+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting Stats about our supporters

Interesting Stats about our supporters

I've raised an eyebrow a few times at some of these popping up on Linkedin from the City marketing team.

Is it just me thinking some or possibly all of these seem a bit.....

41% of Cardiff City fans are in a decision maker role within the workplace
    66% of Cardiff City fans visited a recruitment site in the last month
    65% of Cardiff City fans eat out at a restaurant at least twice a week, if not more
    76% of Cardiff City fans purchased a new or secondhand product online within the last 7 days
    Yet 68% of Cardiff City fans shop online
    and 43% used a of Cardiff City fans used a price comparison website in the last 7 days
    57% of Cardiff City fans notice LED boards during sports games and events
    32% of Cardiff City fans are planning to purchase health insurance in the next 3-6 months

There's a few that particularly stand out, but interested to hear peoples thoughts or if it's just me

Re: Interesting Stats about our supporters

In one survey, 50% of Cardiff City fans when asked, purposefully chose to answer surveys incorrectly. Another survey produced exactly the same result, so it must be true.

How do they know they are CCFC fans?

65% of us eat in a restaurant twice a week or more?

I demand to know who you all are?!

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I've raised an eyebrow a few times at some of these popping up on Linkedin from the City marketing team.

Is it just me thinking some or possibly all of these seem a bit.....

41% of Cardiff City fans are in a decision maker role within the workplace
    65% of Cardiff City fans eat out at a restaurant at least twice a week, if not more
    76% of Cardiff City fans purchased a new or secondhand product online within the last 7 days
    Yet 68% of Cardiff City fans shop online
    and 43% used a of Cardiff City fans used a price comparison website in the last 7 days
    57% of Cardiff City fans notice LED boards during sports games and events
    32% of Cardiff City fans are planning to purchase health insurance in the next 3-6 months

There's a few that particularly stand out, but interested to hear peoples thoughts or if it's just me
    Some of those don't pass the sniff test.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    65% of us eat in a restaurant twice a week or more?

I demand to know who you all are?!
    I can imagine a fair few of our fans get takeaways twice a week or more but it does specify restaurant and 65%!!

Are these numbers not based off of Cardiff City fans who also use LinkedIn? That would explain the high number who have used a recruitment site and those in a "decision making role" since LinkedIn is a used for job seekers and a recruitment tool for businesses.

Those actively using LinkedIn are probably going to be in higher paying jobs or higher up in their industry so are more likely to be eating out compared to your average City fan.

Just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Are these numbers not based off of Cardiff City fans who also use LinkedIn? That would explain the high number who have used a recruitment site and those in a "decision making role" since LinkedIn is a used for job seekers and a recruitment tool for businesses.

Those actively using LinkedIn are probably going to be in higher paying jobs or higher up in their industry so are more likely to be eating out compared to your average City fan.

Just a guess though.
    It doesn't actually say where the numbers are from.
    If it was though I reckon higher than 68% of Cardiff City supporting Linkedin users would shop online. I also think more than 57% would notice LED boards during sports games and events. I still can't see the restaurants one being right either if it was based on any particular platform apart from maybe Cardiff City weightwatchers