+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good we stayed up and all but that's an absolutely disgraceful performance

Good we stayed up and all but that's an absolutely disgraceful performance

Yes a lack of effort. I'm calling it. Just not acceptable. I know we stayed up and they may be tired but we also know they haven't trained since Thursday due to that silly social media video the club put out.

Even more worrying the worst culprits like sawyers and ojo aren't even on loan but are our problems to deal with moving forward. God help whoever we have in charge next season to deal with attitudes like that.

Had reading and wigan not lost points we'd probably have gone down.. 1 point from 12 at home and every performance was a disgrace.

I know maybe we should be celebrating due to scraping to survival but that's not my mood when performances like that are so common. Lack of effort is not acceptable and that's what happened today. Not good enough. Not now, not at any level, not ever.

Re: Good we stayed up and all but that's an absolutely disgraceful performance

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes a lack of effort. I'm calling it. Just not acceptable. I know we stayed up and they may be tired but we also know they haven't trained since Thursday due to that silly social media video the club put out.

Even more worrying the worst culprits like sawyers and ojo aren't even on loan but are our problems to deal with moving forward. God help whoever we have in charge next season to deal with attitudes like that.

Had reading and wigan not lost points we'd probably have gone down.. 1 point from 12 at home and every performance was a disgrace.

I know maybe we should be celebrating due to scraping to survival but that's not my mood when performances like that are so common. Lack of effort is not acceptable and that's what happened today. Not good enough. Not now, not at any level, not ever.
    I thought we were ok until we gifted them their opener. There wasn't a lot of desire shown but I felt we were the better side, played some good stuff on a few occasions and started the second half positively. I thought Huddersfield were woeful apart from in and around our box. They didn't look like scoring, same as us. After they scored, we were abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

A fecking disgrace. I hope never to see Sawyers nor Ojo ever represent our club again. The rest of them weren't much feckin better either. How we replace Kipre is the major concern though

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    A fecking disgrace. I hope never to see Sawyers nor Ojo ever represent our club again. The rest of them weren't much feckin better either. How we replace Kipre is the major concern though
    Whoever gets the job needs to balance the team ,add pace and strengthen right thru the core of the team ....tall order !
    Also 2 home wins in 2023 !!! The performances have been poor and that's an understatement!!

How Ojo had a full 90 mins is mystery.
    I hope Lamouchi stays on as we need stability and with him and bamba there we will get the improvement we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    How Ojo had a full 90 mins is mystery.
    I hope Lamouchi stays on as we need stability and with him and bamba there we will get the improvement we need.
    Yes maybe if it suddenly dawn's on him he can't ever pick Ojo again. Isaac Davies must be above him in the pecking order. .

Very poor performance. What does Ojo do to warrant 90 minutes on the pitch? What does Bagan do, to not even get one minute on the pitch, despite us not having a fit left back? Why does Philogene not pass the ball? Why has Wintle got stripey legs?
    Whatever - we were safe, and Lamouchi could afford to make some changes. We all knew what would happen.

I'd like to think it's because we were on the beach but is been a pretty standard performance at home.

Basically a couple of yards off it instead of the usual one.

Question marks over Lamouchi, he has overseen his fair share of dire performances. Club needs some form of stability though and I'd like to think with a pre season he could improve things. We are going to have to be so much better next season.

Never looked like scoring until a nice finish from Davies.

Worst thing is many of the team have shown they can have a good game, even the two woeful today Ojo and Sawyers have had a MOM performance but good performances are once in 10-15 games if we’re lucky.

We are inconsistent and if we don’t find some cohesion it will be another relegation scrap

we played Thursday night and again Sunday lunchtime, and the opposition had like 2 weeks to prepare.
    if we had needed to dig deep and get a performance from somewhere then I think we could have, but it was a dead game for us and they were a lot fresher

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we played Thursday night and again Sunday lunchtime, and the opposition had like 2 weeks to prepare.
    if we had needed to dig deep and get a performance from somewhere then I think we could have, but it was a dead game for us and they were a lot fresher
    What worries me about Lamouchi that he went with Sawyers and Ojo again as the fresh players.

