+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi - yes or no?

Sabri Lamouchi - yes or no?

Assuming that Sabri Lamouchi manages to keep City in the Championship during the next couple of weeks, do you think he should be offered a new contract for next season and beyond?

It's a definite no for me.

When Lamouchi was appointed as Cardiff's manager on 27th January, the team was 3 points above the relegation zone. Three months have passed since then and the team is still 3 points above the relegation zone, but that's only because of Reading's points deduction. City would be just 2 points above the relegation zone without that penalty.

Before Lamouchi's first game, City were 3 points behind Birmingham, 4 points behind Stoke and Bristol City, 5 points behind Hull and 6 points behind Coventry. We're now 7 points behind Birmingham and Stoke, 10 points behind Hull and Bristol City, and 20 points behind Coventry.

Lamouchi's tactics have often been suspect, while his substitutions (or a lack of them) have sometimes been baffling. With the possible exception of Kion Etete, I don't think any of City's first team squad have improved at all since he took charge, and the team's increasing habit of starting matches slowly has become a real concern.

It's obvious that another rebuild of sorts will be essential during the summer. Given what we've witnessed during the last three months, I'd be actively searching for a new manager if I was City's owner.

Re: Sabri Lamouchi - yes or no?

I’m on the fence, if we could buy players and had backing I’d give him a shot. I wouldn’t be confident of staying up next season with him in charge, as is.

Is that more to do with him or the general lack of quality in the squad? I’m not sure.

I want him to stay as he's generally competent. I would be concerned about who the board would get to replace him.

No for me.

Yes based on what is our other choices less experienced, magical Bellars, bring back Niel, drag Pulis from retirement.

Lamouchi's Is experienced in continental football so technically aware of modern football and not UK hoofing.

The fact his tactics maybe questioned surely is a result of the basic tools he has in front of him ??..

Give him a full season after this one , he didn't land us into this shit struggle others did, including half decent squad of players with questionably attitudes, concentration and motivation.

Assuming we can buy some players in the summer, I'd like to see him given the chance to manage a team he's constructed himself.

If he's not offered a contract, I think Sol will be installed as manager and we'll end up worse off.

If the other option is Bamba then a huge yes for Sabri.

I quite like him as a manager, I think he came into a hard situation, our form has been erratic but with a full season I think we can push up to midtable.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    If the other option is Bamba then a huge yes for Sabri.
    I wonder why people think like this? It's just weird. There are hundreds of managers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wonder why people think like this? It's just weird. There are hundreds of managers out there.
    But would any good ones come here?

I'd go all out for Nathan Jones. Yes he's failed at Southampton and Stoke but maybe that means we do have half a chance of getting him. If nothing else it would be interesting!

With sabri I would guess he only wanted until the end of the season as he thought he would keep us up. Then he has thought if he does then the club surely can't let him go so will then have to reward him with a decent length and paid contract as his stock would be high and the club would look poor booting him if say he kept us up comfortably.

However he hasn't done that. His record is no better than morison or hudson really and performances no better either really, at home they are certainly worse than they were under morison.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    But would any good ones come here?
    Lamouchi did and plenty of people think he's good. Warnock did and plenty of people think he's good also.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I'd go all out for Nathan Jones. Yes he's failed at Southampton and Stoke but maybe that means we do have half a chance of getting him. If nothing else it would be interesting!

With sabri I would guess he only wanted until the end of the season as he thought he would keep us up. Then he has thought if he does then the club surely can't let him go so will then have to reward him with a decent length and paid contract as his stock would be high and the club would look poor booting him if say he kept us up comfortably.

However he hasn't done that. His record is no better than morison or hudson really and performances no better either really, at home they are certainly worse than they were under morison.
    I mostly agree. Id go for Nathan Jones as well.

Its a no for Lamouchi for me. Why we are sitting off teams allowing them to play I dont know.

For long parts of yesterday's game it looked as though both sides were on the beach. In fact im suprised Sawyers didnt bring a sun bed out put a pair of sunglasses on and read a book.

Yes for me, the football has certainly improved ( and you must be blind to think otherwise ) fast flowing football using our wings, its fairly exciting to watch

I’m not convinced that Lamouchi would want to stay here if we offered him the job, but, leaving that aside, it’s a bit of a coin toss for me. If he keeps us up, I’d say offer him the job, but I wouldn’t do it with any great enthusiasm and with an acceptance that we could be looking for a replacement by September or October.

