+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone here live in a flat ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone here live in a flat ?

I used to own a flat in Llanederyn. Used to pay £50 per year Ground Rent and £50 a month maintenance, which I thought was reasonable. The exterior of the flats were updated a few years ago and every flat owner had to pay an equal share of the cost, which they let us pay monthly over a couple of years.
    The only thing which I found a bit of a ball ache, was when I sold the place. Had to deal with three sets of solicitors. Mine, the buyer and the leaseholder. Took far longer to complete because of this, than it would with a freehold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I used to own a flat in Llanederyn. Used to pay £50 per year Ground Rent and £50 a month maintenance, which I thought was reasonable. The exterior of the flats were updated a few years ago and every flat owner had to pay an equal share of the cost, which they let us pay monthly over a couple of years.
    The only thing which I found a bit of a ball ache, was when I sold the place. Had to deal with three sets of solicitors. Mine, the buyer and the leaseholder. Took far longer to complete because of this, than it would with a freehold.
    👍

Hi Sludge I recently bought a flat in Bridgend, near the hospital.

Been a good experience in all honestly. Everyone warned me about services charges and leases, but having a management company has been great. They make sure the building and grounds are kept tidy and presentable. enforce rules such as no pets in building, and essentially make it a pleasant place to live.

They actually dropped my service charge from £120 a month to £55 a month this year as our 'reserve fund' had grown to 350k!! and our building is in good condition as is.

------------

Have you looked at Glanogwr House ? it is flats for over 55's (assuming your age sorry) right next to Newbridge. fields. fantastic building and location. you just join a waiting list and pay very affordable rent to live there. I am certain it is not means tested, meaning you could sell and invest your current equity