+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi - yes or no?

Re: Sabri Lamouchi - yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Are our fans really fickle though? Considering the ridiculous run of managers we have had id say they have put up with game a lot quite silently really. Mccarthy was only one who was turned on really and that was only when he consistently did crazy things and we kept losing badly.

It may well be fun and a risk having nathan jones but imagine if it clicked.......
    Exactly, the last manager I can remember the fans publicly turning against before McCarthy was Dave Jones in that Play Off match with Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I've not looked but Ralls may have had a knock. I'm sure it was him on the pitch at the end with some sort of strapping or ice pack

He was a distance away mind, so maybe wasn't even him
    They did both have yellow cards. However ralls could easily have been a red and sawyers was a very soft yelllow (not surprised people have forgotten it as was so soft).

You never know but if the ref had seen what ralls did again at half time it wouldnt have taken much excuse to give him that 2nd yellow......

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Nathan Jones ?

Tell me you are joking

That guy won't be around for long if our fickle fans start giving him grief
    Lamouchi has been around for three months, brought in to keep us up (Still in the balance) Some poor performances and results, We mostly play in patches, which is a tactic of his by the looks of things,yet he has had no abuse whatsoever, he's been supported by the fans, this at a time when we are in our most perilous position over the last 20 years. We as a fan base are not fickle, the people who go and generally supportive and prepared to give people a chance, in fact, i'd say that we can sometimes be too loyal, take a look at this place, we still debate the ability of players when they've played 100 games for us. If you aint got it by then, then god help you...

Difficult for me this one. Positives for me are that i think that the team seems more together, there's a bit more urgency in patches, we are aware of what he wants, even though the players don't always do it, and he comes across as honest, although Mick did as well, so i suppose that only counts for so much.

If he can get his type of player in (whatever that is) Play a high intensity type of game that forces mistakes rather than compete on a footballing level, then he could probably do ok, but is ok good enough? We have to take a look at the previous managerial appointments in my opinion, and they've been poor, Harris didn't do badly although he had some decent players hanging about 'Building' So, what's the likely appointment if he does go? The crew upstairs just react, and it isn't even an energetic reaction, they are ****ing clueless. So, i would give him 18 months to build something, but that's based on the clubs failings and the fact that things could get a whole lot worse.

We need an experienced manager with good contacts to bring in the freebies we will be needing to improve the squad.
    I'd give Lamouchi the chance if he wants to stay but another borefest against Huddersfield next week will be having a massive impact on season ticket sales even if we stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Cardiff City's fans have become incredibly passive. Considering the rubbish that has been served up this season you'd expect some genuine dissent inside the ground during games, but nobody has been heckling the players, the management or the ownership.
    Exactly. We slaughtered owners and players who either didn't have a pot to piss in and really didn't want to be at the club, and players who were on £300 a week who were bordering on non league level. We really didn't **** about back then. It's because we have been in the Premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Exactly. We slaughtered owners and players who either didn't have a pot to piss in and really didn't want to be at the club, and players who were on £300 a week who were bordering on non league level. We really didn't **** about back then. It's because we have been in the Premier league.
    Isnt society different also though? Eg in early 90s under eddie may i saw someone say what made it even sweeter was the players were often in the pubs in the area having a few pints and more so the fans felt close to the players. I dont think fans hated players for having a pint.

Whereas todays equivalent is connor wickham posting on his social media about doing balloons just after the swansea game. A very different reaction.

Society being different in that wickham got hammered online but at the games nothing is said. Same with managers and owners etc.....they may get hammered online but at games nobody has anything to say.

Same with all clubs id say?

Ps yes i get the irony we are having this debate online.......

I wonder why people think like this? It's just weird. There are hundreds of managers out there.
    There was Morison promoted from within, then Hudson promoted from assistant within the last year, I don’t think it’s weird that some fans would think that Tan would want to do the same again especially with him being a fans favourite (well to some) and the easy cheap option.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    There was Morison promoted from within, then Hudson promoted from assistant within the last year, I don’t think it’s weird that some fans would think that Tan would want to do the same again especially with him being a fans favourite (well to some) and the easy cheap option.
    Exactly. Sol would definitely be bookies favourite. Trollope appointed for that reason also. Everything about the board history suggests they would appoint sol.

Isnt society different also though? Eg in early 90s under eddie may i saw someone say what made it even sweeter was the players were often in the pubs in the area having a few pints and more so the fans felt close to the players. I dont think fans hated players for having a pint.

Whereas todays equivalent is connor wickham posting on his social media about doing balloons just after the swansea game. A very different reaction.

Society being different in that wickham got hammered online but at the games nothing is said. Same with managers and owners etc.....they may get hammered online but at games nobody has anything to say.

Same with all clubs id say?

Ps yes i get the irony we are having this debate online.......
    Eg not that vincent tan attends games but even if he did he could be forgiven for thinking fans had no issue with him and probably liked him. Lots would be posing for photos etc with him. However if he spent his time on here, or facebook or twitter he would see a more varied range of opinions.....

yes but not with any real enthusiasm, and only because I don't trust the club not to sign someone worse

It's so tiring being a fan of a club run by a bunch of idiots with no ambition.

Get Tan out or ensure he limits his influence to basically 0, get a competent sports director in and appoint a young manager who wants to play progressive football like Luke Williams.

