensively to make it at championship level but unless we give players chance to try we’ll end up doing what we always have done.

On the other hand if he does go I’d not be too concerned if Jamilu Collins showed the promise he originally did

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post

So again, why would he want to stay when he can get regular game time even if at a lower level? He's at the age where he needs to be playing.
    Why doesn’t every premier league sub or reserve drop down to the championship?

Sometimes dropping down a league doesn’t work. There’s many who drop down and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If we stay up I hope he stays and gets a good run next year as I don’t think Campbell will ever come good.

Personally I don’t think he’s good enough defensively to make it at championship level but unless we give players chance to try we’ll end up doing what we always have done.

On the other hand if he does go I’d not be too concerned if Jamilu Collins showed the promise he originally did
    Campbell is a right back (albeit not a very good one).

Footballers want to play - if he'd be content to sit on his arse picking up the pay, he can do one imo.

Collins is currently out injured, we loaned a shit LB from Everton and have put anyone at LB/LWB whilst not even putting Bagan on the bench.

If he's up to it, mentally, he can push Collins in training for a first team spot. Play cup games. Just what I'd do.

There is the option to loan him out which with the right club works. Also doesn't work end they sit on the bench there as well...as has happened with a few we've loaned out.

I'd rather him train with the first team and push for a starting place.

Like another poster said, there's only so much coaching you can do, either he's up for it or he's not. If he can't accept being second fiddle and motivate himself to fight for a first team place, then I'd let him go

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If he's up to it, mentally, he can push Collins in training for a first team spot. Play cup games. Just what I'd do.

There is the option to loan him out which with the right club works. Also doesn't work end they sit on the bench there as well...as has happened with a few we've loaned out.

I'd rather him train with the first team and push for a starting place.

Like another poster said, there's only so much coaching you can do, either he's up for it or he's not. If he can't accept being second fiddle and motivate himself to fight for a first team place, then I'd let him go
    Easy to say, more nuanced in real life.

He came in last season, had a purple patch f form - got dropped.
    Been frozen out this season, with LB/LWB being a problem slot, not even featured on the bench.

Easy to say he should be motivated, difficult to motivate yourself when not getting a fair crack of the whip.

Easy to say, more nuanced in real life.

He came in last season, had a purple patch f form - got dropped.
    Been frozen out this season, with LB/LWB being a problem slot, not even featured on the bench.

Easy to say he should be motivated, difficult to motivate yourself when not getting a fair crack of the whip.
    Perhaps he is getting a fair crack of the whip and he isn't taking it. What do we know.

If first team football can't motivate players, what will?

I always thought Bagan looked decent in the U21 games I've watched, I Don't think he'd be out of place in the first team.

Bagan had to leave the pitch away to Bristol City early due to concussion.
    However, just prior to that, Bristol had an attack down our left breaking towards our box - at that moment, Bagan caught my eye for all the wrong reasons. He was out of position, nowhere near the left flank where he should have been covering, but it was his effort, or lack of it, to get back which was worrying... he was ambling back.
    I was thinking it was going to be a long afternoon for him, but then he gets injured shortly after.

I predict Bagan will be in the first team squad today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    I predict Bagan will be in the first team squad today.
    Ok I was wrong. Getting desperate though. Jack Simpson!

Ok I was wrong. Getting desperate though. Jack Simpson!
    Thought he did well when he came on against Sunderland

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Thought he did well when he came on against Sunderland
    Looking at lineup looks like he's playing CB and Ralls LB. It looks desperate but apart from Bagan I'm guessing there's not a lot more the manager can do.

Looking at lineup looks like he's playing CB and Ralls LB. It looks desperate but apart from Bagan I'm guessing there's not a lot more the manager can do.
    I think Simpson is LB in a four with Ng at RB.

That’s the way the warm ups are going.

Maybe 4-3-1-2 with Philogene behind the top two.