Assuming that Sabri Lamouchi manages to keep City in the Championship during the next couple of weeks, do you think he should be offered a new contract for next season and beyond?

It's a definite no for me.

When Lamouchi was appointed as Cardiff's manager on 27th January, the team was 3 points above the relegation zone. Three months have passed since then and the team is still 3 points above the relegation zone, but that's only because of Reading's points deduction. City would be just 2 points above the relegation zone without that penalty.

Before Lamouchi's first game, City were 3 points behind Birmingham, 4 points behind Stoke and Bristol City, 5 points behind Hull and 6 points behind Coventry. We're now 7 points behind Birmingham and Stoke, 10 points behind Hull and Bristol City, and 20 points behind Coventry.

Lamouchi's tactics have often been suspect, while his substitutions (or a lack of them) have sometimes been baffling. With the possible exception of Kion Etete, I don't think any of City's first team squad have improved at all since he took charge, and the team's increasing habit of starting matches slowly has become a real concern.

It's obvious that another rebuild of sorts will be essential during the summer. Given what we've witnessed during the last three months, I'd be actively searching for a new manager if I was City's owner.