+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of reception will warnock get Sunday?

Re: What kind of reception will warnock get Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    The thing is we aren't safe. We need to beat Huddersfield. We don't want to find ourselves losing to Burnley and Reading are winning. Plus sending Warnock down would be enjoyable.
    A point and we are mathematicaly safe. Its not just Reading though. QPR Rotherham and Huddersfield would still have to pass us. Its not happening.

At the beginning, Warnock galvanised the support, turned a team in danger of relegation into a promotion team in 18 or so months so will applaud him for that but that is all in the past now so 3 points on Sunday for City and backing our current manager and team is the priority !

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    The thing is we aren't safe. We need to beat Huddersfield. We don't want to find ourselves losing to Burnley and Reading are winning. Plus sending Warnock down would be enjoyable.
    But Warnock says we are his type of people, surely he wouldn't want to win to send us down, surely not

IMO he went from being the best thing that happened to us to the worst.

I hope we stuff Huddersfield and they get relegated thus ensuring that Warnock does not collect the significant bonus he has no doubt negotiated for himself for keeping them up

I think it will be a good one.

Put it this way, I’m still glad he came even if he stayed longer than he should have.

Why wouldnt he get a good reception ?

When he came in we were in the bottom 3 I think - a season and a half later - we were promoted.
    So no need for all the hate. Re cant believe people fall for the BS - talking BS is part of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Getting us to the Premier League from where we were when he joined was a fantastic achievement and wont be forgotten.
    Equally however though, he should also be remembered for not leaving when he should have, and for being financially irresponsible with money.
    Give him a warm reception at the start, then I hope they get stuffed and that the officials really piss him off.
    Is that his fault though, which manager in all honesty wouldn't spend money if it's given to him by the owner? The criticism for the financial side of it lies squarely at the owner/board's door who it appears are inept at managing financial issues with due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    and the first is....?
    David Ginola

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    They were the best of times, they were the worst of times.
    What the dickens are you going on about

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My sister lived in the same village as him when he managed plymouth

He tried to give my nephew a plymouth badge but he told him he was a Cardiff fan and warnock had a laugh with him

I don't like his way of doing things but he gets results on the pitch and people were not complaining when he was pulling up trees for us
    That's amazing.

I still haven’t forgiven him for condoning Claude Davis strong arming Roger Johnson in the throat

SuperBluebirds91

He should get a really good reception. Obviously first and foremost we support our team and cheer for them but Warnock is a legend at our club and should always be recognised.

He dragged us out from relegation and up the table in his first season beating in mind alot of damage has already been done when he arrived.

He glued the club back together and got us promoted against the odds the next season. I will always have great memories of his time with us and to compare them to previous challenges (for example 2008-2012) they come top IMO. That’s not saying Malky wasn’t a good manager either but thought Warnock was better.

He almost kept us in the PL and if the horrible event with Sala hadn’t happened I believe (my own opinion) that we would have stayed up.

Yes thing didn’t go well in his last lots of games with us but he is an absolute legend in my eyes and should get some recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    That's amazing.
    Indeed it is

My sister lived in the same small village , Stoke climsland , cornwall when warnock managed plymouth

Then he moved in next door to one of my best mates in Ogmore near Bridgend when he got the Cardiff job

It's like osmosis I suppose

Indeed it is

My sister lived in the same small village , Stoke climsland , cornwall when warnock managed plymouth

Then he moved in next door to one of my best mates in Ogmore near Bridgend when he got the Cardiff job

Do you have any mates or family in Huddersfield?

If you do, with that luck, maybe you should do the lottery?

Indeed it is

Jackanory tell us a story

Do you have any mates?
    Cant see it myself

What the dickens are you going on about
    He's telling a Tale

Do you have any mates or family in Huddersfield?

If you do, with that luck, maybe you should do the lottery?
    I was sitting at home , my mate phones and says I have just been talking to Neil warnock over the garden gate . He's a bit miserable sometimes though .

I said that's what my sister used to say when he was buying milk in the village shop in Cornwall.

He's almost like family I suppose .

I was sitting at home , my mate phones and says I have just been talking to Neil warnock over the garden gate . He's a bit miserable sometimes though .

I said that's what my sister used to say when he was buying milk in the village shop in Cornwall.

He's almost like family I suppose .
    You literally are the man.

You literally are the man.
    Luck be a lady