+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FT: ROTHERHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

FT: ROTHERHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Thursday 27th April, 2023. ko 8:00pm
    Live on Sky Sports

The re-arranged game after the 🌧️ 🌧️ 🌧️ washed out the first attempt.

Match Officials:

Referee: OLIVER LANGFORD
    Assistants: Shaun Hudson and Mark Dwyer
    Fourth Official : Matthew Donohue

Re: ROTHERHAM v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

I’m looking forward to Thursday 🙏⚽️

"You only swim when your losing".

Feels odd playing on a Thursday. Looking forward to it though.

Worryingly......by my law of averages, Rotherham are due a win....

Rain rain go away come again another day (15 minute spell)

Is it the same ref as before ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It is.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Jacques Cousteau.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Feels odd playing on a Thursday. Looking forward to it though.
    It is a bit odd playing on a Thursday. This will be only the 30th occasion where we've played a league game on a Thursday, with Christmas/New Year games making up 17 of the 29 played so far.

Our last Thursday match took place last season - an inspirational 0-0 away draw with fellow-initialled CCFCers Coventry. The last time we played a league game on a Thursday at a different time of the season was in 1994, when Phil Stant and Paul Millar from the spot beat Bournemouth 2-1. We survived that season in the third tier, just. Looking back at the records, between March 12th and May 7th we played 19 games, including two legs of a Welsh cup semi against the Jacks. The Bournemouth game was a part of a 9 game run in just 18 days and was the 3rd league game in 5 days.

We've won 7, drawn 9 and lost 13 on a Thursday in the league, scoring 27, conceding 40.

We have twice played playoff games on a Thursday, losing at home to West Ham but winning at Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It is a bit odd playing on a Thursday. This will be only the 30th occasion where we've played a league game on a Thursday, with Christmas/New Year games making up 17 of the 29 played so far.

Our last Thursday match took place last season - an inspirational 0-0 away draw with fellow-initialled CCFCers Coventry. The last time we played a league game on a Thursday at a different time of the season was in 1994, when Phil Stant and Paul Millar from the spot beat Bournemouth 2-1. We survived that season in the third tier, just. Looking back at the records, between March 12th and May 7th we played 19 games, including two legs of a Welsh cup semi against the Jacks. The Bournemouth game was a part of a 9 game run in just 18 days and was the 3rd league game in 5 days.

We've won 7, drawn 9 and lost 13 on a Thursday in the league, scoring 27, conceding 40.

We have twice played playoff games on a Thursday, losing at home to West Ham but winning at Fulham.
    i seem to remember a game away to gillingham on a thursday ?

SuperBluebirds91

There is nothing to change from the pre match comment I made for the past 2 games which was something like - City - just get a result, anything will do - a point or a win. Just get something from the game.

WHY ARE WE playing on a Thursday instead of the usual Tuesday or Wednesday? Gives less time to rest afterwards before Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    WHY ARE WE playing on a Thursday instead of the usual Tuesday or Wednesday? Gives less time to rest afterwards before Huddersfield.
    Television, Sky are advertising their great ten EFL matches in ten days feature. It started yesterday. Luton v Middlesbrough today.

I think Rotherham is our best chance to wrap it up - we know we can play well against them, and we will be considerably less fresh than Huddersfield in the next game, and I fully expect Burnley to thrash us

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Playing Thursday and Sunday is no different to playing Wednesday and Saturday. In fact, it gives the team an extra day to recover from last Saturday’s exertions (if they can be described as such).

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Playing Thursday and Sunday is no different to playing Wednesday and Saturday. In fact, it gives the team an extra day to recover from last Saturday’s exertions (if they can be described as such).
    playing Wednesday and Saturday isn't ideal either, I'm sure Raymond Verhaijen (spelling is probably very wrong) used to go on about the importance of having more than 2 rest days between matches, it was something like teams with 3 rest days are 30% more likely to win than teams with 2 rest days.
    ok he was a bit of a gobshite in general but seemed convincing about this matter

How about using the subs more, especially when we have a pacy youngster on the bench and our striker looks like he can’t put one foot in front of the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Thursday 27th April, 2023. ko 8:00pm
    Live on Sky Sports

The re-arranged game after the 🌧️ 🌧️ 🌧️ washed out the first attempt.

Match Officials:

Referee: OLIVER LANGFORD
    Assistants: Shaun Hudson and Mark Dwyer
    Fourth Official : Matthew Donohue
    Hudson and Dwyer are the linos.

Surely an omen?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think Rotherham is our best chance to wrap it up - we know we can play well against them, and we will be considerably less fresh than Huddersfield in the next game, and I fully expect Burnley to thrash us
    Agreed, you know Warnock will get a result so go all out for the win Thursday. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Hudson and Dwyer are the linos.

Surely an omen?
    The ref’s a Bonny choice as well.

Have got to go to a meeting Thursday evening. Cannot get out it but I know where my mind will be.

Is this game on City TV? No sign of it at the moment, but it's not a Saturday 3pm, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Is this game on City TV? No sign of it at the moment, but it's not a Saturday 3pm, after all.
    It’s live on Sky. Does that make a difference to the club coverage maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’s live on Sky. Does that make a difference to the club coverage maybe?
    Yes, I don't think they're allowed to show it.