+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi - yes or no?

Re: Sabri Lamouchi - yes or no?

If the fans have to suffer any more ‘just enough’ football they will vote with their feet. If he stays we have to lift the energy and entertainment or he may as well pack his bags in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    If the fans have to suffer any more ‘just enough’ football they will vote with their feet. If he stays we have to lift the energy and entertainment or he may as well pack his bags in May.
    People keep saying this , but the fact is our average attendance currently stands at 19,120, which shows incredible loyalty.

To lift the energy levels, you need a squad to rotate or have a team full of marathon runners.

Agreed, but it’s not going to happen under the current ownership is it.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    So still above the relegation zone with a game in hand - win that and we're 6 points above the relegation zone.

Last I checked, Birmingham, Stoke, Hull, Bristol City and Coventry aren't in contention for relegation. The gap to them is thus irrelevant, you may as well cite the points gap to Burnley.

Agree on hose, and that's the reason I'd not be in favour of hm getting a long term deal. I also think the style of play he wants, over the course of a season burns players out, as seen at Forest. We have less depth than they did, so could be a major problem next season.

Lamouchi has kept a side lacking depth in the division, which was the goal he was set. He's got the best out of Kaba, seemingly. I could see him getting a one year deal.
    How about we wait until we’re mathematically safe before saying Lamouchi has kept us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Only on a Rolling Contract if we stay in Championship
    When was the last time you saw a rolling contract in football?

Manager takes it, no guaranteed pay off if sacked.

Club offers it, manager can just up and leave whenever, if another club poached him then we'd have no compensation.

He either gets a contract or not. If we stay up I'd give him a year because I do not trust this board to hire someone better. He isn't an ideal candidate and I don't agree with the posters who have said he's improved us but look at our last 3 managers, that's the quality Tan thinks is acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How about we wait until we’re mathematically safe before saying Lamouchi has kept us up.
    3 point lead over Reading, with a game in hand, still have to play Huddersfield who are currently a buffer to the relegation spots is a decent enough spot to be in.

Reading - play Wigan, Huddersfield. Can end up with 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 or 49 points. You'd expect a win against Wigan, both sides have something to play for in the final game. The goal difference, unless we implode, helps us so realistically, Reading need to win both games.

Huddersfield - play us then Reading. 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 or 50 points.Worse goal difference than us, we get a draw then the most then can end up on is 48. We win, then 47 is the most they can get meaning we'd need 1 point fom 2 games without conceding heavily.

Us - Rotherham, Huddersfield, Burnley. If we could get 2 points, then you're looking at Reading having to win both their games and have a goal difference swing.

It's entirely in our hands, Reading having to play Huddersfield helps us as a draw isn't great for either of them, a win for one means the other will struggle to get above us.

Huddersfield will feel they've the best run in, but again, it's in our hands. Get something out of the Rotherham game and we're basically safe imo.

With a game in hand, we've maintained the same points differential to the final relegation spot.
    So we've not really progressed, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    When was the last time you saw a rolling contract in football?

Manager takes it, no guaranteed pay off if sacked.

Club offers it, manager can just up and leave whenever, if another club poached him then we'd have no compensation.

He either gets a contract or not. If we stay up I'd give him a year because I do not trust this board to hire someone better. He isn't an ideal candidate and I don't agree with the posters who have said he's improved us but look at our last 3 managers, that's the quality Tan thinks is acceptable
    I thought a Rolling contract meant he would always have a year on him. So if sacked he would need to be paid a year and if someone else wanted him we would be entitled to compensation. That’s what I thought I remembered from Dave’s Jones rolling contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So we've not really progressed, then?
    That's a facile point.

The aim of Lamouchi was hardly to get us into the playoffs was it? The goal was to stay up this season. To ignore the fact we've got results that didn't look likely at the latter end of Hudson's run is silly - are you confident we'd have done what we did at Watford under him?

