+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City Defender wanted by championship clubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City Defender wanted by championship clubs

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Where did the money for Moore go?

Was he adequately replaced?

Why people feel the need to tell other posters what their opinion on here should be I don't know. It is an opinion.
    You've got yours, I've got mine.
    Moore wanted to leave though , so there was no point paying wages , rental fees , medical bills, insurance, and everything else that a modern football player costs , so when you include everything £4.5 m was about right.

As with many transfers , it’s the fact that cash comes into the club that’s is the important thing not just the amount of the fee.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Moore wanted to leave though , so there was no point paying wages , rental fees , medical bills, insurance, and everything else that a modern football player costs , so when you include everything £4.5 m was about right.

As with many transfers , it’s the fact that cash comes into the club that’s is the important thing not just the amount of the fee.
    Whether players want to leave or not you have to have some idea of what you're doing after it.

Once again here the club acted as if the Moore situation took them by surprise. The replacements that followed were nowhere near of the same standard or had any potential to be.

If you let players leave and not have a good enough plan for what you're going to do after them then you're heading only one way as a club.
    Adequate planning across the board seems to be an alien concept at City.

Whether players want to leave or not you have to have some idea of what you're doing after it.

Once again here the club acted as if the Moore situation took them by surprise. The replacements that followed were nowhere near of the same standard or had any potential to be.

If you let players leave and not have a good enough plan for what you're going to do after them then you're heading only one way as a club.
    Jordan Hugill had an immediate impact. His first game was far better than Moore had been all season and scored on debut in a vital win I think v Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Jordan Hugill had an immediate impact. His first game was far better than Moore had been all season and scored on debut in a vital win I think v Forest.
    He did yeah.

Where is he again?

I am talking an actual replacement. Not a cheap stop gap.

Funnily enough I do have some idea as the money is referenced on the statement of financial position. Another thing, Tan is keeping the club solvent from what I can see. Have you a short term memory as not so long ago we faced the possibility of being wound up due to arrears with HMRC.

I don’t think the club were surprised by Moore leaving as they turned down a late bid from Wolves earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Funnily enough I do have some idea as the money is referenced on the statement of financial position. Another thing, Tan is keeping the club solvent from what I can see. Have you a short term memory as not so long ago we faced the possibility of being wound up due to arrears with HMRC.

I don’t think the club were surprised by Moore leaving as they turned down a late bid from Wolves earlier in the season.
    He is yeah. Dalman and Tan tell us often enough.
    They seem to over egg how much they pay to keep us solvent but then that's their choice isn't it.

The club never replaced more with anything close to the same quality and never looked like doing outside of short term loans.

In this instance, taking money for NG with no intention of using some of it to replace him (with wages for a loan or freebie) would be a mistake.

It's all nonsense anyway. As many have pointed out, nobody is paying that amount.

He is yeah. Dalman and Tan tell us often enough.
    They seem to over egg how much they pay to keep us solvent but then that's their choice isn't it.

The club never replaced more with anything close to the same quality and never looked like doing outside of short term loans.

In this instance, taking money for NG with no intention of using some of it to replace him (with wages for a loan or freebie) would be a mistake.

It's all nonsense anyway. As many have pointed out, nobody us paying that amount.
    Nobody has paid that amount , but someone might , it’s all guesswork and I think he’s worth up to £3/4m