Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Yup, the coaching is so poor that none of our younger players are making an impact. I mean, that would be incompetence of the highest order. There may well be a tune to play in one or to of them, but in my opinion they haven't done enough. That's not to say that the payers in their positions aren't crap either, so from that perspective they can feel a bit hard done by, although if that's how we are going to judge this situation then we're more ****ed that i previously thought.
It's utterly the coaching.

Look at Joel Bagan - his purple patch last season showed what he can do going forward. Later though, he wasn't attacking defenders was checking, looking for a ball back or inside.

Youngsters play a certain way, that gets them to the team. Generalising, younger players can either freeze like a rabbit in the headlights or play with "no fear". If we're coaching players not to take risks, don't make mistakes, play safe, then there's even more pressure on youngsters to not make mistakes. Who is going to look good when asked to play something that isn't their natural game?

The youngsters need that game time, to make mistakes and learn from them. If Colwill were looking for say 8 no look hollywood passes a game, a word would be needed. You didn't however stop him ever attempting it because you're then taking a strength away from them. If it comes off, then fantastic, but a youngster needs to make those mistakes to learn from them, to become more selective.

senior players have msde mistake after mistake after mistake with far less repercussions.