+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great relegation battle - if we weren't in it

Great relegation battle - if we weren't in it

If we were safe and looking behind us I'd be saying what a great relegation dog fight it is this year. 2 games to go for most teams, nobody relegated yet, any 3 from 7 teams to go down. Could even be 3 from 7 going into the final game I think.
    Unfortunately we are part of it and I'm hating it.

Re: Great relegation battle - if we weren't in it

I’m actually enjoying it, much more exciting than a boring mid table finish.

I do think we’ll win Thursday and be safe, if we lose I may well have a different opinion.

Ex players always come back to bite us on the arse so I’m praying Hugill has a mare 🫣

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’m actually enjoying it, much more exciting than a boring mid table finish.

I do think we’ll win Thursday and be safe, if we lose I may well have a different opinion.
    Haha yes, I feel the same. It's nice to feel invested at this point in the season instead of a boring game to secure 12th. Makes the wins mean something.

That being said it has also come with terrible existential dread when we lose or miss a penalty, so I'll be glad for a 'normal' year next year (if we get one!).

It would be better if it wasn’t for the points deductions. That situation devalues the competition as far as I’m concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Liles93 View Post
    Haha yes, I feel the same. It's nice to feel invested at this point in the season instead of a boring game to secure 12th. Makes the wins mean something.

That being said it has also come with terrible existential dread when we lose or miss a penalty, so I'll be glad for a 'normal' year next year (if we get one!).
    I’ve put a bet on us to go down ,I hope the bet doesn’t come in.

We can only pray!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It would be better if it wasn’t for the points deductions. That situation devalues the competition as far as I’m concerned.
    I agree, but there needs to be some punishment and points dedication is one of the harshest. I’d be more comfortable if the dedication started at the beginning of the next season. I am happy to benefit from it at the moment though.

The Reading points deduction might still save us yet

I agree, but there needs to be some punishment and points dedication is one of the harshest. I’d be more comfortable if the dedication started at the beginning of the next season. I am happy to benefit from it at the moment though.
    There’s no words, only I hope that our dedication starts from now

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There’s no words, only I hope that our dedication starts from now
    Fcking predictive text haha yeah the time for dedication is long gone. Let’s hang on by the skin of our teeth.

Fcking predictive text haha yeah the time for dedication is long gone. Let’s hang on by the skin of our teeth.
    I deduced that

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I deduced that

Does breaking the rules devalue it as well? Reading could have avoided it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I always suspected you were an expert on business plans. I just knew it.

Exactly. It isn’t that hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Exactly. It isn’t that hard to understand.
    It isn’t hard to understand at all. Never mind good goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders or strikers - what you need in the Championship these days is a clever accountant.

I always suspected you were an expert on business plans. I just knew it.
    Are you? Surely we leave that up to EFL and the clubs, what a weird thing to say.

Are you? Surely we leave that up to EFL and the clubs, what a weird thing to say.
    No, of course I’m not. Which is kind of the point. We’re football fans, not finance experts.

I’ve done some reading up on the Reading situation and, bizarrely, it seems they have been docked points because they didn’t manage to raise enough money through player sales and therefore breached a business plan. This was decided by the CFRP after the matter was raised by the CFRU.

Brilliant, huh?

It isn’t hard to understand at all. Never mind good goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders or strikers - what you need in the Championship these days is a clever accountant.
    Don't agree a plan with the EFL which you don't follow (and probably had no intention to follow).

Reading broke FFP rules, then broke the plan agreed with EFL.

What would you like to have happen?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Don't agree a plan with the EFL which you don't follow (and probably had no intention to follow).

Reading broke FFP rules, then broke the plan agreed with EFL.

What would you like to have happen?
    Was it FFP rules? Or P&S rules? Or both? Have the CFRP told the EFL what the sanctions should be or was that decided by the CFRU?

What would I like to have happened? I’d like to have seen Reading automatically relegated to the National League and their place in the Championship awarded to Wrexham. Just to piss you off a bit more.

Was it FFP rules? Or P&S rules? Or both? Have the CFRP told the EFL what the sanctions should be or was that decided by the CFRU?

What would I like to have happened? I’d like to have seen Reading automatically relegated to the National League and their place in the Championship awarded to Wrexham. Just to piss you off a bit more.
    No answers, just snark.

No wonder there's better football talk on Bakers site.

No answers, just snark.

No wonder there's better football talk on Bakers site.
    Logic would indicate you should post there instead.

Logic would indicate you should post there instead.
    You could join up, boycott it but conveniently post using friends accounts.

You could join up, boycott it but conveniently post using friends accounts.
    That would be silly. I’ve got no interest in it whatsoever. Indeed, I didn’t even know it existed until you mentioned it.

Here’s a question for you: if Reading have been docked points by the EFL for breaching Profitability & Sustainability rules, have the actions of the league made the football club either more profitable or sustainable?