+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Official Ashes Thread

Re: Official Ashes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If only Root hadn't dropped that catch. The Aussies would be in huge trouble.
    The first one, yes.
    This is a poor an England fielding side I have seen for a while.
    The mistakes have been regulation catches too.

Aussies throwing the bat at it now, and why not.
    Even if they are bowled out, the current conditions are favouring the bowlers.

Hope Wood gets his five.
    Looks like the natural successor to Anderson.

10mph quicker than anyone else, that’s decent & gets results

Quite a collapse. England have to take advantage of they're going to get back into the series

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The first one, yes.
    This is a poor an England fielding side I have seen for a while.
    The mistakes have been regulation catches too.

Aussies throwing the bat at it now, and why not.
    Even if they are bowled out, the current conditions are favouring the bowlers.

Hope Wood gets his five.
    Looks like the natural successor to Anderson.
    Brilliant from Wood. Hes 33 and unable to play regularly due to injuries. Hes no successor to Anderson though. Totally different option as player.

Ideally one of our express place bowlers would always be available ( Wood , Archer , Stone) but they are all sadly injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Brilliant from Wood. Hes 33 and unable to play regularly due to injuries. Hes no successor to Anderson though. Totally different option as player.

Ideally one of our express place bowlers would always be available ( Wood , Archer , Stone) but they are all sadly injury prone.
    Australia tail couldn’t cope with his searing pace. - if only ….

England close 67-3. Australia could and probably should have been blown away for 150 if it wasnt for the dropped catches.

England need someone to get a big score.

England close 67-3. Australia could and probably should have been blown away for 150 if it wasnt for the dropped catches.

England need someone to get a big score.
    It would be somewhat ironic if Australia had a first innings lead through someone adopting the Bazball strategy while England are being more defensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    So, there is no funding for cricket without the ECB. There is no investment in facilities and the sport dries up.

I've played cricket since I was 7, and the entire time all I wanted to do was play for England. It has never been an issue for me, and every single kid I played with (be it for my club or county) had the same ambition. Cricket is not football, it is a closed shop due to the insane decisions of the ICC (and BCCI). I love cricket, it is a special sport in worse hands than football.

I remember playing an age group final in Aberdare in 2005, we'd finished by the time Giles hit the winning runs and everyone went mental. There were hundreds there, everyone went bonkers. I often see this issue on twitter etc and it is almost always started by people who fundamentally don't like cricket. "Maybe I'd be interested if Wales had a team" etc. Bollocks.
    Nice story which illustrates your point really well.

33. He's only a pup compared to Jimmy mun!

Agree they are different types of bowlers entirely, I meant as their talisman.

England's problem (apart from their awful fielding) is that they don't have a top spinner like Lyon who can hold his end up and give these guys a breather.
    They get over-bowled and end up on the treatment table.

Anderson mind is a freak.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    33. He's only a pup compared to Jimmy mun!

Agree they are different types of bowlers entirely, I meant as their talisman.

England's problem (apart from their awful fielding) is that they don't have a top spinner like Lyon who can hold his end up and give these guys a breather.
    They get over-bowled and end up on the treatment table.

Anderson mind is a freak.
    England's problem this summer (apart from the injury to Leach), is they've been so sloppy. They've done enough to win games and they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Root gone second ball of the day

Root gone already. Great player but hes had a mare this test.

Root gone already. Great player but hes had a mare this test.
    Bairstow has had a nightmare series - gone for 12

Yeah terrible from Bairstow. Wonder if his dismal displays behind the stumps is getting to him.

Yeah terrible from Bairstow. Wonder if his dismal displays behind the stumps is getting to him.
    I think so , been skittish all series , perhaps his injury effects his mobility behind the stumps

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Quite a collapse. England have to take advantage of they're going to get back into the series
    Oh well

If this continues and England are 80 ish behind, they will still fancy themselves to chase 300+ in the 4th innings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If this continues and England are 80 ish behind, they will still fancy themselves to chase 300+ in the 4th innings.
    Based on what?

They've had all the conditions in their favour in all tests so far and have failed.

Catches win matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Based on what?

They've had all the conditions in their favour in all tests so far and have failed.

Catches win matches.
    exactly and picking players that are fit might help

Brilliant from Stokes. Hes given England a chance.

Same old Aussies...always winning!

Bairstow should stick to bullying little protesters!

Love all the salty England fans hating on Cummins, Smith and Carey ! Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Based on what?

Catches win matches.
    Based on them chasing similar totals recently and having no option really if they want to stay in the series.

Looks like this one might have provided an exciting conclusion, but tomorrows rain will produce a draw

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Looks like this one might have provided an exciting conclusion, but tomorrows rain will produce a draw
    There have been 2 days.

The match lasts 5 days.

Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Based on them chasing similar totals recently and having no option really if they want to stay in the series.
    Just not as recently as the last two tests.

I think they'll win if the weather holds out but would take weekend of bad weather to stop them winning.