+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just chatting to a Huddersfield fan

Just chatting to a Huddersfield fan

Sorting out my Internet , he was based in Leeds but from Brighouse near Huddersfield

Says he is certain they will stay up and warnock has made them difficult to beat

Says its route one but said if it's that or league one it's a no brainer

It's clear that tan was never going to give warnock the gig but those who think he wouldn't have got us the points needed are churlish and in complete denial

Re: Just chatting to a Huddersfield fan

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sorting out my Internet , he was based in Leeds but from Brighouse near Huddersfield

Says he is certain they will stay up and warnock has made them difficult to beat

It's clear that tan was never going to give warnock the gig but those who think he wouldn't have got us the points needed are churlish and in complete denial
    Let's be clear here. Route one football with the players we've got won't work.

Our success under Lamouchi is when we've played at a higher tempo, pressed or got the ball forward quickly, but often to feet and accurately. Whenever we've adopted a long ball, thump it upfield anywhere tactic under Lamouchi we've lost and looked atrocious.

International

Short term, I'm convinced he would have easily kept us up, Lamouchi is a much better long-term Manager though, he just arrived at a time when the players were struggling and the squad is too weak.

I think we have enough to pick up four to six points over the next five games, but they will have to cut out the mistakes or we really could be in trouble, Alsopp worries me, he's a liability.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Our success under Lamouchi is when we've played at a higher tempo, pressed or got the ball forward quickly, but often to feet and accurately. Whenever we've adopted a long ball, thump it upfield anywhere tactic under Lamouchi we've lost and looked atrocious.
    I agree about the second point and that Lamouchi was the best long-term appointment.

Warnock would have kept us up comfortably, it wouldn't have been the same as Lamouchi's direct approach, and we would have probably had a few different signings.

Huddersfield were a mess and had horrendous fixtures, but he'll probably keep them up with games to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I agree about the second point and that Lamouchi was the best long-term appointment.

Warnock would have kept us up comfortably, it wouldn't have been the same as Lamouchi's direct approach, and we would have probably had a few different signings.

Huddersfield were a mess and had horrendous fixtures, but he'll probably keep them up with games to spare.
    That would be fair enough if Lamouchi was a long term appointment. But hes not. He was given a job to keep us up and a contract to the end of season.

He is advising though about player contracts as we wants Bagan to be given a long term deal.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    That would be fair enough if Lamouchi was a long term appointment. But hes not. He was given a job to keep us up and a contract to the end of season.

He is advising though about player contracts as we wants Bagan to be given a long term deal.
    I think the ambition was to keep him long term, it was a kind of a trial, we've had our fingers burnt offering long term deals to Managers getting a quick upturn.

I hope we do, I think he's inherited five years of problems, it was a difficult job, we need to support a good Manager rather than change them for worse every five minutes.

Absolute rubbish

Short term, I'm convinced he would have easily kept us up, Lamouchi is a much better long-term Manager though, he just arrived at a time when the players were struggling and the squad is too weak.

I think we have enough to pick up four to six points over the next five games, but they will have to cut out the mistakes or we really could be in trouble, Alsopp worries me, he's a liability.
    I think this team lacks the nous and bottle for a relegation fight and we are going down

I hope not but we have failed to show we have what it takes recently

I find it incredible we haven't managed to put a decent unbeaten run together

Warnock would have kept us up the evidence is overwhelming

What different signings? We're under an embargo.

Absolute rubbish
    You obviously don't watch us play or you're utterly clueles about tactics.

Its a pity he sorted your internet.

You obviously don't watch us play or you're utterly clueles about tactics.
    You can come on here if we get relegated and defend the principles of the anti route one gang

Whilst Huddersfield under warnock party ready for next season

You accuse others of stubbornness but you are a complete sponge

Stick to darts

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Shut it Gladys

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

What a lovely, sweet story

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What a lovely, sweet story
    It will be if we go down

But I suppose you have always got merthyr or whoever it is you are supporting this week

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Valley boys we are here

International

What different signings? We're under an embargo.
    I can't remember the timings, did Lamouchi sign Kaba and Wickham?

If not Warnock would have probably liked them anyway and utilised them more directly, along with the big defenders.

You can come on here if we get relegated and defend the principles of the anti route one gang

Whilst Huddersfield under warnock party ready for next season

You accuse others of stubbornness but you are a complete sponge

Stick to darts
    You're deliberately avoiding what I posted.

Please provide an answer to this: Do you know the difference between launching a ball upfield aimlessly to no-one in particular and a long pass up field to a teammate?

Thanks

I can't remember the timings, did Lamouchi sign Kaba and Wickham?

If not Warnock would have probably liked them anyway and utilised them more directly, along with the big defenders.
    I think so. Wickham was out of contract I think.

Apart from McGuinness, we haven't really got a lot of height at the back, not that height is necessarily the main attribute to ability in the air. For what is a relatively short defence, we spent much of the season with one of the best defensive records in the division, so a lack of height couldn't have been too much of an issue.

Huddersfield had a significant amount of possession against playoff chasing Sunderland last night for a long ball team

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65236144

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Huddersfield had a significant amount of possession against playoff chasing Sunderland last night for a long ball team

More than we managed at home against them!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

39%?

Wickham was training with us under Hudson, wasn’t he?
    We’ll never know if Warnock would have kept us up, as whatever he’s doing with Huddersfield proves nothing. It’s a different club with different players and I don’t expect that their owner wears his trousers up to his armpits, either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Wickham was training with us under Hudson, wasn’t he?
    We’ll never know if Warnock would have kept us up, as whatever he’s doing with Huddersfield proves nothing. It’s a different club with different players and I don’t expect that their owner wears his trousers up to his armpits, either.
    yeah I don't think Lamouchi had much influence over the signings probably, he only joined us on January 27th, I'm pretty sure wheels were in motion before that