+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Re: 2023/4 Season Ticket Sales

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats what I would call someone who always thinks he knows better than anyone else. Wouldn't you ?
    It just made me laugh, given the irony of who posted it. You’re on a one man mission to put everyone in their place regarding all aspects of the club. We’ve all been shot down in flames by you if we so much as utter anything slightly detrimental because, as we all know, you know better than anyone else. Although ‘smart’ is certainly an adjective I wouldn’t use about you, there are a few others though

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The deadline for reduced price sales was 5.00pm today. Why would the club release another figure before the deadline has passed, particularly as they released one yesterday ? I would expect one within 24 hours.
    I don't know, and i'm not that bothered really. I was just having a bit of a joke with you

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Ah yeah that would make sense. When (if) the 18k mark is hit they stop sales and keep the rest for walk ups.
    Corky has clarified the following -

There was some confusion here and I believe the chairman misunderstood the question, I think he thought it was a question of how many SHOULD or COULD we sell with the "more good news for City fans coming soon" and he thouight up to 18000 . Clubs cannot or are not allowed to sell all their tiockets to Season ticket sales , otherwise new fans would never be able to attend, Man utd , Liverpool etc sell about 90 percent to Season tickets and the rest for walk up or match day sales etc...even though they have 1000's on waiting lists for ST. We sold well over 20000 season tickets in the Premier leaguer and if we were wanted to and the demand was there we could probably be allowed to sell at least 25000 in the Championship.

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/v...cd99bed670d3c8

We are on just under 13000 but maybe just over this evening...very good going to be fair.we had a terrible season especially at home, and only had a new manager this week.
    There was talk of good news soon from the chairman and hopefully that will boost sales again.
    I have no idea what the good news is, but I definitely feel that there is more optimism amongst our fans this week compared to previous weeks.

If you need any information please get in touch slo@cardiffcityfc.co.uk
    Last edited by corky; 09-06-23 at 19:58. Reason: Additional information

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Corky has clarified the following -

There was some confusion here and I believe the chairman misunderstood the question, I think he thought it was a question of how many SHOULD or COULD we sell with the "more good news for City fans coming soon" and he thouight up to 18000 . Clubs cannot or are not allowed to sell all their tiockets to Season ticket sales , otherwise new fans would never be able to attend, Man utd , Liverpool etc sell about 90 percent to Season tickets and the rest for walk up or match day sales etc...even though they have 1000's on waiting lists for ST. We sold well over 20000 season tickets in the Premier leaguer and if we were wanted to and the demand was there we could probably be allowed to sell at least 25000 in the Championship.

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/v...cd99bed670d3c8
    Isn't it the case that some fans of the major clubs keep season tickets going for years that are actually in the name of deceased relatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Isn't it the case that some fans of the major clubs keep season tickets going for years that are actually in the name of deceased relatives?
    Yup, the biggest problem is when they have to dig them up every Saturday and take them to the ground.

The early bird sales of ~13,000 is good, however, my only gripe here is that the Club need money in as early as possible. The only way to do that is to incentivise fans. People who just wait until the last minute, to see who the club signs , absolutely screws the planning & recruitment, even though ST revenue is the very thing that plays a big part in who the recruitment team can sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

There were a few “dead bodies” on the pitch last season

The early bird sales of ~13,000 is good, however, my only gripe here is that the Club need money in as early as possible. The only way to do that is to incentivise fans. People who just wait until the last minute, to see who the club signs , absolutely screws the planning & recruitment, even though ST revenue is the very thing that plays a big part in who the recruitment team can sign.
    Put them on sale earlier. Problem solved.

~8,700 left on the site. So sales have all but ground to a halt.

Hopefully the board weren’t considering the shirt unveiling as a big announcement that would shift a load of tickets. Doesn’t bode well for any more “big announcements”….

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    ~8,700 left on the site. So sales have all but ground to a halt.

Hopefully the board weren’t considering the shirt unveiling as a big announcement that would shift a load of tickets. Doesn’t bode well for any more “big announcements”….
    We haven't had the big announcement yet have we?

Club have just announced 13,000 plus sold.

They have sold around 180 since the early bird was paused.

So that's going to be about that then

Unless we sign Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Unless we sign Jesus
    I think sales are way ahead compared to last year, I’m optimistic that we could sell 15,000

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Wasn't it said there would be a number of big announcements - Dalman seemed very excited and Choo had to rein him in

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I fcking hope not otherwise the bar has been set very low

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Unless we sign Jesus
    I’d prefer that Mohamed fella from Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Wasn't it said there would be a number of big announcements - Dalman seemed very excited and Choo had to rein him in
    I wouldn't believe a word those two say.

I think sales are way ahead compared to last year, I’m optimistic that we could sell 15,000
    I think we might if we make some good signings

No, that’s wrong, dml said we’d sold 14,000 about ten days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, that’s wrong, dml said we’d sold 14,000 about ten days ago.
    Look, smart arse - if DML says the club has sold 14,000, then the club has sold 14,000, OK? Forget what the club itself says. DML is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Look, smart arse - if DML says the club has sold 14,000, then the club has sold 14,000, OK? Forget what the club itself says. DML is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I like dml, he knows he’s stuff

Good figures that. I really expected a possibly significant reduction on last season

So come on then. How many is ‘over 13000’ ? Is it 13001 ? 13500 ? 13999? Lets be honest, none of you have any idea but it is just as likely to be the latter as it is the other two. The one thing that I know is that most of you were predicting around 10000, if we were lucky, as little as 5-6 weeks ago. Probably because most of you don't go in the first place and have no idea about what actual supporters think or do. Never mind, it will soon be time for the season to start and you will be able to get back to the usual rounds of slagging off the club, manager and team. Unless of course we win a couple of games, as disappointing that thought might be for some of you I know.