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation. I don't think we can really judge him until he's had at least one transfer window (even if it's restricted to frees and free loans), but should he be allowed a transfer window if we're not sure he's good enough?
    Personally, if we stay up I'd keep him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    It's a bit of a catch 22 situation. I don't think we can really judge him until he's had at least one transfer window (even if it's restricted to frees and free loans), but should he be allowed a transfer window if we're not sure he's good enough?
    Personally, if we stay up I'd keep him on.
    Thats not wrong but situation slightly different as he isnt under contract after the burnley game. He was happy to come here on that basis. If he was under contract i dont think he would be sacked if he kept us up but as he isnt under contract the question is he worth one?

A lot depends what terms he would accept i suppose.

I'm ambivalent about it. We've played some decent football under Lamouchi but we are inconsistent. My main problem is I don't trust the board to bring in someone better. We're going to lose our most effective players this summer, is he the man to replace them? Who knows? Was he responsible for brining in Sory Kaba? Because that was a masterstroke.

Only on a Rolling Contract if we stay in Championship

Only on a Rolling Contract if we stay in the Championship

Improved since when? Do you mean the football has improved under Lamouchi?
    I think the football has improved under Lamouchi. I thought the second half yesterday was pretty decent stuff. And we've started scoring goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Only on a Rolling Contract if we stay in Championship
    In a world where we have little choice in terms of competent managers and quality players - he seems as good as any. Certainly better than Hudson, Morison, Harris and just about anyone else I can remember in recent times.
    The players seem like they want to play for him, he is will regarded it seems by others in football. So lets give him a couple of seasons and see how it goes.

It depends on what if anything he can do in terms of new players / loans.

So it's a yes from me

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm ambivalent about it. We've played some decent football under Lamouchi but we are inconsistent. My main problem is I don't trust the board to bring in someone better. We're going to lose our most effective players this summer, is he the man to replace them? Who knows? Was he responsible for brining in Sory Kaba? Because that was a masterstroke.
    Lamouchi has mentioned several times in press conferences that he didn’t sign any of these players. Pretty sure the deal to bring Kaba here was being negotiated before Lamouchi was appointed. The club has some sort of a recruitment team these days. Don’t know who’s involved but it was put in place while Neil Harris was the manager and Steve Morison mentioned it on several occasions.

Thats not wrong but situation slightly different as he isnt under contract after the burnley game. He was happy to come here on that basis. If he was under contract i dont think he would be sacked if he kept us up but as he isnt under contract the question is he worth one?

A lot depends what terms he would accept i suppose.
    You're right, there is a difference between not sacking and offering a new contract.

Lamouchi did and plenty of people think he's good. Warnock did and plenty of people think he's good also.
    I think we are becoming less and less attractive as a club by the minute. It will eventually reach the point where only Jody Morris is interested in the job.

When Lamouchi was appointed as Cardiff's manager on 27th January, the team was 3 points above the relegation zone. Three months have passed since then and the team is still 3 points above the relegation zone, but that's only because of Reading's points deduction. City would be just 2 points above the relegation zone without that penalty.
    So still above the relegation zone with a game in hand - win that and we're 6 points above the relegation zone.

Before Lamouchi's first game, City were 3 points behind Birmingham, 4 points behind Stoke and Bristol City, 5 points behind Hull and 6 points behind Coventry. We're now 7 points behind Birmingham and Stoke, 10 points behind Hull and Bristol City, and 20 points behind Coventry.
    Last I checked, Birmingham, Stoke, Hull, Bristol City and Coventry aren't in contention for relegation. The gap to them is thus irrelevant, you may as well cite the points gap to Burnley.

Lamouchi's tactics have often been suspect, while his substitutions (or a lack of them) have sometimes been baffling. With the possible exception of Kion Etete, I don't think any of City's first team squad have improved at all since he took charge, and the team's increasing habit of starting matches slowly has become a real concern.
    Agree on hose, and that's the reason I'd not be in favour of hm getting a long term deal. I also think the style of play he wants, over the course of a season burns players out, as seen at Forest. We have less depth than they did, so could be a major problem next season.

It's obvious that another rebuild of sorts will be essential during the summer. Given what we've witnessed during the last three months, I'd be actively searching for a new manager if I was City's owner.
    Lamouchi has kept a side lacking depth in the division, which was the goal he was set. He's got the best out of Kaba, seemingly. I could see him getting a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Last I checked, Birmingham, Stoke, Hull, Bristol City and Coventry aren't in contention for relegation. The gap to them is thus irrelevant, you may as well cite the points gap to Burnley.
    The point was that at one stage or another, people have believed the largely mediocre teams I mentioned could be dragged into the relegation battle. Indeed, some people believed the same was true of Swansea. However, since Lamouchi has been in charge, they have all pulled further clear from the relegation zone, while City haven’t.

The point was that at one stage or another, people have believed the largely mediocre teams I mentioned could be dragged into the relegation battle. Indeed, some people believed the same was true of Swansea. However, since Lamouchi has been in charge, they have all pulled further clear from the relegation zone, while City haven’t.
    What happens with those clubs isn't and wasn't relative to our position or performances. What some people believe is also not really relevant. It would also need to factor strength of schedule in, injuries et al.

With a game in hand, we've maintained the same points differential to the final relegation spot. The more games are played, then the less chance of a team overtaking as there are less opportunities for points remaining. I seem to recall in a previous post you (or Bob?) referred to how unlikely it would be for us to be overtaken due to teams below us not winning many games.

We've done what we needed to with a limited squad, matching results of teams below us. Lamouchi had a poor start, taking over a side lacking confidence and it's difficult to see or claim he's not got the players performing more as a team than Hudson did.

I've explained why I don't think he's the answer but keeping us up was what he was asked to do. Based on that, can see him getting another year but I'd not want him with a long term deal.