+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shopping in Pyjamas (well buying fags and booze)

International

Shopping in Pyjamas (well buying fags and booze)

I had the pleasure of dropping a returns parcel to some drop-in centre local store in Llanishen, two women in the queue in front in Pyjamas, and the woman that came in after me with bare legs, slippers, and a big coat, I would guess a nighty underneath but who knows?

None of them or the shopkeeper batted an eyelid, it's like that's what you should do and it's perfectly normal.

So at 1:15 in the afternoon four customers in a local shop, I was the only one that got up that morning and put some clothes on, is it too much to expect people to wear clothes before going out?

Just as I left there was a delivery driver going in, he did have working clothes on so maybe it's just women that do this?

Re: Shopping in Pyjamas (well buying fags and booze)

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I had the pleasure of dropping a returns parcel to some drop-in centre local store in Llanishen, two women in the queue in front in Pyjamas, and the woman that came in after me with bare legs, slippers, and a big coat, I would guess a nighty underneath but who knows?

None of them or the shopkeeper batted an eyelid, it's like that's what you should do and it's perfectly normal.

So at 1:15 in the afternoon four customers in a local shop, I was the only one that got up that morning and put some clothes on, is it too much to expect people to wear clothes before going out?

Just as I left there was a delivery driver going in, he did have working clothes on so maybe it's just women that do this?
    That's what happens when you live in the rough part of town.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ha ha thankfully I don't that's why I was surprised, I know this was talked about years ago in St Mellons Tesco, but then it was considered inappropriate, it seems to have spread and become more commonplace, unless it was just a bad day and they all woke up around the same time, it was like a scene from the walking dead.

The latest fashion accessory ive noticed are shoes that look like a pair of fluffy slippers, but with the practicality of hard wearing soles.

Does it matter?

He should stick to the west side up there, rhiwbina….heading east towards llanishen will be a culture shock. You can see some fine sights in b&m llanishen

They were ready for action mate, and you are obviously not getting enough

Was in none other than st mellons the other day and witnessed a couple of dressing gowns out and about.

While on the subject though what’s with the dryrobe fad. I understand on the beach (for their purpose, although other more reasonably priced ones are available). But people wear them everywhere now, presumably because they can’t even be bothered to put their pyjamas on

Ha ha thankfully I don't that's why I was surprised, I know this was talked about years ago in St Mellons Tesco, but then it was considered inappropriate, it seems to have spread and become more commonplace, unless it was just a bad day and they all woke up around the same time, it was like a scene from the walking dead.
    I think you are right, it has become more commonplace. Over the last year pyjamas seem to be in vogue in my local shop in Rumney. The other day there was a mother and daughter (older teenager, not a child) both clad in pyjamas and slippers late morning. No shame at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think you are right, it has become more commonplace. Over the last year pyjamas seem to be in vogue in my local shop in Rumney. The other day there was a mother and daughter (older teenager, not a child) both clad in pyjamas and slippers late morning. No shame at all.
    Yes I tend to agree. No shame in it; it's their business after all.

A young woman walked past me in a supermarket recently wearing a hoodie, pajama bottoms and slippers. She smelled like she'd been laying around in the same clothes for days. It was disgusting.

Does it matter what people wear?

Would it look any more odd than a man in his fifties in tight ripped jeans, a Slayer T-Shirt and a scruffy old leather jacket?

International

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Does it matter?

Where will it end, wearing them on a night out, wheels on the bed and an electric motor so they don't even have to get up to go to the shop?

were you out or were you out, out ?

Where will it end, wearing them on a night out, wheels on the bed and an electric motor so they don't even have to get up to go to the shop?
    What was you wearing?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    What was you wearing?
    Jeans, tee shirt, a sweatshirt, socks, boxers, and trainers, I don't think they have a dress code judging on this visit, the poor boke in the shop must have thought I was overdressed.

A nighty.
    I shall take to the internet in fake outrage.

International

I shall take to the internet in fake outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Does it matter?
    Yes. Nobody wants to catch a whiff of unwashed fannies at the shops.

Does it matter what people wear?

Would it look any more odd than a man in his fifties in tight ripped jeans, a Slayer T-Shirt and a scruffy old leather jacket?
    It doesn't matter what people wear, but the implication is that people have slept all night in their pajamas, woke up, not showered or changed and just rolled out of bed and carried on with their day. That matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Yes. Nobody wants to catch a whiff of unwashed fannies at the shops.
    Speak for yourself Lungy.

Speak for yourself Lungy.
    I was

First Team

On the plus side I have gone from being a scruffy old git to a dapper individual despite making no changes to my appearance thanks to the PJ wearing crowd.
    May see if Waitrose will let me into their stores now I am a man of some elegance

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The latest fashion accessory ive noticed are shoes that look like a pair of fluffy slippers, but with the practicality of hard wearing soles.
    In a couple of years, we will have Addidas sleep/shop easy Jarmy suits with Gazelle and Samba slippers.