+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 STOKE CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v STOKE CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    If a team tried to do that v us we'd still manage to lose somehow.
    I was trying to hint at something.....especially with NW...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Four league penalties missed costing us a total of four points - if we go down, there’s your reason.
    Today’s miss could prove very costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    We are decent away, we will beat Rotherham and Reading won’t catch up due to goals….

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I dont think it will but of course could do. I think now virtually all of us concede this is a poor squad. But ffs. Stoke are poor themselves but again we come out passive no aggression(apart from Ralls). No pressing and of course their confidence grew.

Im not convinced at all with Lamouchi though I do think hes better than Morison and Hudson.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 STOKE CITY. Match thread

Happy in the end with a point. Felt atmosphere eas flat for such an Important game.

Sadly a good few empty seats .

I think current manager is better than last 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think it will but of course could do. I think now virtually all of us concede this is a poor squad. But ffs. Stoke are poor themselves but again we come out passive no aggression(apart from Ralls). No pressing and of course their confidence grew.

Im not convinced at all with Lamouchi though I do think hes better than Morison and Hudson.
    He has to play a certain way with the players we have. I’m sure he wouldn’t play this way if we weren’t fighting relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

We are so defensive. At times 11 men behind the ball against stoke ffs.

Was a great opportunity to almost get survival with a win but we come out and start like everyone has smoked a spliff.

3 centre halfs, 3 Defensive Midfeilders and 2 lumps up top. The wingbacks are basically full backs and we wonder why we struggle to score
    Not convinced at all with the manager, but Pep couldn't really do anything with this lot. At least he is a championship head coach/manager unlike the previous two

It’s as if winning the game doesn’t enter their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We are so defensive. At times 11 men behind the ball against stoke ffs.

Was a great opportunity to almost get survival with a win but we come out and start like everyone has smoked a spliff.
    Stoke were there to be beaten and we just sat off, very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Happy in the end with a point. Felt atmosphere eas flat for such an Important game.

Sadly a good few empty seats .

I think current manager is better than last 3
    I think we'd be in a better situation if Lamouchi would have come in instead of Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Stoke had some awful results and performances recently. However we all know nowhere better to come for a team struggling than the CCS......
    Yep first 20 mins at least.......

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I was trying to hint at something.....especially with NW...
    Do you really think warnock wouldn't absolutely love to come here and turn us over and send us down? Really?! Absolutely everything in his football career suggests he would absolutely love that. Even those who love him would accept he's not one for sentiment and anything other than his teams being all out for the win.

Sawyers and Wintle are the laziest midfielders we have ever had. We were lucky to get a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Sawyers and Wintle are the laziest midfielders we have ever had. We were lucky to get a draw.
    not according to the xG

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not according to the xG
    Xg, Is that some computer algorithm?
    Fans know what they see and they see that our midfield is shyte, this isn't a video game

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Xg, Is that some computer algorithm?
    Fans know what they see and they see that our midfield is shyte, this isn't a video game
    we missed a penalty and they had one shot on target all game, and somehow we were lucky to come away with a point?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I think we'd be in a better situation if Lamouchi would have come in instead of Morison
    Made a small change

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Stoke were there to be beaten and we just sat off, very disappointing.
    Agreed. What will it take to spark some urgency into this team and manager? It’s like they don’t even believe they play for league points, that it’s all just a nice stroll on a weekend.

I'd have taken a point before the game, but I dont feel any more confident that we'll stay up after it- with QPR winning it feels like we've blown a massive opportunity to reach safety. Stoke weren't great but looked the better team for the first 30 minutes, while City couldnt keep the ball- stray passes, poor touches, wrong options taken. Stoke seemed to be able to play out of our press far too easily while they seemed to hoover up possession without breaking sweat every time it went long from the back. We'll need to be much better against Huddersfield, although I'm not sure we will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not according to the xG
    Well unsurprisingly our xg to actual goals is by far the worst in the league.

It's a useful tool but has to be just a small part of how someone interprets a performance.

Draw was fair, a win would have been fortunate and if we would have scored the pen you can guarantee we would have camped in our penalty area.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well unsurprisingly our xg to actual goals is by far the worst in the league.

It's a useful tool but has to be just a small part of how someone interprets a performance.

Draw was fair, a win would have been fortunate and if we would have scored the pen you can guarantee we would have camped in our penalty area.
    yeah a draw was a fair result - not we were lucky not to lose as the other poster said

A draw was fair. We really did need a win especially against a poor side with nothing to play for.

If wed gone out aggressively closing down and had a right go a draw would be acceptable as I think even though Stoke are poor they showed enough for me that the league table is right and they are a bit better than us.

Another game standing off allowing teams to play though is clearly Lamouchis tactics and if we stay up which I think we will I hope we say thanks and goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    I'd have taken a point before the game, but I dont feel any more confident that we'll stay up after it- with QPR winning it feels like we've blown a massive opportunity to reach safety. Stoke weren't great but looked the better team for the first 30 minutes, while City couldnt keep the ball- stray passes, poor touches, wrong options taken. Stoke seemed to be able to play out of our press far too easily while they seemed to hoover up possession without breaking sweat every time it went long from the back. We'll need to be much better against Huddersfield, although I'm not sure we will be.
    I agree it was a missed opportunity. Not going to blame the players too much in view of the heavy schedule. Going to be difficult next Thursday and Sunday. Huddersfield will have a big advantage.