+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games on Coronation Day

Re: Games on Coronation Day

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    if you come over to the dark side organ and a few others will fill help you fill in the dots .............
    I've seen the drivel that lot post on the other forum. No thanks.

BBC news today...
    Some royalist nutters are already camping along the route to get the best view on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Maurice

DLM

JamesWales

The OP

Any tory voter basically
    Like most people, I shall neither swear allegience nor spend the days and weeks preceding the event moaning about it on social media and football messageboards!

I am quite looking forward to watching it. Witnessing history etc etc

Incidentally, most Labour, Tory, Lib Dem, Leave and Remain voters seem to support the monarchy, so the country is probably not as sectarian and divided as you would like?!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals/article-12034119/Britain-rallies-royals-Major-new-poll-reveals-little-appetite-republicanism.html

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Apparently if anyone gets a penalty during the period of the Coronation the taker must first be anointed with linement and then take it behind a specially erected screen. Think I have got that right!
    Adding to our humiliation of missing another one.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Hoe many on here are going to swear allegiance then?
    I reckon we could count them on the fingers of one elbow.
    Anyone over 80 and Tory will lap this sort of thing up. They love nothing better than to doff their caps to people they feel deserve it, usually by fate of birth, then sneer with contempt at the rest of us.

First Team

The thought of watching pudgy tampon fingers and Burnley giving a thrashing are both rather disagreeable.
    Accordingly, I will be dusting down the cricket gear and turning out for the first game of the season.
    A lovely tea with a few slices of batenburg cake and a ham sarnie appeal considerably more.