+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Congratulations to Penybont

Congratulations to Penybont

Qualified for Europe for I believe the first time ever with their 3rd place finish in the cymru premier. Fantastic achievement and well deserved. 👏

Wales regained our 4th European spot this season due to improved performances from Welsh clubs in Europe.

Cardiff met home to Haverfordwest next Saturday at 5 for their European play for those not watching the coronation to take in.....

Re: Congratulations to Penybont

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Qualified for Europe for I believe the first time ever with their 3rd place finish in the cymru premier. Fantastic achievement and well deserved. 👏

Wales regained our 4th European spot this season due to improved performances from Welsh clubs in Europe.

Cardiff met home to Haverfordwest next Saturday at 5 for their European play for those not watching the coronation to take in.....
    I hope they get standard liege or admiral wacker.

👍

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    ��
    Brewery Field for this game, 8,000 capacity ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Brewery Field for this game, 8,000 capacity ?
    They won't need that although it would be great

Rishi would probably still call them Bridgend FC

That's great news, although it's a shame that TNS seem to be even more dominant now than they used to be

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    That's great news, although it's a shame that TNS seem to be even more dominant now than they used to be
    Absolutely. Unfortunately it's the same issue across all of Europe as the winners get so much more money than the rest through the champions league most leagues aren't competitive now.

As an aside with all the wrexham success and interest it would take such little investment into a decent sized club like Bangor or Colwyn Bay or barry etc.....to compete and make inroads in Europe. Watch this space I guess......

This made me LOL

Promoted sides 'tremendous boost' for Cymru Premier - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65432862

Article on crowds here. Colwyn Bay were in the league below wrexham in 2015 yet crowds have tripled since moving to welsh system and pushing 800 average now. Barry also averaging over 500 in league below cymru premier.

Absolutely. Unfortunately it's the same issue across all of Europe as the winners get so much more money than the rest through the champions league most leagues aren't competitive now.

As an aside with all the wrexham success and interest it would take such little investment into a decent sized club like Bangor or Colwyn Bay or barry etc.....to compete and make inroads in Europe. Watch this space I guess......
    Bizarrely this story was published today of a time when it did happen. When barry town were going to be the biggest club in Africa and were opening academies in china.....

https://nation.cymru/sport/when-glad...er-barry-town/

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Only team with a rich backer, I think Connah's Quay tried to go pro for a couple of years and won the title but ended up incapable of sustaining it.

What I find annoying about TNS is that they bring in some EFL standard players, piss the league but are pathetic in Europe. It would be worth it from a Welsh perspective if they could at least get through to the Conference League to boost the league's coefficient and push for more European spots but they don't get anywhere near.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Only team with a rich backer, I think Connah's Quay tried to go pro for a couple of years and won the title but ended up incapable of sustaining it.

What I find annoying about TNS is that they bring in some EFL standard players, piss the league but are pathetic in Europe. It would be worth it from a Welsh perspective if they could at least get through to the Conference League to boost the league's coefficient and push for more European spots but they don't get anywhere near.
    Yeah the FAW have been doing a review into the domestic leagues and noel mooney is adamant with the national team almost sorted out the main focus of the FAW is on the improving interest and the domestic leagues. I know we play in the English system and rightly so but as you say it would be good for wales for European performances to improve.

May be summer football on the cards or may be regular Friday night football or something but something will certainly be done

Qualified for Europe for I believe the first time ever with their 3rd place finish in the cymru premier. Fantastic achievement and well deserved. ��

I’ll probably watch that unless it clashes with when I’ve got to pledge my allegiance to the guy who insists on not picking up a pen he’s sat a couple of feet from.

Went to Penybont for the Jason Bowen benefit game last week and you can’t fail to be impressed by the set up there.

Dibs is running the clubhouse down there and has done a superb job.

Chuffed for Sludge, getting to see his local side in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Agreed. John must be over the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Sludge is used to European football, after watching "his" boys dominate the old European cup in the 70s and 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    Sludge is used to European football, after watching "his" boys dominate the old European cup in the 70s and 80s.
    Nottingham Forest ?

That's feckin miles away

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Nottingham Forest ?

That's feckin miles away
    I was referring to the mickeys, as well you know.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    I was referring to the mickeys, as well you know.
    Which is why I took the piss and got in first with forest

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/licens...20232024/?s=09

Also congratulations to penybont for being one of only 4 teams in Wales to get academy catgory A status. Obviously doing quite a lot right there.