+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone here live in a flat ?

Re: Anyone here live in a flat ?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Hi Sludge I recently bought a flat in Bridgend, near the hospital.

Been a good experience in all honestly. Everyone warned me about services charges and leases, but having a management company has been great. They make sure the building and grounds are kept tidy and presentable. enforce rules such as no pets in building, and essentially make it a pleasant place to live.

They actually dropped my service charge from £120 a month to £55 a month this year as our 'reserve fund' had grown to 350k!! and our building is in good condition as is.

------------

Have you looked at Glanogwr House ? it is flats for over 55's (assuming your age sorry) right next to Newbridge. fields. fantastic building and location. you just join a waiting list and pay very affordable rent to live there. I am certain it is not means tested, meaning you could sell and invest your current equity
    Fallen on your feet there mate

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fallen on your feet there mate
    I am in a position to buy

I believe that the scheme you refer to is to help people who are less fortunate than myself

But I love Newbridge Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Most modern blocks have a management company. Decisions are made are made and residents have to comply. Much, much easier in the case of repairs, anti-social behaviour, etc. My son lives in a converted house and basically paid for some repairs to the roof himself as it was so hard to get the others to agree.
    I deal with a fair few management companies doing my window cleaning / property maintenance, you usually find that the residents board have a big say in what the MC does, I have taken a few contracts from MC's by just getting to know the main people on the residents board, they save themselves a fair bit of money by just cutting out the MC's, I find someone to cut the grass and do the landscaping and I tend to do the rest, its win win for both parties

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I deal with a fair few management companies doing my window cleaning / property maintenance, you usually find that the residents board have a big say in what the MC does, I have taken a few contracts from MC's by just getting to know the main people on the residents board, they save themselves a fair bit of money by just cutting out the MC's, I find someone to cut the grass and do the landscaping and I tend to do the rest, its win win for both parties
    It definitely can work and, as you say, it can save you a lot of money. But if you have any awkward residents or if the properties are being rented out by the owners it can become a real headache. If you're in a big development there's a greater chance of that happening. Yes, residents effectively tell the management company what to do. They just offload the difficult stuff.

Going off the housing maintenance a mate of mine owns a landscaping company
    He’s got contracts all over with local authorities and private companies
    The Cardiff Bay retail park where Asda and Argos is pay him eighty thousand a year to trim all the hedges etc
    Good work if you can get it especially as they don’t need trimming in the winter ❄️

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    It definitely can work and, as you say, it can save you a lot of money. But if you have any awkward residents or if the properties are being rented out by the owners it can become a real headache. If you're in a big development there's a greater chance of that happening. Yes, residents effectively tell the management company what to do. They just offload the difficult stuff.
    I spoke to one of the ex flat owners the other day and he said that the noise comes up from the ground floor

I can't be doing with that

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Going off the housing maintenance a mate of mine owns a landscaping company
    He’s got contracts all over with local authorities and private companies
    The Cardiff Bay retail park where Asda and Argos is pay him eighty thousand a year to trim all the hedges etc
    Good work if you can get it especially as they don’t need trimming in the winter ❄️
    That's very true

You don't need to trim your Bush all year round

😂😂😂😂😂😂 ✂️

I am in a position to buy

I believe that the scheme you refer to is to help people who are less fortunate than myself

But I love Newbridge Fields
    You could opt to use your fortunate position and be a little less capitalistic by renting and maybe then paying a proportion (or all) of the rent for those less fortunate 😜

I am downsizing

I really don't have any interest in gardens or feeding the birds

I will have to turn down the volume on the sabbath for old Bert downstairs in number 4 but apart from that I can't see any big drawbacks ?
    How will you cope without a basement or cellar where you can chain up your victims, sorry, I mean your girlfriends?

Lets hope theres no schools near this new flat

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You could opt to use your fortunate position and be a little less capitalistic by renting and maybe then paying a proportion (or all) of the rent for those less fortunate 😜
    I am fortunate not rich

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How will you cope without a basement or cellar where you can chain up your victims, sorry, I mean your girlfriends?
    Chop them into bits , stick em in the fridge freezer

I am fortunate not rich
    Just messing. Good Luck