+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebou Adams, not bad work if you can get it

Re: Ebou Adams, not bad work if you can get it

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    People have twisted and not understood the post.

Not bad work if you can get it - is a well-known saying comparing the work of a miner/binman or whatever with a professional footballer, in this case not working just getting fit, and earning maybe 20 times more per week.
    I think it's you that has misunderstood the situation. He's not getting paid to sit at home with his feet up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think it's you that has misunderstood the situation. He's not getting paid to sit at home with his feet up.
    Of course, I haven't but the poor miner has to go to work with a torn tit, they have it harder than professional footballers.

Of course, I haven't but the poor miner has to go to work with a torn tit, they have it harder than professional footballers.
    Miners have it easy. They get to watch telly when they come home. Probably have an iPhone to watch in the lift. Piece of piss job.

Now try being a chicken on a battery farm. Crammed in, force fed until your legs become useless, then slaughtered.

I never want to hear a miner ever say he has a tough life until he's done at least a six month stint on the battery farm as a chicken.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Miners have it easy. They get to watch telly when they come home. Probably have an iPhone to watch in the lift. Piece of piss job.

Now try being a chicken on a battery farm. Crammed in, force fed until your legs become useless, then slaughtered.

I never want to hear a miner ever say he has a tough life until he's done at least a six month stint on the battery farm as a chicken.

Thats not his WORK, lots of people have injuries?

He hasn't WORKED all season, is it fun being injured no but that's not his job, don't mix the two things up.
    A footballer’s work is training every day, whether out on the pitches, in the treatment room etc. Actually playing a game is a minute percentage of a pro’s work in ratio to the time spent working i.e. training, tactics meetings, treatment etc. I’d imagine Adams hasn’t missed many days work throughout his recovery, in fact I’d wager he’s been at work more than the regular starters. The lads who played last night will be off today, Adams would have been in, working, training, ball work, running, twisting, turning, then subject to various assessments seeing how his body is holding up. He’s most probably been at work more than the uninjured players have throughout the season.

No, it's a fact, isn't it?

He's had both, stayed positive and part of the team, and had an easy year picking up his wages.

If you were on sick for a year or furlough, are you sayings it is as hard work as going to work?
    He hasn't been on the sick, he would have been working, trust me on that one. Rehab starts almost immediately after surgery, He would have been working other muscle groups while waiting to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    For the majority of players, the matches are the easy bit. The hard part is making sure that you are at your peak, or at least feeling the best that you do all week, at the right time, so that you can perform.
    Yup, pre season is the graft, and a little bit early season, although much easier, then the rest of the time it's just staying sharp and injury free. Adams would have still been at the club when the players were on their way home at 12.

When players are stretchered off or ruled out with broken legs requiring operations etc....... by this logic they should be celebrating the time off?

OK.........

Tbf I read this thread as tongue in cheek.

Being a professional footballer, particularly this high up the pyramid is bloody excellent money for doing something you love.

He wouldn't choose to be injured, of course not, but it's still a terrific and privileged position in comparison to most of us.

People need to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    When players are stretchered off or ruled out with broken legs requiring operations etc....... by this logic they should be celebrating the time off?

OK.........
    Mate of mine fell from a scaffolding, three stories up, broke his leg and shoulder and his nose. Wasn't his fault, 6 months off, the lucky jammy bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Mate of mine fell from a scaffolding, three stories up, broke his leg and shoulder and his nose. Wasn't his fault, 6 months off, the lucky jammy bastard.
    Yeah sure. "Fell" from a scaffolding. ;-) say no more......

Bet David Brookes was laughing all the way to the bank.

Fabrice Muamba retired at 24 with a heart condition, retired at 24!!!!!!! Jammy bugger eh.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Fabrice Muamba retired at 24 with a heart condition, retired at 24!!!!!!! Jammy bugger eh.
    Not really his contract ran out

A torn tit isn't life or death

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Tbf I read this thread as tongue in cheek.

Being a professional footballer, particularly this high up the pyramid is bloody excellent money for doing something you love.

He wouldn't choose to be injured, of course not, but it's still a terrific and privileged position in comparison to most of us.

People need to chill.
    Exactly well-done mate, the only poster on this thread with an ounce of common sense, except for me of course

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No, he'll have re-hab that's hard work, his mental health, while his mates are laying bricks/or scaffolding he'll miss out on all that work, I bet he hates it the poor bloke.

It's obviously miles harder that the actual job!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Have a lie down please.
    Adams already has been

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Have you ever done rehab? It sucks. It is incredibly hard. He'll have been in pain constantly for weeks, if not months, as well.

He's lost a year of his career. He's also lost a lot of money in lost appearance fees since you mentioned money.
    Never mind, holiday on Sunday for two months, the poor soul.

Apparently, he would have been ready for a week Saturday

International

Get fit soon Adams, come back fitter and stronger than ever, and pay us back for looking after you this season

You had a chance to let this thread die a death and slink into the past….but you bumped it.

That’s even madder than the original post which I have to say is one of the craziest posts I’ve ever read on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    You had a chance to let this thread die a death and slink into the past….but you bumped it.

That’s even madder than the original post which I have to say is one of the craziest posts I’ve ever read on here.
    presumably not including the alternative board

Exactly, he had the option to let it lie and slip down the messageboard but no, he moved the goalposts to state the obvious, that being a footballer was a privileged lifestyle. He was educated by Tuerto, who’s seen a situation like this close up, telling him that Adams was actually working harder and for longer hours than the uninjured players in the squad.

Nobody was questioning the privileged lifestyle situation, it was his inference that injured players are sat at home, being paid, whilst watching the telly all day munching Milk Tray (Yes, I embellished the last part).

NCB regularly competes with himself for the monthly "Craziest Post" award. Recently he picked up the award for accusing everyone who didn't have a water meter of having leaking taps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    NCB regularly competes with himself for the monthly "Craziest Post" award. Recently he picked up the award for accusing everyone who didn't have a water meter of having leaking taps.
    It takes all sorts I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quite the ‘drip’ isn’t he?