+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Message from Trust about embargo

Message from Trust about embargo

Trust Chair Reports on Transfer Embargo and Cardiff City Football Club Legal Cases

There has been a lot of discussion between fans over several months regarding the above topics so this report to members is by way of update on the current position.

Transfer Embargo

I have been in correspondence with both the English Football League (EFL) and senior management of CCFC to seek clarification on this.

The EFL, through their Director of Communications Mark Rowan has stated in writing that CCFC is "not subject to a registration embargo".

After raising this with CCFC officials they have stated that they do not agree with this statement as they have received different information from the EFL and will be raising the matter with the EFL.

I have asked the club to revert to me as soon as they have received a response from the EFL and they have promised to do so.

Legal Cases

Subsequent to the Court of Arbitration For Sport (CAS) ruling against the club in August last year regarding the Emiliano Sala case, the club have reported that they will pursuing the matter further through the Swiss Federal Tribunal (SFT), which is the Supreme Court, within whose jurisdiction CAS falls.

The club has informed me within the last few days that this matter is ongoing and they are currently awaiting a final decision from the SFT, all relevant paperwork having been submitted some time ago.

The club has also confirmed that their case against the club`s insurers/brokers continues to be pursued.

Keith Morgan,

Re: Message from Trust about embargo

It baffles me how there can be any ambiguity about something like this.

EFL: “Cardiff City are not under a transfer embargo.”

Cardiff City: “Yes we are.”

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Brilliant.
    That’s how I read it.......sheeesh!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant.
    Madness.

Brilliant.
    It's an interesting approach to shifting season tickets for next season ill give them that!

Brilliant.
    like the reverse haggling scene in the life of Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    like the reverse haggling scene in the life of Brian

We're probably only days away from Tan threatening the EFL with legal action unless they put City under an embargo.

Is the EFL being pedantic? The rule that's being applied to us technically isn't an embargo I think. If that's the case though then the club could have pointed that out in their response.
    Why can neither of them be clear on what the situation is?

Is a registration embargo different to a transfer embargo?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    we can register players can't we, Free's and Loans

We're probably only days away from Tan threatening the EFL with legal action unless they put City under an embargo.
    god willing we will have our embargo

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    yep, we just can't pay a fee for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yep, we just can't pay a fee for them.
    But the quote above refers to a registration embargo. And we know we can register players. The issue is paying fees for players? So perhaps the EFL guy is correct and the club are also correct they are just talking about different things?

Anyway be good if they spoke to each other to clarify!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    That's how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    That’s what jumped out ar me when I read it. The question “are we under an embargo” should be able to be answered with a straightforward yes or no, but if there are different types of embargo, then it becomes more complicated - the qualification of the EFL’s answer to the question implies that we are not under a certain type of embargo, but may be under a different type of one. This would tie in with what’s been reported, but the EFL could have stopped all of this speculation by going on to explain what type of embargo we are under - assuming that we are under one.

Of course, all we can do is speculate because the Trust’s message leaves things still hanging in the air, but, from the info we have so far, they’re not to blame for that and I don’t think the club are - the EFL have been presented with an opportunity to fully explain the position and have failed to do so. Let’s not forget either that we’re, presumably, not under any sort of embargo according to their website because we’re not on their list of clubs who are.

Brilliant.
    The EFL quote refers to registering players not transfers though - so we can sign free agents, loans. Unless the Trust have got things wrong, it's odd that EFL wouldn't use unambiguous language like "Cardiff are not under a transfer embargo".

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    … wouldn't use unambiguous language…
    Possibly the best double negative ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    Possibly the best double negative ever.
    Always been positive

Does anyone at the club have a Scooby about anything?

Is there anyone even there day to day?

All the trust had to do to clear this up is to ask the simple question to the EFL - can Cardiff City sign players on loans, frees and by paying transfer fees or not. They obviously didn't or the EFL chose not to answer. Still, who cares ? Its always good to have a good old round of club bashing, just for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    All the trust had to do to clear this up is to ask the simple question to the EFL - can Cardiff City sign players on loans, frees and by paying transfer fees or not. They obviously didn't or the EFL chose not to answer. Still, who cares ? Its always good to have a good old round of club bashing, just for a laugh.
    I asked Keith about this issue at the Trust Office before the Stoke game. He showed me the confusingly worded email from the EFL. He also showed me his subsequent email to the EFL asking what exactly their response meant and the EFL's further response that the matter was confidential and advising him to take it up with the club which is what he did.

You’d rather bash a supporters’ group who are trying to get clarity on the situation than the club’s officials, who have told us absolutely nothing. Kind of sums you up. Mug punter.

Ff sake this is an utter shambles

We really do deserve to be relegated it's a pathetic operation on and off the pitch

You’d rather bash a supporters’ group who are trying to get clarity on the situation than the club’s officials, who have told us absolutely nothing. Kind of sums you up. Mug punter.
    From the post above yours.

"I asked Keith about this issue at the Trust Office before the Stoke game. He showed me the confusingly worded email from the EFL. He also showed me his subsequent email to the EFL asking what exactly their response meant and the EFL's further response that the matter was confidential and advising him to take it up with the club which is what he did. "

Somehow it's all the fault of the club though.