+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dog Owners

Dog Owners

My dog has started to eat his own siht. Is there some reason for this? Don't say he's hungry as he's very well fed. It's weird.

Re: Dog Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    My dog has started to eat his own siht. Is there some reason for this? Don't say he's hungry as he's very well fed. It's weird.
    Lots of dogs do.
    It’s not very pleasant but not unusual.

One of mine used to eat the others poo if it had chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    He's simply going through the motions...

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Lots of dogs do.
    It’s not very pleasant but not unusual.

One of mine used to eat the others poo if it had chance.
    Mine's not as bad as she was when she was younger, but she still does it now and again - she knows she shouldn't do it now though.

In a dogs mind - it has just had something nice to eat. A few hours later it does a poo and then thinks - oh this smells just like that lovely lunch I had earlier - double winner - I'll eat it again and again and again.

We changed the dogs food or changed it round every other day - and the problem went away. It is gross though...

Look on the bright side. You only ever need to feed the dog once.

My old dog used to have a love of horse manure. Couldn't get enough of it. Literally would lunge towards it on the lead.
    Trouble is they then want to lick you

My dog eats cat shit, loves the stuff. idiot. But yeah i think its quite normal (in dog terms) to eat the shit of other animals, or their own.
    When i was growing up our family dog back then used to love rolling in fox shit. honestly it was like he was having a massage or something rolling around in it like it was a radox bubble bath.
    Weird little creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    My dog eats cat shit, loves the stuff. idiot. But yeah i think its quite normal (in dog terms) to eat the shit of other animals, or their own.
    When i was growing up our family dog back then used to love rolling in fox shit. honestly it was like he was having a massage or something rolling around in it like it was a radox bubble bath.
    Weird little creatures.
    Made me laugh out loud….the rolling in fox shit bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Weird little creatures.
    Every dog I have had has loved rolling in fox shit, it's not uncommon. I'm not too bothered about that. It's the chod-munching that disturbs me.