+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gareth Bale comes out of retirement and signs for Wrexham?

Re: Gareth Bale comes out of retirement and signs for Wrexham?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    They do however have the mobility he now lacks.
    Their mobility would be nowhere near Bale at his peak, and that's why he looked below average in the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Silly comment, I was on the sprint team at school, and I was always one of the fastest players in the football teams I played for. However, the top class sprinters are an entirely different level as they possess vastly superior attributes.
    Umm you are at least in your 35-45 and you'd have a heart attack sprinting to your local chippy. So i'm not buying that cobblers.
    You are very fast at running your gob off on here , so maybe there is some future for you

PS ( this is all said in jest )

Their mobility would be nowhere near Bale at his peak, and that's why he looked below average in the World Cup.
    He looked below average in the World Cup because he's shot and his priority or years has been money.

When he was going to leave Real only for the deal to collapse, he was going to China don't forget.

He looked below average in the World Cup because he's shot and his priority or years has been money.

When he was going to leave Real only for the deal to collapse, he was going to China don't forget.
    According to the gist of this thread, Bale should have been capable of controlling games when playing at a slower pace due to his awareness, touch, positioning, etc., but he wasn't. The moment he lost his superior attributes, he also lost his mojo.

It would still be fun to see him playing at Wrexham though, so let's hope he considers it.

THAT is the point.

Ryan Reynolds this, other guy that, hey look! Other Hollywood guys.

The actual football is irrelevant. Yadda yadda yadda Wrexham promote yadda yadda yadda.

It was nauseating when people fawned over Hammam with his walks and ice creams. This is that amplified by a million.
    I love that the Wrexham story has you so wound up. It’s comedy gold. Can’t really understand it, though. Were you once beaten up by a bunch of Wrexham fans or lost out on a girl to a Wrexham fan or something like that? Whatever the reason, it’s great reading.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I love that the Wrexham story has you so wound up. It’s comedy gold. Can’t really understand it, though. Were you once beaten up by a bunch of Wrexham fans or lost out on a girl to a Wrexham fan or something like that? Whatever the reason, it’s great reading.
    And ironically there’s no logic to the hatred.

Bale also seems to really piss them off for some reason so this thread is perfect for them

According to the gist of this thread, Bale should have been capable of controlling games when playing at a slower pace due to his awareness, touch, positioning, etc., but he wasn't. The moment he lost his superior attributes, he also lost his mojo.

It would still be fun to see him playing at Wrexham though, so let's hope he considers it.
    No, the point that I've made is that he would be good at at a lower level than he ever played at previously, and that rather than get kicked to bits they wouldn't be able to get near him, particularly if he was somewhat fit

Lee Tomlin was unfit and slow (by professional standards) for much of his time with Cardiff, but at his best few could get near him. It's not exactly a stretch to say that the same would be true of one of the best players of the last 15 or so years if he rocked up in League 2

I'd have thought you'd have a semblance of agreement, after all, you want football matches, achievements made on the pitch.

Wrexham fans saved their club in the past. That's all been forgotten in what is a hype machine for two actors.

As much as I can't stand Newport, they've been higher in the league structure, stayed up when it looked like they might be relegated yet to the Welsh media, they may as well not even exist.

It's not like the League 2 players don't know how to do what Bale does, they just lack the skill and ability that Bale possesses.
    Yes, they aren't as good as him and as such wouldn't be able to get near him if he's fit.

Awareness, intelligence and so on go into that as well, you may well know what you're meant to be doing, but it doesn't mean you actually do it as well or as consistently as you should, that's part of what sets good players apart from the rest. Defenders knew for years that Bale wanted to go onto his left, that they shouldn't let him go onto his left and they know, in theory, how to prevent him from doing so. Didn't mean they managed to stop him though.

Are you suggesting Wrexham haven’t achieved anything on the pitch this season? Pretty sure I saw them win the league the other day thanks to two fabulous Paul Mullin goals.

Has the fact that Wrexham were saved by their fans been forgotten? I don’t think so. That’s like saying the fact that Brighton were once saved by their fans has been forgotten.

As for Newport, they haven’t won anything this year. Kind of a silly comparison under the circumstances.