Staying up by even goal difference means we've stayed in the division and staying up is what Lamouchi was engaged to do, It's silly to think otherwise; equally, what was the strength of schedule for Morison, Hudsons and Lamouchis stints if you want some nominal comparison? Even that is flawed anaysis as are all statistics.

We're 3 points clear with a game in hand. I'm sure you can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but the gap when Lamouchi took over was 3 point gap with the same number of points? Don't also forget we were playing Rotherham off the park before the game was called off - sure, still a half of football to play, but we were in a very good position. Stoke was 2 points dropped due to Kaba's penalty.

I've said I don't believe Lamouchi is the long term answer but to act as if he's not made some progress - Etete has come on, found the best position for Sawyers, or example is just being churlish.

Yesterday was the first game I'd watched in person under Lamouchi. The first 20 minutes was ridiculous. We were at home but allowed Stoke to stroll around with the ball unchallenged virtually everywhere on the pitch.

If that's Lamouchi's brand of football then it's a no for me. If the number of games is starting to show on the players, I thought we were woefully short of fitness early on in the season, then it's a maybe.

I do worry that the alternative is Bamba though if the club follow many of their recent appointments and only look within the club.

I'd be amazed if the next manager wasn't Nathan Jones if we do look outside the current staff.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Yesterday was the first game I'd watched in person under Lamouchi. The first 20 minutes was ridiculous. We were at home but allowed Stoke to stroll around with the ball unchallenged virtually everywhere on the pitch.

If that's Lamouchi's brand of football then it's a no for me. If the number of games is starting to show on the players, I thought we were woefully short of fitness early on in the season, then it's a maybe.

I do worry that the alternative is Bamba though if the club follow many of their recent appointments and only look within the club.

I'd be amazed if the next manager wasn't Nathan Jones if we do look outside the current staff.
    Agree on Nathan Jones, if he's still available in summer I'd be surprised if he wasn't offered a deal.

No team presses 100% of the time, it's physically impossible. Conserving energy to press at specific times, sure.

3 point lead over Reading, with a game in hand, still have to play Huddersfield who are currently a buffer to the relegation spots is a decent enough spot to be in.

Reading - play Wigan, Huddersfield. Can end up with 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 or 49 points. You'd expect a win against Wigan, both sides have something to play for in the final game. The goal difference, unless we implode, helps us so realistically, Reading need to win both games.

Huddersfield - play us then Reading. 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 or 50 points.Worse goal difference than us, we get a draw then the most then can end up on is 48. We win, then 47 is the most they can get meaning we'd need 1 point fom 2 games without conceding heavily.

Us - Rotherham, Huddersfield, Burnley. If we could get 2 points, then you're looking at Reading having to win both their games and have a goal difference swing.

It's entirely in our hands, Reading having to play Huddersfield helps us as a draw isn't great for either of them, a win for one means the other will struggle to get above us.

Huddersfield will feel they've the best run in, but again, it's in our hands. Get something out of the Rotherham game and we're basically safe imo.
    Re our 2 points. How so?
    We draw with rotherham and burnley takes us to 48.

Reading win both games takes them to 49.

Hudderfield beat us and shef u (or maybe draw with shef u) takes them to 50 (or 48)

That equals we go down even if we dont lose either away game (assuming qpr and rotherham pick up 2 points or so)

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Re our 2 points. How so?
    We draw with rotherham and burnley takes us to 48.

Reading win both games takes them to 49.

Hudderfield beat us and shef u (or maybe draw with shef u) takes them to 50 (or 48)

That equals we go down even if we dont lose either away game (assuming qpr and rotherham pick up 2 points or so)
    Fat fingers - 3 not 2.

I personally don't see Reading winning both, don't see Huddersfield beating Sheff Utd either.

It;s all in our own hands.

I agree, we’re almost safe, Reading losing was a huge result for us, but after watching this team for forty three matches, it’s entirely possible that we end up with nothing from our final three games - before yesterday, Rotherham were on a good run and it’s Sods Law that we go up there and lose on Thursday. I have no faith in us whatsoever when we play at home and then we go to face the likely Championswho will owe their fans a performance after yesterday. I’ve thought we were going to stay up all season apart from one or two wobbles after dreadful home performances, but, as has been mentioned elsewhere, that penalty miss could turn out to be so important to our season.

