+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Game of the Season: Does Lamouchi Play the Kids?

Re: Last Game of the Season: Does Lamouchi Play the Kids?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    If players can see they have a chance of playing first team football here, they may be less likely to leave.
    One went to Man United and one went to Man City, they aren’t going to play first team football. These players are watched from a young age and know they won’t be here if they are any good. Any decent player will get picked up for peanuts and nothing we can do about it.

If players can see they have a chance of playing first team football here, they may be less likely to leave.
    The annoying thing about this country’s academy system, it stinks.

He probably should, but I don't think he will

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    One went to Man United and one went to Man City, they aren’t going to play first team football. These players are watched from a young age and know they won’t be here if they are any good. Any decent player will get picked up for peanuts and nothing we can do about it.
    You're judging every kid with the mentality of "money, money, money".

If a club commits themselves to developing and playing youths, then some talented youths will stay, knowing a potential move can happen later on. Those who go for the money tend to flame out, see Matondo, Calliste et al.

Can’t see the loan signings playing

You're judging every kid with the mentality of "money, money, money".

If a club commits themselves to developing and playing youths, then some talented youths will stay, knowing a potential move can happen later on. Those who go for the money tend to flame out, see Matondo, Calliste et al.
    To be fair, I don't think money is the only consideration with these moves, especially nowadays. You're training at better facilities, with better coaches, better teammates and even playing against better opponents. You'll get the pick of the loan deals (rather than being sent to Torquay or Weston) and of course the money's better. When you add in our hesitance to give young players gametime then it's a no brainer for me

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To be fair, I don't think money is the only consideration with these moves, especially nowadays. You're training at better facilities, with better coaches, better teammates and even playing against better opponents. You'll get the pick of the loan deals (rather than being sent to Torquay or Weston) and of course the money's better. When you add in our hesitance to give young players gametime then it's a no brainer for me
    You can make a living off having been a Prem "starlet", sure. Ojo has made a living from **** all.

Not all kids going to Prem teams benefit, not all have great loan deals.

Again, we show that if you show the talent, you've a chance of making it to the first team, then that's a decent showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He probably should, but I don't think he will
    None of them are 'Kids'

You can make a living off having been a Prem "starlet", sure. Ojo has made a living from **** all.

Not all kids going to Prem teams benefit, not all have great loan deals.

Again, we show that if you show the talent, you've a chance of making it to the first team, then that's a decent showcase.
    Well exactly!

I'm not saying they all do, but the odds are better for you if you're in one of the top academies, training with the best. Look at where we send our youngsters on loan compared to where Man City send theirs.

I agree with your last point, I want more academy products in our first team and the only way to keep them (short of being a PL side), is to show them there's a genuine path to the first team

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    None of them are 'Kids'
    Speak for yourself, young man.

Anyone under 50 is a kid.