+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forget Kaba , Etete I Ours

Forget Kaba , Etete I Ours

Feel at 21 has a lot more to offer than a 27 year old , his ball control is better ,he is youthful , we just need to play to his strengths and support him and play Issak Davies beside him running at pace .

If we can get Kaba cheap great , no stupid 5 million fee please as I don't think he is worth it .

Re: Forget Kaba , Etete I Ours

Kaba’s goals have kept us up and that’s worth more than five million
    Whoever found him playing in European football obscurity take a bow
    Not just Kaba but it will be a very interesting summer transfer window
    Firstly there’s securing the manager for next season then that managers targets?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Feel at 21 has a lot more to offer than a 27 year old , his ball control is better ,he is youthful , we just need to play to his strengths and support him and play Issak Davies beside him running at pace .

If we can get Kaba cheap great , no stupid 5 million fee please as I don't think he is worth it .
    Do you even think we could pay £5m even if we wanted to?

He's kept us up

If we can keep him we should break our balls trying to do so

I would keep Wickham if he sorted himself out

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Firstly there’s securing the manager for next season then that managers targets?
    Do agree let secure our current managers contract ,whose excellent decision to link Kaba , Etete keep faith in it has hugely contributed to those very goal opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Lots of potential in Etete but I think he needs to be a bit tougher, more aggressive but most of all he needs to add more goals. He’s still young and improving, certainly a player in him but still a lot of work to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's kept us up

I don’t want to see a cart house ambling around the field. He can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I don’t want to see a cart house ambling around the field. He can go.
    If hes fit Wickham is far better than a cart horse.

Etete has improved but he's far from the finished article. We should of course persevere with him but he's no Kaba yet but as he's still not fully developed he will get stronger. He shows some promise but surely we can't rely on him to be our only viable big striker assuming Harris will depart. Our biggest loss will be Kipre but I can't see how we would be able to sign him. I would not retain Wickham as he's clearly not up to it any more.

Etete and Kaba together seems to work pretty well.
    Kaba has 8 goals in 15. Would be in double figures if he was better at penalties. I'd love to see him stay, but it's hard to see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If hes fit Wickham is far better than a cart horse.
    By now his fitness should be a lot better , he looks very sluggish even coming on as a a sub I think he is crocked .

Let not forget we got a good footballer in Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Danish top flight club that plays most years in Europe... I can't imagine it was the hardest of scouting operations. He was probably on the radar of a lot of clubs, but timing was just lucky for us.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's kept us up

I wouldn’t bother with Wickham personally. He’s done a job but we can do better

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I wouldn’t bother with Wickham personally. He’s done a job but we can do better
    Maybe so

I doubt etete has the strength to put himself about like Wickham can though

Wickham should be offered a basic deal if he is to stay , he needs to be jettisoned if he's found to be repeating his gas and alcohol nonsense

What are the chances of Etete proving to be the best of our signings from last summer? Probably not, but three months ago I’d have said no chance, now I’m thinking it might be possible - it’s strange though, like Rubin Colwill, Etete’s best performances have come in away games.

I always said Etete would come good, He looks awkward as hell, but defenders hate that

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What are the chances of Etete proving to be the best of our signings from last summer? Probably not, but three months ago I’d have said no chance, now I’m thinking it might be possible - it’s strange though, like Rubin Colwill, Etete’s best performances have come in away games.
    With Robinson injured, Etete has benefited from more game time.

His performances over the past month have been impressive ...

I believe we have a potential star.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Etete has improved but he's far from the finished article. We should of course persevere with him but he's no Kaba yet but as he's still not fully developed he will get stronger. He shows some promise but surely we can't rely on him to be our only viable big striker assuming Harris will depart. Our biggest loss will be Kipre but I can't see how we would be able to sign him. I would not retain Wickham as he's clearly not up to it any more.
    Wickham clearly is up to it on his performances and he is only 30. He set up the second goal on Thursday as well and two at Blackpool, plus the one he scored.