If we stay up and it looks like we will it would be idiotic to change the manager yet again

He's clearly not brilliant as if he was he would be managing a big club in the top flight but essentially the fact that we have been poor for 3 managers suggests the players are the problem

I think he should be given the job , if he wants it , to try and rebuild on a budget or worse , no budget

I look at the side now and I think of Sawyers who blows so hot and cold and the lack of class in midfield and think that's why we are crap not the management

You can't make a shower out of a broken toilet seat

Nathan Jones ?

Tell me you are joking

That guy won't be around for long if our fickle fans start giving him grief

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I mostly agree. Id go for Nathan Jones as well.

Its a no for Lamouchi for me. Why we are sitting off teams allowing them to play I dont know.

For long parts of yesterday's game it looked as though both sides were on the beach. In fact im suprised Sawyers didnt bring a sun bed out put a pair of sunglasses on and read a book.
    Unless it was because he was on a yellow card I can't understand why Lamouchi took off Ralls instead of Sawyer's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Assuming that Sabri Lamouchi manages to keep City in the Championship during the next couple of weeks, do you think he should be offered a new contract for next season and beyond?

It's a definite no for me.

When Lamouchi was appointed as Cardiff's manager on 27th January, the team was 3 points above the relegation zone. Three months have passed since then and the team is still 3 points above the relegation zone, but that's only because of Reading's points deduction. City would be just 2 points above the relegation zone without that penalty.

Before Lamouchi's first game, City were 3 points behind Birmingham, 4 points behind Stoke and Bristol City, 5 points behind Hull and 6 points behind Coventry. We're now 7 points behind Birmingham and Stoke, 10 points behind Hull and Bristol City, and 20 points behind Coventry.

Lamouchi's tactics have often been suspect, while his substitutions (or a lack of them) have sometimes been baffling. With the possible exception of Kion Etete, I don't think any of City's first team squad have improved at all since he took charge, and the team's increasing habit of starting matches slowly has become a real concern.

It's obvious that another rebuild of sorts will be essential during the summer. Given what we've witnessed during the last three months, I'd be actively searching for a new manager if I was City's owner.
    I’m not sure it matters who is in charge anymore with Tan in control, bar warnocks miracle season have we ever had a good manager bar Malky? Looks like he can get us going away but why so slow at home? Since we dispatched the wurzels quite easily we’ve been terrible….

Unless it was because he was on a yellow card I can't understand why Lamouchi took off Ralls instead of Sawyer's.
    Sawyers was also on a yellow card.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yes for me, the football has certainly improved ( and you must be blind to think otherwise ) fast flowing football using our wings, its fairly exciting to watch
    Improved since when? Do you mean the football has improved under Lamouchi?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Nathan Jones ?

Tell me you are joking

That guy won't be around for long if our fickle fans start giving him grief
    Are our fans really fickle though? Considering the ridiculous run of managers we have had id say they have put up with a lot quite silently really. Mccarthy was only one who was turned on really and that was only when he consistently did crazy things and we kept losing badly.

It may well be fun and a risk having nathan jones but imagine if it clicked.......

Are our fans really fickle though?
    Cardiff City's fans have become incredibly passive. Considering the rubbish that has been served up this season you'd expect some genuine dissent inside the ground during games, but nobody has been heckling the players, the management or the ownership.

I think with Rotherham coming up I think Ralls was being protected against injury. Then again I didnt think Id see us sitting off Stoke and would have learned our Sunderland/Swansea lesson.

Id rather see King involved than Sawyers for the run in.

If he keeps us up yes, however well he or other events have conspired then will have done his job.

I'm less convinced each week though, the continually negative home performances when just one result from Sunderland, Swansea and yesterday would have us almost safe.

It's not just the players, you can see they are backing off as that's the game plan. It just sets this slow, training ground atmosphere and tees the opposition up for a comfortable afternoon.

With reading losing it could be a good point and maybe that's his thinking, perhaps with a full summer and most teams starting on 0 points we can be a bit more ambitious, particularly at home.

I've not looked but Ralls may have had a knock. I'm sure it was him on the pitch at the end with some sort of strapping or ice pack

He was a distance away mind, so maybe wasn't even him