Of course Wrexham are a media machine at the moment, and why not? It’s a really good story and I bet the vast majority of lifelong Wrexham fans are loving every minute of it. I know I would be if I was in their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No, the point that I've made is that he would be good at at a lower level than he ever played at previously, and that rather than get kicked to bits they wouldn't be able to get near him, particularly if he was somewhat fit

Lee Tomlin was unfit and slow (by professional standards) for much of his time with Cardiff, but at his best few could get near him. It's not exactly a stretch to say that the same would be true of one of the best players of the last 15 or so years if he rocked up in League 2
    You seem surprised that the worst players ability wise are in League 2

I think Ryan and Rob know they don’t have the money to be a force in the top leagues but unlike us they are making them likeable and also looking at every revenue stream they can to try and push the club forward.

My wife has no interest in football, I did take her to a city game and I think it was 0-0, I’m certain it was awful and she watched some of wales games at the World Cup again awful. However she watched welcome to Wrexham and loved it and was actually looking for a way to watch the game last Saturday although she stopped when realised it was £28 for BT sport. Point being they have people interested that wouldn’t usually be interested, to me it’s seems clever and progressive.

Good luck to them, listened to the Ben Foster pod cast and everything is so positive, I guess the test is when things don’t go so well but they have credit in the bank so to speak.

I was surprised to see Ryan Reynolds net worth is over $350 million
    Not sure about Rob Macelhenney
    Reading Ryan’s previous business acquisitions he’s no mug
    Wrexham is definitely an astute money making project
    Signing Bale would be a business master stroke 💷💷💷💷💷

Bale would be targeted and kicked from the outset every game.

Add to that when he’s on form he’s so far above the Wrexham players he’d be on a different page to them more often than not.

When he’s not on form and or fit, he won’t have any impact at all. He was missing for the World Cup, against some very average players.

If he’d come to Cardiff it would’ve been a disaster and slightly
    Tainted his legacy in wales.

I don’t think it would be the success story everyone would think and as much as I love Gareth I hope it doesn’t happen

Are you suggesting Wrexham haven’t achieved anything on the pitch this season? Pretty sure I saw them win the league the other day thanks to two fabulous Paul Mullin goals.

Has the fact that Wrexham were saved by their fans been forgotten? I don’t think so. That’s like saying the fact that Brighton were once saved by their fans has been forgotten.

As for Newport, they haven’t won anything this year. Kind of a silly comparison under the circumstances.

Of course Wrexham are a media machine at the moment, and why not? It’s a really good story and I bet the vast majority of lifelong Wrexham fans are loving every minute of it. I know I would be if I was in their shoes.

THAT is the point.

Ryan Reynolds this, other guy that, hey look! Other Hollywood guys.

The actual football is irrelevant. Yadda yadda yadda Wrexham promote yadda yadda yadda.

It was nauseating when people fawned over Hammam with his walks and ice creams. This is that amplified by a million.
    Its a TV series, its fairly enjoyable, it started with them trying to turn things around ( bit like the TV Show Sav's did, with Macclesfield, also very enjoyable ) Both Rob and Ryan come across as fun decent blokes ( yes I know they are actors and could be acting )
    Wrexham have been through some crap times, yes the fans saved them, but they were not really going anywhere, these last 2 seasons have been fun times for the long suffering fans, surely we cant moan about that

Not sure its comparable with Hammam and the beach walks, he was a conman who suckered people in with a dream and letting them feel like he loved them, it was what they needed at the time, so maybe it wasnt all that bad

Have you watched the Series ? ? as every football person I know who has watched it has loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I was surprised to see Ryan Reynolds net worth is over $350 million
    Not sure about Rob Macelhenney
    Reading Ryan’s previous business acquisitions he’s no mug
    Wrexham is definitely an astute money making project
    Signing Bale would be a business master stroke ����������
    How is Wrexham an astute money-making project? How long can "Welcome to Wrexham" continue? I think RR and RM are just enjoying the ride. Maybe they get to League One, maybe the Championship but surviving and/or thriving in the second tier will require more money than they can afford to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How is Wrexham an astute money-making project? How long can "Welcome to Wrexham" continue? I think RR and RM are just enjoying the ride. Maybe they get to League One, maybe the Championship but surviving and/or thriving in the second tier will require more money than they can afford to lose.
    Luton seem to be managing just fine. If they can do it, why not Wrexham or any other club of a similar size?

You know Ryan Reynolds is virtually a billionaire right?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    The quickest way to become a millionaire is to be a billionaire who owns a football club...

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    No, I don't. Someone mentioned $350,000,000

Luton seem to be managing just fine. If they can do it, why not Wrexham or any other club of a similar size?
    Is Luton an astute money-making project?

Like most people he'll do anything if the price is right

No, I don't. Someone mentioned $350,000,000
    He earned that just from his investment in Mint mobile. He earned £610m from aviation gin, add in his earning from other investments and films!