+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: BURNLEY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: BURNLEY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I really hope some journo can pluck up the courage to look Lamouchi straight Inthe eye and ask him directly..."Sabri what on Earth do you see in Ojo that no one else can?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    For the youngsters to thrive and progress, you have to have decent Coaches. Unfortunately that isn’t the case here.
    Yup, the coaching is so poor that none of our younger players are making an impact. I mean, that would be incompetence of the highest order. There may well be a tune to play in one or to of them, but in my opinion they haven't done enough. That's not to say that the payers in their positions aren't crap either, so from that perspective they can feel a bit hard done by, although if that's how we are going to judge this situation then we're more ****ed that i previously thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    For the youngsters to thrive and progress, you have to have decent Coaches. Unfortunately that isn’t the case here.
    We had the laughable situation of Morison being praised yet failed to pick any of the u23/21 players he was tasked to develop in his previous role at the club.

Millwall losing. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, the coaching is so poor that none of our younger players are making an impact. I mean, that would be incompetence of the highest order. There may well be a tune to play in one or to of them, but in my opinion they haven't done enough. That's not to say that the payers in their positions aren't crap either, so from that perspective they can feel a bit hard done by, although if that's how we are going to judge this situation then we're more ****ed that i previously thought.
    As long as Tom ramusut stays that's all that matters. He was the clubs under 11 coach a few seasons ago so nobody can say he shouldn't be the first teams assistant manager.

It's utterly the coaching.

Look at Joel Bagan - his purple patch last season showed what he can do going forward. Later though, he wasn't attacking defenders was checking, looking for a ball back or inside.

Youngsters play a certain way, that gets them to the team. Generalising, younger players can either freeze like a rabbit in the headlights or play with "no fear". If we're coaching players not to take risks, don't make mistakes, play safe, then there's even more pressure on youngsters to not make mistakes. Who is going to look good when asked to play something that isn't their natural game?

The youngsters need that game time, to make mistakes and learn from them. If Colwill were looking for say 8 no look hollywood passes a game, a word would be needed. You didn't however stop him ever attempting it because you're then taking a strength away from them. If it comes off, then fantastic, but a youngster needs to make those mistakes to learn from them, to become more selective.

senior players have msde mistake after mistake after mistake with far less repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    As long as Tom ramusut stays that's all that matters. He was the clubs under 11 coach a few seasons ago so nobody can say he shouldn't be the first teams assistant manager.
    Don't get me started

Logic and Dorcus.......don't always agree but today....

...and Eli King get 3-4 minutes....WHAT is the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Whyte barely played, so not sure why he's brought into things. Simpson is not that bad, not great, average, but is depth.

Having seen the Championship this season, I'd say it's a mid table squad. Seen plenty of poor performances from teams above us.
    If I had to pick league 1 or championship level- that starting team today is more league 1 level than championship.

Allsop, romeo, Simpson, rino, ojo, wickham are all league 1. Or maybe being kind to them if they were in league 1 they wouldn't look out of place.

Colwill unproven either way.

Ng wintle mcguiness,Philo are championship.

Whyte barely played, so not sure why he's brought into things. Simpson is not that bad, not great, average, but is depth.

Having seen the Championship this season, I'd say it's a mid table squad. Seen plenty of poor performances from teams above us.
    Simpson is way out of his depth at this level and the squad is what it is - a bottom 3 squad. Fortunately Reading got 3 deducted.

Huge rebuild on and off the pitch needed.

I really hope Lamouchi (if it is him given the job which I hope its not) isnt telling Tan weve a mid table squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    If I had to pick league 1 or championship level- that starting team today is more league 1 level than championship.

Allsop, romeo, Simpson, rino, ojo, wickham are all league 1.

Colwill unproven either way.

Ng wintle mcguiness,Philo are championship.
    I dont think Simpson or Ojo are L1 level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I was being kind. Lol

Seriously though ciaran brown just got player and players player of year at Oxford. Josh Murphy is also there. Being kind to Simpson and ojo they could aspire to Oxford level (just escaping relegation league 1).

Booo.

Moral victory for City.

It's utterly the coaching.

Look at Joel Bagan - his purple patch last season showed what he can do going forward. Later though, he wasn't attacking defenders was checking, looking for a ball back or inside.

Youngsters play a certain way, that gets them to the team. Generalising, younger players can either freeze like a rabbit in the headlights or play with "no fear". If we're coaching players not to take risks, don't make mistakes, play safe, then there's even more pressure on youngsters to not make mistakes. Who is going to look good when asked to play something that isn't their natural game?

The youngsters need that game time, to make mistakes and learn from them. If Colwill were looking for say 8 no look hollywood passes a game, a word would be needed. You didn't however stop him ever attempting it because you're then taking a strength away from them. If it comes off, then fantastic, but a youngster needs to make those mistakes to learn from them, to become more selective.

senior players have msde mistake after mistake after mistake with far less repercussions.
    In my opinion (and it is only an opinion) i think that you're over complicating things a bit. When a player is out on the field of play instinct will kick in if opportunity is presented, and most will take it, especially if they have that belief in themselves, and there's nothing a coach or manager can do about it during the game. If a player possesses certain attributes then most managers will want to utilise them. Also, youngsters aren't afforded that many mistakes, right or wrong, they have to learn quickly or they'll be out. It's brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Logic and Dorcus.......don't always agree but today....

...and Eli King get 3-4 minutes....WHAT is the point of that?
    Appearance bonus.

Re: FT: BURNLEY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Seriously, I watched both National League semi finals yesterday and I genuinely don't think Ojo is as good as the players in all four clubs. I'd say he might fit in at a struggling mid table National League club.

At least a shocker of a season is over and we survive.

Far easier to stay in the Championship than get out of L1.

We really need those in charge to make positive changes in the next few weeks.

Only one side in the Championship lost more games than City this season - Blackpool.

Only one side in the Championship scored fewer goals than City this season - Wigan.

Mid-table squad, though. Just underperformed.

In my opinion (and it is only an opinion) i think that you're over complicating things a bit. When a player is out on the field of play instinct will kick in if opportunity is presented, and most will take it, especially if they have that belief in themselves, and there's nothing a coach or manager can do about it during the game. If a player possesses certain attributes then most managers will want to utilise them. Also, youngsters aren't afforded that many mistakes, right or wrong, they have to learn quickly or they'll be out. It's brutal.
    But there was a clear difference in Bagan's performances though. That had to be coaching. We've seen a reluctance in a=ll managers to give the youngsters a run of games. That's management.

We've had senior players make mistakes repeatedly and remain in the team. That's bad management.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Only one side in the Championship lost more games than City this season - Blackpool.

Only one side in the Championship scored fewer goals than City this season - Wigan.

Mid table defence. Lack of goals. Experienced senior players not showing up. Poor management. Underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Well, that’s a couple of lines I was going put in my blog (I still will do actually) out there already!

Shit end to a shit season

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Shit end to a shit season
    Sums it up nicely.

Havent we got a corner stat of 1 goal from over 200 taken as well.?

We really need to make the most of not finding ourselves back in the lower leagues.

Last thing we need is Lamouchi telling Tan he has a decent squad.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, that’s a couple of lines I was going put in my blog (I still will do actually) out there already!
    Joint-worst goals tally for a 46-game season with the mighty class of 95/96. A glorious achievement.