+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technically our worst team ever.

Technically our worst team ever.

By technically I mean footballing basics.

Not hitting the first man on corners, free kick etc
    Passing to players so they can take the ball in their stride and attack
    Setting up a wall
    Using your hands as a goalie
    Getting a shot on target
    Basic finishing

We are atrocious at all of the above. Lamouchi must have taken over and quickly realised what he was dealing with.

I shouldn’t be looking at a professional football team and thinking,”I could do better”, at 43 and with two messed up legs.

Re: Technically our worst team ever.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post

Setting up a wall
    Getting a shot on target
    Basic finishing

We are atrocious at all of the above. Lamouchi must have taken over and quickly realised what he was dealing with.

I shouldn’t be looking at a professional football team and thinking,”I could do better”, at 43 and with two messed up legs.
    I don’t know how old you are but I have seen far far worse Cardiff City teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    43 and I’m struggling to think of many worse (granted my memory is awful and I am probably looking in the past through rose tinted glasses). Even in the warm up we miss over half our shots. A poor poor team.

Perhaps we have been spoilt in recent decades but even the dreadful sides of Durban etc seemed to be able to pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Perhaps we have been spoilt in recent decades but even the dreadful sides of Durban etc seemed to be able to pass the ball.
    Durban's sides were a joke. Much worse than what we have now.

Probably our worst side in 20 or so years. I'd fancy the Division 2 sides would beat us, Earnie would score and Kav would run the game.

It is a complete mess. Needs pace, creativity and goals adding, as well as some actual defenders.

when! would you say was the last decent team ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    when! would you say was the last decent team ?
    Decent? Harris' team made the playoffs. Surely that counts as decent? Not very entertaining though.

Worst team since we returned to the Championship in 2003 and I'd back the promotion team of that year to beat us - it's, almost, but not quite our worst team of the twenty first century - we had plenty of sides worse than this one in the last two decades of the twentieth century,.

Unable to keep possession after a throw in. Throw ins this season have been an embarrassment. Everyone stands around. Eventually someone moves and it is thrown to him - and he immediately loses it. The Jacks first goal came after an attacking Cardiff throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    Unable to keep possession after a throw in. Throw ins this season have been an embarrassment. Everyone stands around. Eventually someone moves and it is thrown to him - and he immediately loses it. The Jacks first goal came after an attacking Cardiff throw in.
    Another depressing situation to rightly add into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    I suppose that's what you get when you sign freebies and out of contract players. There are some exceptions to this but most of them are injured. Its called taking responsibility. As City supporters we historically tend to like teams with less technical ability and more guts than this current lot.

When McCarthy was playing 5 at the back the line up was awful and the football even worse. For WBA at home the team was…
    Phillips
    McGuinness, Flint, Nelson, Morrison, Brown
    Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna, Giles
    Collins.

I’ve seen nothing worse in 25 years. The current team (pretty much any formation) would beat that lot 95% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    When McCarthy was playing 5 at the back the line up was awful and the football even worse. For WBA at home the team was…
    Phillips
    McGuinness, Flint, Nelson, Morrison, Brown
    Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna, Giles
    Collins.

I’ve seen nothing worse in 25 years. The current team (pretty much any formation) would beat that lot 95% of the time
    If that’s the game I’m thinking of I haven’t seen a worse performance from a team. Literally defend and hit it long to no one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    If that’s the game I’m thinking of I haven’t seen a worse performance from a team. Literally defend and hit it long to no one.
    It is the game you’re thinking of. After that was the only time in my life where I had no interest in watching us.

Obviously a youngster posted this. You should have seen them when they were in danger of getting kicked out of the league. As a paid up member of the wet Wednesday night brigade I can say from experience there have been far worse Cardiff City sides than our current squad.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Worst team since we returned to the Championship in 2003 and I'd back the promotion team of that year to beat us - it's, almost, but not quite our worst team of the twenty first century - we had plenty of sides worse than this one in the last two decades of the twentieth century,.
    Yes. I reckon the side that beat Leeds in 2002 would beat our current side.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Obviously a youngster posted this. You should have seen them when they were in danger of getting kicked out of the league. As a paid up member of the wet Wednesday night brigade I can say from experience there have been far worse Cardiff City sides than our current squad.
    Quite. (see my response to the OP)

Setting up a wall
    Getting a shot on target
    Basic finishing

According to Google Bard:

'The technically worst ever Cardiff City team is the 1947-48 team that finished bottom of the Second Division and was relegated to the Third Division South. This team set a number of negative records, including:
    • The fewest points in a season (23)
    • The most defeats in a season (34)
    • The worst goal difference (-97)

This team was also notable for its lack of goals, scoring only 33 goals in 42 games. As a result, they were relegated to the Third Division South, which was the third tier of English football at the time.
    It is important to note that this team was playing in a different era, and the standards of football were much lower than they are today. However, their record is still a testament to their poor performance.'

I’m 43 and have seen my fair share of shite. This team takes the biscuit.

Maybe the title should have read, “worst technical team in my years of watching Cardiff”

Consider yourself lucky then.

As I said a youngster at least you are compared with me.

Consider yourself lucky then.
    Haha

As I said a youngster at least you are compared with me.
    Not been called that for a long while haha