+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Collection Of Songs I've Heard

Best Collection Of Songs I've Heard

In my humble view this period in music delivered wonderful emotional songs ,that went on to influence the following generations .

(0:00) Sympathy for the Devil- The Rolling Stones (6:22) Fortunate Son - Creedence. Clearwater Revival ( 8:41) War Pig- Black Sabbath (15:35) White Rabbit - Jeferson Airplane (18:03) We Gotta Out Of This Place - The Animals (21:14) Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire (24:50) Riders On The Storm - The Doors (31:20) Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues ( 35:44) Paint it Black- The Rolling Stones (39:27) Run Through The Jungle- C. C. R. ( 42:23) Fot What it's Worth - Buffalo Springfield (44:55) Sympathe for the Devil - The Rolling Stones ( 47:45) Stop the Rain - C. C. R. (49:59) Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones (53:37) Going up the Country - Canned Heat

(56:24) I Faught the Law - The Bobby Fuller Four (58:39) Green Grass and High Tides - The Out Law (1:08:22) The Letter- Box Tops (1:10:14) Psicotic Reaction - Count Five ( 1.13:20) War Pig- Black Sabbath ( 1:18:14) A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley (1:20:30) Desperation - Humble Pie (1:26:45) Born to be Wild- Steppenwolf (1:30:10) The House of the Rising Sun - The Animals (1:34:26) California Dreamin' - The Mamas & The Papas (1:37:02) Purple Haze- Jimi Hendrix (1:39:22) Paranoid- Black Sabbath (1:42:03) Gimme Shelter- the Rolling Stones (1:46:30) Bad Moon Rising- C. C. R. 1:48:46 San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in your Hair)- Scott McKenzie (2:00:09) Mr. Tambourine- Bob Dylan (2:04:43) Piece of my Heart- Janis Joplin.

Subject: songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Zr_UmAw0w

Re: Best Collection Of Songs I've Heard

Get rid of the stones , Dylan, janis joplin

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Have you heard Joplin sing ?

Not bad. Some half decent stuff on that list

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Have you heard Joplin sing ?
    Yes , it's a shocking din

What's wrong with this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajbJqfNS0aA

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I do like that and he was immense live but
    Frankie Goes to Hollywood’s version is better!

Each to there own. Some definite yes and some no thanks

F me, we agree on something 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    F me, we agree on something 😂
    Basically wall to wall Black Sabbath

All day , every day

get rid of 80% of it for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    get rid of 80% of it for me personally.
    Stones can naff off apart from bitch

Stones can naff off apart from bitch

Yes , it's a shocking din
    Jesus wept Sludgey, that's a bit rich coming from you, with the amount of turgid metal "vocalists" that you like. JJ is the best female rock singer of all time. End of

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Jesus wept Sludgey, that's a bit rich coming from you, with the amount of turgid metal "vocalists" that you like. JJ is the best female rock singer of all time. End of
    She sounded like she had been gargling glass

Bonnie Raitt great voice

Sandy Denny great voice

Janis Joplin absolutely tone deaf

Not enough CCR

Janis Joplin absolutely tone deaf
    Weirdo

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Weirdo
    She certainly was

Hugely over rated too

She certainly was

Hugely over rated too
    Me and Bobby McGee makes my toes curl. I have to turn it off if it comes in the radio. Sounds like a pub singer.

In my humble view this period in music delivered wonderful emotional songs ,that went on to influence the following generations .

(0:00) Sympathy for the Devil- The Rolling Stones (6:22) Fortunate Son - Creedence. Clearwater Revival ( 8:41) War Pig- Black Sabbath (15:35) White Rabbit - Jeferson Airplane (18:03) We Gotta Out Of This Place - The Animals (21:14) Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire (24:50) Riders On The Storm - The Doors (31:20) Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues ( 35:44) Paint it Black- The Rolling Stones (39:27) Run Through The Jungle- C. C. R. ( 42:23) Fot What it's Worth - Buffalo Springfield (44:55) Sympathe for the Devil - The Rolling Stones ( 47:45) Stop the Rain - C. C. R. (49:59) Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones (53:37) Going up the Country - Canned Heat

(56:24) I Faught the Law - The Bobby Fuller Four (58:39) Green Grass and High Tides - The Out Law (1:08:22) The Letter- Box Tops (1:10:14) Psicotic Reaction - Count Five ( 1.13:20) War Pig- Black Sabbath ( 1:18:14) A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley (1:20:30) Desperation - Humble Pie (1:26:45) Born to be Wild- Steppenwolf (1:30:10) The House of the Rising Sun - The Animals (1:34:26) California Dreamin' - The Mamas & The Papas (1:37:02) Purple Haze- Jimi Hendrix (1:39:22) Paranoid- Black Sabbath (1:42:03) Gimme Shelter- the Rolling Stones (1:46:30) Bad Moon Rising- C. C. R. 1:48:46 San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in your Hair)- Scott McKenzie (2:00:09) Mr. Tambourine- Bob Dylan (2:04:43) Piece of my Heart- Janis Joplin.

Bit weird that War Pigs is in there twice.

Me and Bobby McGee makes my toes curl. I have to turn it off if it comes in the radio. Sounds like a pub singer.
    Very troubled woman and a sad end to her life

But that being said I thought she had a terrible voice

Sandy Denny died at a young age through drink and drug abuse but had a fantastic vocal range

Bit weird that War Pigs is in there twice.
    I would have it in there non stop

Janis Joplin was amazing; raw, in your face, uncompromising. A true legend and who died in true rock star fashion. Her version of "take another piece of my heart" is outstanding.

Turn, Turn, Turn: The Byrds

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Janis Joplin was amazing; raw, in your face, uncompromising. A true legend and who died in true rock star fashion. Her version of "take another piece of my heart" is outstanding.
    I think there are plenty of musicians and singers who died in a rock and roll way but could sing or play well

I thought she had a dreadful voice

Laura Nyro could sing , Sandy Denny could sing