+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheff Utd promoted

Sheff Utd promoted

Winners tonight over WBA.

Re: Sheff Utd promoted

The fact that this Sheffield Utd side has gained promotion with three games to spare sums up the lack of quality in the Championship this season. The Blades fully deserve their success but they are very far from a great side by this level’s usual standards.

Unfortunately they have to play Huddersfield. Will they be on the beach? The same coulf of course be said of Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The fact that this Sheffield Utd side has gained promotion with three games to spare sums up the lack of quality in the Championship this season. The Blades fully deserve their success but they are very far from a great side by this level’s usual standards.
    I agree, they’re clearly one of the two best teams in the division, but, apart from when they took Burnley apart 5-2, they’ve not struck me as anything special. Credit to them and a manager I’ve underestimated, but it seems to me they’ll need to be very canny in the transfer market this summer if they are to survive in the Premier League next season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, they’re clearly one of the two best teamsd in the division, but, apart from when they took Burnley apart 5-2, they’ve not struck me as anything special. Credit to them and a manager I’ve underestimated, but it seems to me they’ll need to be very canny in the transfer market this summer if they are to survive in the Premier League next season.
    I think the three clubs which will be relegated from the Premier this season are much stronger than the three which will take their place.

International

It's still a strong League but the gulf is growing, the best players are Premier League kids like Philogene, Doyle, and the rest.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think the three clubs which will be relegated from the Premier this season are much stronger than the three which will take their place.
    Yes they will be it will be hard for any of the promoted sides to stay up now also, maybe Burnley will be able too with the management team and a bit of backing.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's still a strong League but the gulf is growing, the best players are Premier League kids like Philogene, Doyle, and the rest.
    Only one of the top 10 scorers is a loanee, same for the top 10 assist makers.

Teams have always been supplemented by loanees from the PL

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Why ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Only one of the top 10 scorers is a loanee, same for the top 10 assist makers.

Teams have always been supplemented by loanees from the PL
    Tommy Doyle and James McAtee looked better than most players I've seen in the Championship this season, yes there have always been some, but as the Premiership standard keeps improving, so does the quality of their loans to the championship.

Burnley also has Taylor Jay Harwood-Bellis from Man City, and there are many more throughout the league.