I agree, we’re almost safe, Reading losing was a huge result for us, but after watching this team for forty three matches, it’s entirely possible that we end up with nothing from our final three games - before yesterday, Rotherham were on a good run and it’s Sods Law that we go up there and lose on Thursday. I have no faith in us whatsoever when we play at home and then we go to face the likely Championswho will owe their fans a performance after yesterday. I’ve thought we were going to stay up all season apart from one or two wobbles after dreadful home performances, but, as has been mentioned elsewhere, that penalty miss could turn out to be so important to our season.
    I don't buy into the penalty miss being important. A 46 game season, a single moment like that doesn't define the season, things always balance out. If we do get relegated, it's because we'll not have been good enough over the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Unless it was because he was on a yellow card I can't understand why Lamouchi took off Ralls instead of Sawyer's.
    Because they are nursing Ralls. I think he's not the only one either, O'Dowda is another. I think both these players are critical to our survival. I just think he's trying to keep the players he relies on fit hence the reason we are not running around like blue arse flies pressing. We may well see us stepping up a bit on Thursday as Rotherham represents the best chance of 3 points in the remaining games.

I don't buy into the penalty miss being important. A 46 game season, a single moment like that doesn't define the season, things always balance out. If we do get relegated, it's because we'll not have been good enough over the entire season.
    But it’s completely different missing a penalty on the first day of a season and missing one in your forty third match when you’re in a relegation battle and you’ve goals very hard to come by throughout the campaign - we’d be all but safe now if it had gone in.

But it’s completely different missing a penalty on the first day of a season and missing one in your forty third match when you’re in a relegation battle and you’ve goals very hard to come by throughout the campaign - we’d be all but safe now if it had gone in.
    There are points throughout the season you can say exactly the same thing though. We've missed 80% of our penalties after all. Can easily point to our poor shot conversions throughout the season, individual defensive mistakes.

If we get relegated then it's because we weren't good enough across the entire season.

Make your mind up Bob

It’s potentially massive at this stage of the season.

I'm not really sure how we judge a manager who comes in to a team that has no pre-defined style or identity, suffering from low confidence and pretty directionless at the tail end of the season. Players are in the "red zone" and i assume training is not to the level or intensity it is in the 1st half of the season. Morrison didn't have enough time, nor Hudson, so i don't think Lamouchi has either.

Whilst we'll always attract managers, despite our shitty position ( who the F isn't in this league?), as they are driven by ego. It would be nice for a bit of continuity and i can't really put my finger on it but of the 3 managers we had this season, he seems to at least looks the part, whatever that is The other 2 were imposers lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It’s potentially massive at this stage of the season.
    If the other penalties had been converted, other chances converted earlier in the season then it's an irrelevance.

People focus on individual incidents, it's the whole season that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    They did both have yellow cards. However ralls could easily have been a red and sawyers was a very soft yelllow (not surprised people have forgotten it as was so soft).

You never know but if the ref had seen what ralls did again at half time it wouldnt have taken much excuse to give him that 2nd yellow......
    The yellow card was not soft. He was in, Sawyers knew exactly what he was doing.

As for Lamouchi, it took him 3 games to work out what to do, and he's got 17 points from the 12 after that? I wouldn't be heart broken if he left but he's not done terribly. I don't think he'll stay, as it goes. He's been so noncommittal, I think he'll see it as a job well done and he'll go elsewhere as next season is going to be a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The yellow card was not soft. He was in, Sawyers knew exactly what he was doing.

As for Lamouchi, it took him 3 games to work out what to do, and he's got 17 points from the 12 after that? I wouldn't be heart broken if he left but he's not done terribly. I don't think he'll stay, as it goes. He's been so noncommittal, I think he'll see it as a job well done and he'll go elsewhere as next season is going to be a lot harder.
    I've been thinking the same, all lined up for Bamba to take over in the summer...