+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we still under the embargo?

Are we still under the embargo?

Because I don’t see us on here:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/

Re: Are we still under the embargo?

I bet someone will come on here now and refute this with evidence.
    Good spot and fingers crossed something has happened behind the scenes

International

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

Nice one fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

I like Burnleys solution, just get promoted out of the EFL

We haven't been shown on the efl list of shame since it was partially lifted. Dont think it alters fact that we are under a partial embargo because we paid Nantes late.

Isn’t it the FIFA embargo we are under?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Isn’t it the FIFA embargo we are under?
    No. Just this partial EFL one.

Yes. We can’t spend any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We haven't been shown on the efl list of shame since it was partially lifted.
    You're right. It's weird. I'm sure they've made up this partial embargo rule just for us!

Sheffield United have just had their embargo lifted. They'd been under it since January, so more than 30 days, and it was for the same rule breach as us, so presumably they'll be under the same partial embargo as us (which I think was explained at the time as being because we'd been under embargo for more than 30 days). If not, what's the difference?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65340594.amp

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Sheffield United have just had their embargo lifted. They'd been under it since January, so more than 30 days, and it was for the same rule breach as us, so presumably they'll be under the same partial embargo as us (which I think was explained at the time as being because we'd been under embargo for more than 30 days). If not, what's the difference?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65340594.amp
    Will it apply in the premier league?

If not, what's the difference?
    If City are under an embargo (and nobody at the club has bothered to tell us, while the useless clowns in the local media haven't even bothered to ask), is it perhaps because only the first installment of the Sala fee has been paid? He was signed in January 2019, so no doubt the other two installments are now long overdue.

It's ridiculous, though. High time the club and the EFL for that matter told us what the situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Will it apply in the premier league?
    That could be a get out for them I guess. Stupid if that's the case - harsher penalty for one club than another just because one doesn't get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If City are under an embargo (and nobody at the club has bothered to tell us, while the useless clowns in the local media haven't even bothered to ask), is it perhaps because only the first installment of the Sala fee has been paid? He was signed in January 2019, so no doubt the other two installments are now long overdue.

It's ridiculous, though. High time the club and the EFL for that matter told us what the situation is.
    Could be to do with that.
    Completely agree, we should have a definitive answer from both of them on exactly what the situation is and why.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

As per the original agreement, instalments 2 and 3 were due in January 2020 and 2021 respectively - so both overdue, unless we have agreed a new timetable for payment with Nantes.

This is the rule that's being applied to us by the look of it:

52.6 ...where any Club defaults on payment of any amounts:

52.6.1 due to any other Club (or club) (including but not limited to any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee, Loan Fee, other contributions due pursuant to the terms of any Temporary Loan Transfer, or any subsequent payments which become due under the terms of any original transfer(s), ticket monies, or other payments pursuant to the terms of any other agreement); and/or

52.6.2 covered by Article 48.1.5 (football creditor claims of full time or former full time employees for arrears of remuneration due up to the date of termination of employment),

for a period of 30 days (whether one default of 30 days, or a number of individual defaults which when taken together amount to 30 days) or more in any 12 month period (1 July to 30 June) (‘Persistent Default’) then that Club shall not be permitted to pay or commit to pay any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee or Loan Fee or any other form of payment (other than a sell on fee) in respect of the registration of any Player during the period:

(a) commencing on the date on which the Persistent Default occurred; and

(b) ending at the end of the next following Season.

So, looks like it's an established rule, which the EFL have applied as soon as the FIFA embargo was lifted. It's because we defaulted by 30 days, not because we were under embargo for 30 days. Not technically an embargo now, which must be why we were removed from the list.

It won't apply to Sheffield United, assuming they go up, as the EFL has no jurisdiction over the Premier League. Lucky them!

"Lamouchi, meantime, says Cardiff will attempt to sign Sory Kaba on a permanent basis this summer if they avoid relegation."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65347869

This is the rule that's being applied to us by the look of it:

52.6 ...where any Club defaults on payment of any amounts:

52.6.1 due to any other Club (or club) (including but not limited to any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee, Loan Fee, other contributions due pursuant to the terms of any Temporary Loan Transfer, or any subsequent payments which become due under the terms of any original transfer(s), ticket monies, or other payments pursuant to the terms of any other agreement); and/or

52.6.2 covered by Article 48.1.5 (football creditor claims of full time or former full time employees for arrears of remuneration due up to the date of termination of employment),

for a period of 30 days (whether one default of 30 days, or a number of individual defaults which when taken together amount to 30 days) or more in any 12 month period (1 July to 30 June) (‘Persistent Default’) then that Club shall not be permitted to pay or commit to pay any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee or Loan Fee or any other form of payment (other than a sell on fee) in respect of the registration of any Player during the period:

(a) commencing on the date on which the Persistent Default occurred; and

(b) ending at the end of the next following Season.

So, looks like it's an established rule, which the EFL have applied as soon as the FIFA embargo was lifted. It's because we defaulted by 30 days, not because we were under embargo for 30 days. Not technically an embargo now, which must be why we were removed from the list.

It won't apply to Sheffield United, assuming they go up, as the EFL has no jurisdiction over the Premier League. Lucky them!
    Should that apply if we were part of an ongoing legal dispute about it? I guess it is intended to stop brinkmanship with payments, but that isn't the case with this one I don't think

Either way, it is ****ing insane that we have to try and figure it out ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Should that apply if we were part of an ongoing legal dispute about it? I guess it is intended to stop brinkmanship with payments, but that isn't the case with this one I don't think
    Dalman talked about the situation at the time and hence the reason for the appeal. EFL have used a rule which City argue doesnt apply to us. Fingers crossed they relent.
    Additionally there was appeal in the Swiss Courts which was due to be heard, as I recall, at the end of March. Wonder what is happening there?

Can we engage in player swaps? That way, we could look at singing Kaba.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    if we've got anyone that Midtjyland would want, and would be happy to go there

I guess there could be player swaps or loan swaps, or sales including a loan of someone else from the team buying. It’s going to be hard work for whoever the manager that’s for sure.

Shouldn’t this be in the Chant for Kaba thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Shouldn’t this be in the Chant for Kaba thread