+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O’Dowda out for season

O’Dowda out for season

With concussion.

Re: O’Dowda out for season

Hopefully we will see the best of him next season once Jamilu Collins is back. Has still been impressive as a makeshift Left Back / Left Wing Back mind.

With us more or less safe, may as well play Bagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Hopefully we will see the best of him next season once Jamilu Collins is back. Has still been impressive as a makeshift Left Back / Left Wing Back mind.
    Didn't Lamouchi allude to O'Dowda, longer term playing LB/LWB? Lots of wingers move back as they get older.

If we're going to play WBs going forward, would it be O'Dowda LEB with Collins slotting inside, ie McGuinness - Kipre (if returns) - Collins at CD?

Just trying to think of ways to get Collins and O'Dowda in the team at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Didn't Lamouchi allude to O'Dowda, longer term playing LB/LWB? Lots of wingers move back as they get older.

If we're going to play WBs going forward, would it be O'Dowda LEB with Collins slotting inside, ie McGuinness - Kipre (if returns) - Collins at CD?

Just trying to think of ways to get Collins and O'Dowda in the team at the same time.
    Totally understand everyone here saying we will definitely go down next season if we stay up this season. You can't come 18th twice and then not go down etc......

However o dowda and collins might not be the worst left side in the league. Ng, mcguiness, romeo plus a free agent or 2 may be able to cope with this level again.

Sawyers rino wintle ralls isn't too bad to hold in midfield. Plus adams/colwill?! Up front we will struggle with etete Harris Davies though. Is watters coming back?

I know allsop is public enemy number 1 but I think him and Alnwick are OK for where we realistically are as a club at the moment.

Anyway that team Will likely struggle again of course but a decent manager and if we could get a signing or 2 even on loan then we could stay up......

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Totally understand everyone here saying we will definitely go down next season if we stay up this season. You can't come 18th twice and then not go down etc......

However o dowda and collins might not be the worst left side in the league. Ng, mcguiness, romeo plus a free agent or 2 may be able to cope with this level again.

Sawyers rino wintle ralls isn't too bad to hold in midfield. Plus adams/colwill?! Up front we will struggle with etete Harris Davies though. Is watters coming back?

I know allsop is public enemy number 1 but I think him and Alnwick are OK for where we realistically are as a club at the moment.

Anyway that team Will likely struggle again of course but a decent manager and if we could get a signing or 2 even on loan then we could stay up......
    Watters won’t add anything if he comes back. And he hasn’t exactly impressed at Barnsley.

If Collins shows his early season form the LWB spot is his.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Watters won’t add anything if he comes back. And he hasn’t exactly impressed at Barnsley.
    No he's awful just wasn't sure if contract up now or next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    If Collins shows his early season form the LWB spot is his.
    100%. He was already looking like Player of the Season before he got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    100%. He was already looking like Player of the Season before he got injured.
    Collins played just three games, one of which was a 2-1 defeat at Reading, during which he looked far from great. He certainly looked decent in the home games against Norwich (currently 11th) and Birmingham (currently 17th), but I do think his abilities have been somewhat overstated on the basis of scant evidence.

Are we selling Robinson then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yes he has impressed. They like him up there. He hasn't played all available games due to injury and a suspension but in those he has featured in he has played well and scored 3 goals.