Allsop out for season

Re: Allsop out for season

Let’s hope Alnwick takes his chance. Allsopp won’t be a big loss

Let’s hope Alnick take his chance

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Let’s hope Alnick take his chance
    Let’s hope Allsop is out for the season. Not that Alnwick is Gordon Banks but Allsop is more Gordon the Gopher!

There was a plus from today then.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Let’s hope Allsop is out for the season. Not that Alnwick is Gordon Banks but Allsop is more Gordon the Gopher!
    Time will tell if it’s a blessing.

Yay, let's hope one of our players misses a number of games through injury!

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Yay, let's hope one of our players misses a number of games through injury!
    I honestly wouldn’t have minded him missing the season, the man’s a liability. Sympathise with the injury but wouldn’t shed a tear if he never played for the City again, useless!

I honestly wouldn’t have minded him missing the season, the man’s a liability. Sympathise with the injury but wouldn’t shed a tear if he never played for the City again, useless!
    "Liability", lmfao.

I'd say that you're being a little harsh there splotty. He's not the best, that i would agree on. He isn't a strong goalkeeper in the traditional sense, not great when contesting the ball and a bit too hesitant for my liking, but he's been ok for the best part, he's got good feet and he can play a bit, which is a positive in todays game, although i would not be disappointed if we replaced him with something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd say that you're being a little harsh there splotty. He's not the best, that i would agree on. He isn't a strong goalkeeper in the traditional sense, not great when contesting the ball and a bit too hesitant for my liking, but he's been ok for the best part, he's got good feet and he can play a bit, which is a positive in todays game, although i would not be disappointed if we replaced him with something better.
    He annoys me, that’s my problem I s’pose. Perhaps I’m old fashioned in wanting ‘keepers to prevent goals with their hands, shot stopping, commanding their area, especially the 6 yard box, catching the ball in the bread basket rather than punching the ball out to the opposition (he did this today), coming out, I know it’s courageously, with their bodies and hands rather than try some impossible tackle with their feet, marshall the defence, bollock them, encourage them. Allsop is sadly lacking in most of these, ok, we’ve been spoilt for ‘keepers in recent times but this bloke is a relegation expert!!!

Don't know if we have ever had a great goalkeeper.

As predicted a few fans respond to this claiming its good news. If the news was he's left and we've signed someone better them great but with 3 games to go this is bad news.

I'm not his biggest fan and i think the level we are (low championship) is also his level. However if people really think the reason we are in a relegation battle with 43 games gone is because of our keeper then...... be careful what you wish for. Alnwick has had chances this year and he's looked even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Don't know if we have ever had a great goalkeeper.
    Seriously? We’ve had some quality in the past. Marshall, Etheridge to name but two.

The guys got form for relegation from the Championship, put your feet up Butt .

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Seriously? We’ve had some quality in the past. Marshall, Etheridge to name but two.
    Heaton to name but three!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Heaton to name but three!
    Remember when he was slated here on loan

Quote Originally Posted by skunkatron View Post
    The guys got form for relegation from the Championship, put your feet up Butt .
    Marshall was ok after relegation

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Marshall was ok after relegation
    He was voted the club’s Player of the Year in 2013/14.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He was voted the club’s Player of the Year in 2013/14.
    Etheridge and Marshall were both outstanding in our 2 premier league seasons. Despite 2 relegations our keepers were excellent. Surprising we did as well as we did on both occasions to get 30 plus points twice when we were so limited with our promotion teams and bought so poorly on both occasions also.

Despite my earlier comment re allsop if he would have been in goals in either premier league season we would have conceded 200 goals.......

Neil Alexander was a very good keeper.
    Phil kite if I remember was good as was Jon Hallworth (who got married in Ystrad mynach registry office when he was with us)

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Neil Alexander was a very good keeper.
    Phil kite if I remember was good as was Jon Hallworth (who got married in Ystrad mynach registry office when he was with us)
    Phil kite a bit of a random name for outstanding keepers we have had! 18 games for us in mid 90s.

Generally though I think we've always had decent keepers. Even the axeman Tony elliot.

IMHO Marshall was stuck to the goal line and his distribution was slow and wayward.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Phil kite a bit of a random name for outstanding keepers we have had! 18 games for us in mid 90s.

Generally though I think we've always had decent keepers. Even the axeman Tony elliot.
    You are all forgetting Peter Zoiss.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    You are all forgetting Peter Zoiss.

Could never forget that 1 game he had! Think was v Rotherham? Can legitimately say I was there and from memory it was 2 2.

Hundreds of thousands claim to have seen the zois play for the city but I think crowd was less than like 3,000. Lol