+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN: Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN: Match thread

It was a case of "after the Lord Mayor's show" which, in hindsight, should come to no-ones surprise. Pissing down and already safe so the match means nothing and then 3 players injure themselves (Etete, Kipre and Ralls) the match was literally useless to use.

Only good thing to come from it is if Lamouchi does stay then he's seen which players can and can't be trusted. Ojo, Simpson and a few others could be replaced by youngsters from the youth team and nothing of value would be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Yeah, Ojo doesn't have the skill or the desire to get himself in that position. Also completely ignored the time before when he nearly scored a wonder goal from the same area or the time 10 minutes earlier when Philogene did exactly the same thing. But it's nothing new for some of the fans on this board to like to put our own young Welsh players down, it's bizarre.
    I'm really hoping both Colwill and Davies have better treatment from whomever is our manager next season.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ...perhaps the one where the keeper made a great save??
    And then when everyone was in the box he took it and blasted it to nowhere when there was no cover behind.

I find him so frustrating despite his talent

He’s not Ronaldo

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    And then when everyone was in the box he took it and blasted it to nowhere when there was no cover behind.

He’s not Ronaldo
    Probably his only mistake all game and that's what you decide to focus on, I know you don't rate him but come on. He played well and only focusing on what he did wrong (when there were plenty of others who were shit) is bizarre.

Any pro says decision making comes with experience so it's hardly a shock that a guy who never gets a run of games doesn't have perfect dexision making

Absolutely amazing that after watching the starting eleven (apart from Etete) and Kaba produce that go through the motions garbage, we seem to be having yet another Colwill debate.

He’s not Ronaldo
    So what was your view when Philogene did exactly the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Absolutely amazing that after watching the starting eleven (apart from Etete) and Kaba produce that go through the motions garbage, we seem to be having yet another Colwill debate.
    Colwill was a bright spot in utter abysmalness (is that a word? 🤣)

As said above we need a manager who can get the best out of the likes of Colwill and Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I wus there!!!!
    Me too - right behind the goal to see Derek Hogg's 2 goals

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    So what was your view when Philogene did exactly the same thing?
    Philogene is levels above Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Probably his only mistake all game and that's what you decide to focus on, I know you don't rate him but come on. He played well and only focusing on what he did wrong (when there were plenty of others who were shit) is bizarre.

Any pro says decision making comes with experience so it's hardly a shock that a guy who never gets a run of games doesn't have perfect dexision making
    He’s always done that

He goes for the Hollywood pass or the shot to nothing and people go wild because of the once in a blue moon it comes off?

What would Pep say if one of his players did that in stoppage time?

He gets a free pass because he’s a Welsh homegrown

Anyway I do think he should start in front of Ojo who’s awful, but the whole squad worries me for next season

Manager, coaching, tactics are not up to scratch. You can blame the players as much as you like but the buck stops with the manager. We need a thorough overall and find a system/ strategy for the long term. This Club isn’t a political party with short term fixes, or is it at this time?

He’s always done that

He goes for the Hollywood pass or the shot to nothing and people go wild because of the once in a blue moon it comes off?

What would Pep say if one of his players did that in stoppage time?

He gets a free pass because he’s a Welsh homegrown

Anyway I do think he should start in front of Ojo who’s awful, but the whole squad worries me for next season
    Good post!

Well that was a real season ticket seller. 2 wins in 15 home games. If they are capable of so many abysmal performances at home, especially of late, can we have any faith that this manager is the answer ?

I just woke up. 10:25am! I haven't slept that late in years. However, I was up at 4:30am for about 30 minutes and up at 7am for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I just woke up. 10:25am! I haven't slept that late in years. However, I was up at 4:30am for about 30 minutes and up at 7am for the game.
    You lucky barsterd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Good post!
    Hold on.

He was only for 20 mins or so and did more than anyone else to trouble Huddersfield. And people pick up on a wayward shot at the end? At least he had the confidence to have a go even if it probably wasn’t the right choice at the time.

To me anyway he looked to be the only player capable of making something happen when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Well that was a real season ticket seller. 2 wins in 15 home games. If they are capable of so many abysmal performances at home, especially of late, can we have any faith that this manager is the answer ?
    The tactics didn’t work

The line up didn’t work

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Hold on.

He was only for 20 mins or so and did more than anyone else to trouble Huddersfield. And people pick up on a wayward shot at the end? At least he had the confidence to have a go even if it probably wasn’t the right choice at the time.

To me anyway he looked to be the only player capable of making something happen when he came on.
    I wouldn’t have picked on him if it wasn’t for the usual posts calling him the messiah.

He’s no better or worse than any of the others and I don’t think he warrants a start over our strongest XI

But I also don’t understand leaving Ojo on for 90 mins

Wasn’t people saying Colwill was playing rubbish because his confidence is ‘shot’. You can’t have it both ways.

Let’s not just focus on that it was a comment against people saying we should build a team around him

The long and short of it is we really need to find a replacement for Philogene and Kipre as we don’t have one in the squad who can step up

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Hold on.

I'm not judging him on the Huddersfield game alone. His decision making is poor and he doesn't seem to see the simple, more effective, option.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    “Cardiff City's problem has never been getting big crowds from time to time ......it’s getting them on a regular basis” This is very true, having seen my first game in 52/53 season. For example City beat Spurs 3-2 on a Saturday night in March 61/62 season when Spurs did the double and there were over 50,000, the following home game against Villa and there were less than 12,000
    Always been our problem

We can get big gates , Cardiff and its catchment area is big

But many seem to be big time match goers

You must remember, sludge never talks shit. He is like Mark Drakeford, if he says something that you believe isn't true,
    then it's not because he was telling lies or being untruthful it is because you don't have the intelligence to understand what he means.
    It's obvious.
    The facts show our support , given how big Cardiff is , for both home and away games isn't very good

I wus there!!!!
    And in the small crowd a week later ?

Did everyone else have a cold ?

Try "abyss of despair."

That seems to.be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Always been our problem

We can get big gates , Cardiff and its catchment area is big

But many seem to be big time match goers
    That’s simply not true for this season though.

The last four home games has resulted in nearly 25,000 fans per match

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Try "abyss of despair."

That seems to.be appropriate.

Dantes Inferno