+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: BURNLEY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BURNLEY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

At least I didn't see the game. I still want my 25 quid back though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    At least I didn't see the game. I still want my 25 quid back though.
    £25...for what? Even club tV is a tenner for international viewings..

Having just got home from work, I take it that we lost with a whimper?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    ...without even a whimper and their third goal was negligence of the highest order in the wall not even jumping.....

Did the plan come together? ‘Sabri, keep us up by the skin of our teeth, don’t go getting us mid table, as another club will poach you”. Don’t know whether to put or or or or or, I think will suffice.

Re: BURNLEY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    How did the anthem go
    Nice touch hearing ‘God Save Our King’ when young Eli came on

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Yes we did. We defended quite well for a while and Colwill missed a good chance early on, but it was all pretty easy for Burnley.

Yes but Ralls tripped up one of their fans so it was worth the trip

Colwill one for next season ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ojo really is a disgrace to the profession.

To think we signed him for a second time tells you how cluelesss the recruitment at the football club is.
    Best transfer window ever. Burnley had their transition year and got 100 points. Our recruitment has been a shambles. Midfield is a joke, we have 2 good centre backs, one is a loan, we didn’t get a centre forward until Jan 31st and we still haven’t replaced our left back.

There wasn’t a clue on how to play, on how we get results. Burnley was all pass and move today, the full backs inside and the wingers really wide, but it’s basically a really fluid 442. Under Morison it was a really predictable and static 433, everyone was signed to play in it and it’s been a shitshow ever since.

Thank God this season is over. They’ve got to sign a centre back, centre mid, winger and 2 centre forwards in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Biggest cheer of the day

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    I don't think the squad is as bad as many claim, it's massively underperformed.

Mid table for me.

We've a decent young core of players that successive managers including Lamouchi aren't taking advantage of.

What are Rino, Ojo going to show in this game that will cause a manager to ignore the rest of their seasons?

Bagan and Harris, both out of contract soon, on the bench. Harris was going to go to Blackburn in Jan till we asked for a transfer fee, Bagan has been frozen out this season after recovering from injury.

Longer term an attacking group of Colwill, Etete and Davies looks promising. King in midfield,. McGuinness, Denham at the back. Luthra in goal. Now I'd certainly not advocate playing Denham or Luthra from day one next season, but we've got a decent young spine there to build around.

Successive managers have built around experience, slot youngsters in as and when. I'd go the other route and build around talented youngsters. They progress, you don't need to spend and indeed, could attract big bids.
    Our squad is dire. It has been for years. The midfield hasn’t ever been addressed. Our young players have been ignored time and time again and therefore we have absolutely no idea how good they are. They’ll all leave anyway.

We can stay up being horrible and playing 352. We have proved that. I mean, if Sabri can get 20 points from 13 with our midfield and strikers, then fair play.

We have a few players to build around. McGuinness, Ng and Romeo can play at this level in defence. Ralls, Wintle and Rino aren’t terrible but can’t play together. O’Dowda is a good player. Etete needs a partner and the two keepers are poor but they’re not completely horrific. Robinson is going to be key and let’s hope Collins comes back strongly. That’s it. We need to hit on 6/7 signings this summer. We can’t afford to waste money on garbage like Daley-Campbell and Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Our squad is dire. It has been for years. The midfield hasn’t ever been addressed. Our young players have been ignored time and time again and therefore we have absolutely no idea how good they are. They’ll all leave anyway.

We can stay up being horrible and playing 352. We have proved that. I mean, if Sabri can get 20 points from 13 with our midfield and strikers, then fair play.

We have a few players to build around. McGuinness, Ng and Romeo can play at this level in defence. Ralls, Wintle and Rino aren’t terrible but can’t play together. O’Dowda is a good player. Etete needs a partner and the two keepers are poor but they’re not completely horrific. Robinson is going to be key and let’s hope Collins comes back strongly. That’s it. We need to hit on 6/7 signings this summer. We can’t afford to waste money on garbage like Daley-Campbell and Ojo
    We didn't spend for Daley-Campbell or Ojo, but get your point on signing on fees and wages.

We brought in 17 players last summer with some people feeling we'd improved our midfield; pre season was against sides lower down so none were really tested ahead of the season.

I'd advise you not to look on transfermarkt to see the players we have under contract for next season. It doesn't make good reading,

Whoever the manager is, we've got to e cuter and look for more players like McGuinness - players under 25, released from Prem clubs systems that have had numerous loans and thus some experience.

Etete - Davies with Colwill behind might be something that could work. I'm not as enamoured with Robinson as some people are. He's a wide player who can play up front and given his "I'm her for the big games!" comment ahead of the Jacks debacle, not the brightest.

next season will be another battle against relegation.

Is this logic account a parody?

More clueless than logic that’s for sure

That was superb.

Best transfer window ever. Burnley had their transition year and got 100 points. Our recruitment has been a shambles. Midfield is a joke, we have 2 good centre backs, one is a loan, we didn’t get a centre forward until Jan 31st and we still haven’t replaced our left back.

There wasn’t a clue on how to play, on how we get results. Burnley was all pass and move today, the full backs inside and the wingers really wide, but it’s basically a really fluid 442. Under Morison it was a really predictable and static 433, everyone was signed to play in it and it’s been a shitshow ever since.

Thank God this season is over. They’ve got to sign a centre back, centre mid, winger and 2 centre forwards in the summer
    Other than that, we’ll be fine ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    We didn't spend for Daley-Campbell or Ojo, but get your point on signing on fees and wages.

We brought in 17 players last summer with some people feeling we'd improved our midfield; pre season was against sides lower down so none were really tested ahead of the season.

I'd advise you not to look on transfermarkt to see the players we have under contract for next season. It doesn't make good reading,

Whoever the manager is, we've got to e cuter and look for more players like McGuinness - players under 25, released from Prem clubs systems that have had numerous loans and thus some experience.

Etete - Davies with Colwill behind might be something that could work. I'm not as enamoured with Robinson as some people are. He's a wide player who can play up front and given his "I'm her for the big games!" comment ahead of the Jacks debacle, not the brightest.

next season will be another battle against relegation.
    At one point we had about 30 pros. There's about 8 players there chewing up wages. For example, why on Earth is Whyte still at the club? If we signed 17 players, why is Mark Harris a squad regular?

It is a complete mess, and we've now got Sawyers, Simpson, Tanner, Ojo, VDC chewing up wages for another season (and one more after that for VDC). Imagine if we didn't waste money on them and decided to sign Kipre permanently last summer!

In any other season, players like Rino would be viewed as poor signings but the club gets off because they're not as bad as the others and our budget is small. Coventry and Luton are in the playoffs with smaller budgets than ours. The fact we didn't sign a creative player or a centre forward in the summer is frankly unforgivable. Burnley had Ashley Barnes up top for crying out loud, even Kompany uses one.

Everyone at the club deserves a share of the blame for the last 3/4 seasons and unless something drastic changes, we're only heading one way.

I'd agree with this. Maybe Adams too.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I'd agree with this. Maybe Adams too.
    I'd forgot about him, let's hope he comes off!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Guard of honour is a nice touch
    Can't stand all that nonsense

I'd forgot about him, let's hope he comes off!
    He's very much a punt though going from League Two to Championship at what 26? Not even any rea experience at League One level. I'm not expecting anything from him and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Can't stand all that nonsense
    Agreed, we're way too nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Best timing Joe has shown all season, spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Police quick enough to send police horses into a confined space by the cricket club but couldn't stop a pitch invasion by the local kindergarten