A shit decision. Sawyers as part of a 2 man midfield centre as well.

Colwill and Davies should have started.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    What worries me about Lamouchi that he went with Sawyers and Ojo again as the fresh players.

A shit decision. Sawyers as part of a 2 man midfield centre as well.

Colwill and Davies should have started.
    This is it for me. Our 2 shittest players by far including in effort were our 2 freshest! What was sabri thinking?

Play a few youngsters and nobody would complain. Or play your strongest team. He didn't do either. Quite worrying they are the 2 he turned to.

Huddersfield will take the points but really should have been 4 or 5 nil and 2 1 flattered us.

I had really hoped the team would have put on a show for the fans today recognising they needed to deliver. Instead certain players showed apathy and laziness. In some ways going down would have been a big boot up the arse which is what the setup needs but staying up still demands a massive change in attitude. Definitely question the management structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I had really hoped the team would have put on a show for the fans today recognising they needed to deliver. Instead certain players showed apathy and laziness. In some ways going down would have been a big boot up the arse which is what the setup needs but staying up still demands a massive change in attitude. Definitely question the management structure.
    Lets hope the Trust and supporters group ask tough questions this afternoon re the management structure.

I want Lamouchi to stay but the team selection today was abysmal. Kaba as a loan striker would never work and three defensive midfielders (Ralls,Wintle and Sawyers) showed far too much for relegation threatened opposition.
    The at he talked after the game must have had Tan and Dalman rubbing their hands with glee - “the current squad is much better than our league position”
    No money spent = relegation next year for certain

We have been poor all season

We can't have another season of crap performances

That's the worst side we have had since we got promoted 20 years ago

Hopefully he's able to clear out the dead wood

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I want Lamouchi to stay but the team selection today was abysmal. Kaba as a loan striker would never work and three defensive midfielders (Ralls,Wintle and Sawyers) showed far too much for relegation threatened opposition.
    The at he talked after the game must have had Tan and Dalman rubbing their hands with glee - “the current squad is much better than our league position”
    No money spent = relegation next year for certain
    Ralls was playing left wing back and we completely fell apart after he went off. Should have been playing in midfield from the off.

It was disappointing. And not fair to the fans that showed up. But I'll give them a break. They worked hard and they showed passion and desire to achieve the goal of playing in the Championship next season.

2 poor teams, one poor team safe and playing for nothing, the other looked even poorer playing to survive ( this season )
    Ojo & Sawyers stood out as off the mark

Davies and Rubes looked like they wanted to attack, being slightly closer and level with the pitch, Rubes has really grown, I didnt realise how much till today , Philogene once again looked a class apart from this team

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We have been poor all season

We can't have another season of crap performances

That's the worst side we have had since we got promoted 20 years ago

Hopefully he's able to clear out the dead wood
    as someone living away it's an expensive exercise coming down to C4rdf and whilst I've been happy to do this in the past the current sh1te on show makes it a non-starter.

i really feel for ST holders and others who attend in the hope of being entertained rather than persistently frustrated.

Totally disgraceful performance! Bet the Reading and Rotherham fans are wondering if we let them win. Shocking!

I totally agree with the OP and others. That was abysmal and for the last home game of an atrocious season or was simply unacceptable. I'm seriously questioning renewing my ST because on that shitshow.

as someone living away it's an expensive exercise coming down to C4rdf and whilst I've been happy to do this in the past the current sh1te on show makes it a non-starter.

i really feel for ST holders and others who attend in the hope of being entertained rather than persistently frustrated.
    Football

She's a cruel mistress

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Football

She's a cruel mistress
    Some people are giving excuses such as we were safe, we played Thursday etc. it shouldn’t matter where we are in the league and which league it is. We pay our money to see effort and hopefully some skill, a desire to win for the fans. Some of them look as though they were brought in as volunteers and play out of the goodness of their heart. Shameful.

I fear for next season. It will be a much stronger Championship than this season's showing and performances like today will guarantee relegation.