+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebou Adams, not bad work if you can get it

Re: Ebou Adams, not bad work if you can get it

Ebou Adams on the last ten months.

"To tear your pec in a football match is rare, then I chipped a bone under my knee cap. It healed in a strange way, so it’s been tough to get back. That’s all behind me now and I’m just enjoying playing football. It’s been tough, but I’m glad to be back and I’m humbled."

We know different though don't we.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, he had the option to let it lie and slip down the messageboard but no, he moved the goalposts to state the obvious, that being a footballer was a privileged lifestyle. He was educated by Tuerto, who’s seen a situation like this close up, telling him that Adams was actually working harder and for longer hours than the uninjured players in the squad.

Nobody was questioning the privileged lifestyle situation, it was his inference that injured players are sat at home, being paid, whilst watching the telly all day munching Milk Tray (Yes, I embellished the last part).
    too easy, drop the line and wait, a couple of dopey old catfish will always come along, chuck them back in, they'll be back

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    NCB regularly competes with himself for the monthly "Craziest Post" award. Recently he picked up the award for accusing everyone who didn't have a water meter of having leaking taps.
    too easy, even the reply is daft and out of context, someone holding a 12-month grudge - Recently? yes of course that famous Rotherham game called off for draught

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    too easy, even the reply is daft and out of context, someone holding a 12-month grudge - Recently? yes of course that famous Rotherham game called off for draught
    Called off for a what??

Probably the majority, but not all players some don't like it, especially when they are losing but that's another matter.

The post is about WORK, ie playing football is harder WORK than staying home, whether they enjoy it as much is irrelevant.

If a plumber in London has to go to work all day every day for feck all is hard work, a footballer in rehab on XK a week is nice work if you can get it, the plumber would swop I bet!
    Not all professional footballers enjoy playing and some see it as just a job. Ben White and David Batty are two high profile examples.

That said, I have 4 colleagues/friends who are off work with potentially serious long term illnesses and whereas we all moan about our jobs, and we all happen to work for big tech firms who can easily afford this sort of cover, they aren’t all ecstatic to be off work. The worry and stress of being ill I’m sure offsets the grind of working.

too easy, drop the line and wait, a couple of dopey old catfish will always come along, chuck them back in, they'll be back
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik from the young ones
    I was joking and you fell for it, like the fascist you are
    uncanny

According to the OP’s logic, every player in the squad who doesn't play in the first team on a Saturday or other match day isn't really working and is lazing about collecting his wages without actually doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    According to the OP’s logic, every player in the squad who doesn't play in the first team on a Saturday or other match day isn't really working and is lazing about collecting his wages without actually doing anything.
    Yep, they’re all playing darts, snooker, apparently they’ve asked for a skittle alley to be installed and they’re joining the Combined Clubs League. It is all beer & skittles

Ah the classic retreat "I was fishing really"

It doesn't really work when you've spent the last 2 pages angrily arguing your ridiculous point

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Nope i've said it's easier than a normal job

and then played along with oh but the poor soul had to do some rehab

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yep, they’re all playing darts, snooker, apparently they’ve asked for a skittle alley to be installed and they’re joining the Combined Clubs League. It is all beer & skittles
    Darts he said didn't he, and a laugh with the lads?

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ah the classic retreat "I was fishing really"

It doesn't really work when you've spent the last 2 pages angrily arguing your ridiculous point
    The last bits were the fishing trips, they bit like mad

Darts he said didn't he, and a laugh with the lads?
    You’ve just gone in my keepnet

Where is Isaac anyway?

Finally got a start and got to go and sit down and chill with a few beers after just 54 minutes.

To paraphrase life of brian you lucky lucky bastard.....

Bet hes praying the injury rules him out for a good while yet so he can go back to chilling and loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Finally got a start and got to go and sit down and chill with a few beers after just 54 minutes.

To paraphrase life of brian you lucky lucky bastard.....

Bet hes praying the injury rules him out for a good while yet so he can go back to chilling and loving life.
    I think his reaction leaving in the pitch says he's not a leacher, just stealing a wage. He was clearly upset

Thought he did alright to be honest. He’s not in the team to be a playmaker, won the ball back a few times. Fans were moaning at the sideways passing but at least he completed them compared to Wintle’s 50 yard switches of play that never once reached the target

Bulut highlighted what I think about Adams when he cited the injury to Joe Ralls as the turning point at Leeds because it’s only when we have him, Wintle and Ramsey together in midfield that we can come close to playing as I believe he wants us to. Looking at Adams’ performances against Leeds and QPR, I don’t believe he’s done badly on a personal level, but our passing, not our strongest feature even when Ralls is there, goes down a few notches with him, or Rinomhota, involved - I think it’s undeniable that our best periods in our two league games so far occurred when Adams wasn’t on the pitch.

I’m not pinning all of the blame on Adams, I often think we could do with more of the qualities he and Rinomhota can give us if they aren’t playing and it’s because a combination of Ralls, Wintle and Ramsey do not give us enough “dog”, tackling and mobility all over the park that we need an Adams or a Rinomhota, but one of the consequences of playing them is that, in a team which gives the ball away too easily anyway, our possession, and what we can do to harm the opposition, declines when either of them are on the pitch.

Adams, Ralls, and Wintle.. none of them have any real ability at passing the ball. None of them can drive forward with the ball.

Those lamenting the loss of Ralls.. he's probably the best of a bad bunch (Rinomhota, Sawyers, included).

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Adams, Ralls, and Wintle.. none of them have any real ability at passing the ball. None of them can drive forward with the ball.

Those lamenting the loss of Ralls.. he's probably the best of a bad bunch (Rinomhota, Sawyers, included).
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

When Ralls doesn't play we don't half miss him, though.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

When Ralls doesn't play we don't half miss him, though.

StT.
    <><
    He's got more drive and tenacity than anyone else we've got in the midfield. I'm hoping he gets back PDQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He's got more drive and tenacity than anyone else we've got in the midfield. I'm hoping he gets back PDQ.