+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lamouchi’s greatest achievement?

Lamouchi’s greatest achievement?

We’d scored twenty one times from twenty eight matches when Sabri Lamouchi took over - conveniently, that’s three quarters of a goal per game. We now have scored forty times in forty four games and have an outside chance of getting our scoring rate up to a goal a game in our two remaining matches. That’s unlikely, but I’ll admit to being very pleasantly surprised to make it to forty as a record low goalscoring figure for a season looked a distinct possibility for much of the time.

In Lamouchi’s sixteen matches in charge we’ve scored nineteen times, so you’re talking about an increase of around a third of a goal a game under him (something like fifteen goals over the course of a full season).

The downside of Lamouchi’s tenure as manager is that we’ve conceded twenty two goals in those sixteen matches compared to thirty one in twenty eight when he arrived, but the increase in goals conceded per game is a fair bit smaller than the increase in our goalscoring rate.

For me, the fact he’s managed to turn a side thats goalscoring record was making it a laughing stock into one with a scoring rate which is comparable to many in the Championship is Lamouchi’s biggest achievement at City and he’s done that with the player generally regarded as our best forward missing for much of the time.

Re: Lamouchi’s greatest achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We’d scored twenty one times from twenty eight matches when Sabri Lamouchi took over - conveniently, that’s three quarters of a goal per game. We now have scored forty times in forty four games and have an outside chance of getting our scoring rate up to a goal a game in our two remaining matches. That’s unlikely, but I’ll admit to being very pleasantly surprised to make it to forty as a record low goalscoring figure for a season looked a distinct possibility for much of the time.
    What is the club record low for a 46-game league season, Paul? Any idea?

I took a sample of some poor, relegation seasons a while back and the lowest I found was 41 goals in 1995/96. Incredibly, Carl Dale scored 21 of those.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What is the club record low for a 46-game league season, Paul? Any idea?

I took a sample of some poor, relegation seasons a while back and the lowest I found was 41 goals in 1995/96. Incredibly, Carl Dale scored 21 of those.
    It's the season you mentioned:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_F.C._seasons

What I would say, whether he's a good manager or not is still yet to be seen. But I have enjoyed the games immensely more than many of his predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What I would say, whether he's a good manager or not is still yet to be seen. But I have enjoyed the games immensely more than many of his predecessors.
    Getting 20 points from 13 with our lot is quite the achievement... Whether you'd want him or not is up for debate but he's managed to find a way to win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Looks like 74/75 had a slightly lower goal to game ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Looks like 74/75 had a slightly lower goal to game ratio.
    My first season, although I only saw the last four games. The first of those was a 0-0 draw with Sheffield Wednesday. Both sides were relegated at the end of the campaign. What a start.