+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky's trend for 8pm kick offs

Sky's trend for 8pm kick offs

Means they can beat the 9pm curfew to show betting ads.

They can now bludgeon in a gambling advertisement before the second half kicks off.

Re: Sky's trend for 8pm kick offs

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Means they can beat the 9pm curfew to show betting ads.

They can now bludgeon in a gambling advertisement before the second half kicks off.
    Sickening. Gambling problems through the roof, more needs to be done. Adverts should be banned.

It’s disgusting the adverts show happy punters winning with a quick ‘bet sensibly’ at the end. There should be counter argument adverts showing the poor bugger in his bedroom surrounded by bills and demands with a rope in his hands or a pile of tablets on his bedside table. Gambling addiction is a huge killer.

I absolutely despise the online gambling industry.

No real issue with popping in bookies and putting the odd bet on, where there is at least a social side. Online gambling is an appalling industry in my opinion.

Aren't they all based abroad too? We don't even get much tax revenue

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

No real issue with popping in bookies and putting the odd bet on, where there is at least a social side. Online gambling is an appalling industry in my opinion.

First time I've ever agreed with you.

Betting firms donate massively to all political parties.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    First time I've ever agreed with you.
    Very much doubt that, but thanks!

F*ck Ray Winstone

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

The owners of bet365 paid about £460m of tax in the UK last year.

But it’s not just Sky, itv and their other channels flood their advert breaks with Bookies and Bingo alternating between each break even before the so-called 9 pm watershed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Gibraltar must be so popular due to the weather I guess?!

Small change to them. They are not paying their way, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Sickening. Gambling problems through the roof, more needs to be done. Adverts should be banned.
    Yes, ban gambling ads. Ban smoking ads. Ban alcohol ads. Ban ads for crisps, chocolate, sweets, pop. Just ban ads altogether. People can't be trusted to control themselves, so ban all ads. In case someone gets addicted. To anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes, ban gambling ads. Ban smoking ads. Ban alcohol ads. Ban ads for crisps, chocolate, sweets, pop. Just ban ads altogether. People can't be trusted to control themselves, so ban all ads. In case someone gets addicted. To anything.
    It’s normalising gambling for young kids.
    Setting them up for the future.
    Surely not hard to understand.

And?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And?
    It’s a huge economy for the UK, and it’s good to see there is more and more legislation being brought in.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...smartphone-era

Watershed or no watershed we're still playing in a league sponsored by SkyBet.
    Watching old clips of snooker and darts events sponsored by Embassy, looks extremely dated and out of touch. Sooner rather than later I think betting sponsorship will go the same way.

Have a day off, people are talking about serious issues. Idiot

That's what the Major of Rio did, he wanted people to see past the billboards and look properly and the state of their city, think its now spread right across Brazil.

Ad's don't work anyway ROI is negligible, all about the product and NPS.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Jumped up in such disgust that I accidentally knocked my freshly poured Madri all over my Thursday night Dominos.

Combined with the nerves and tension from the city match I really wish I still smoked, gave that up when they stopped the adverts though.

Has anyone seen the programme Paul Merson did about his problems ? Shows how addictive personalities can get into deep problems and how betting companies prey on this weakness.

International

Of course, eating a packet of crisps is exactly the same as a gambling addiction

International

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    It’s normalising gambling for young kids.
    Setting them up for the future.
    Surely not hard to understand.
    That's exactly the point, they make it look as normal as going for a walk, it's highly addictive, and young people can get into massive financial difficulty extremely quickly, they shouldn't be able to make gambling look like a cool thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That's exactly the point, they make it look as normal as going for a walk, it's highly addictive, and young people can get into massive financial difficulty extremely quickly, they shouldn't be able to make gambling look like a cool thing to do.
    Perhaps you should take a look at the queues of grown up adults at the City stadium every home match placing bets on the football and enjoying themselves doing so. It is their choice to do so and if they do so responsibly then there is no problem. It has always and will continue to happen, tv advertising or not.

Yes. it was a real eye opener.