+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    To borrow Football Manager terms is Levitt more of a deep lying playmaker and Taylor a ball winning midfielder?
    In my current FM Mobile game, Levitt is viewed is an Advanced Playmaker. My scout notes that he is very rarely injured and has good technique but lacks leadership on the pitch. He is a good passer of the ball and tries killer balls often.

Taylor on the other hand is a Deep Lying Playmaker. The same scout notes that he possesses good endurance and the potential to improve a lot in the future.

I wouldn't usually accommodate having two playmakers in one side but Taylor has the benefit of being left-footed so I will sign them both and see how we get on. Taylor will be the eventual replacement for Joe Ralls. And I've always liked Levitt from the few real-life games I have seen of him, we haven't got anyone with that range of passing though he does go missing sometimes. Plus they're both Welsh of course.
    Last edited by Captain_Sensible; 29-06-23 at 11:12. Reason: Clarify that FM is not real-life

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    In my current FM Mobile game, Levitt is viewed is an Advanced Playmaker. My scout notes that he is very rarely injured and has good technique but lacks leadership on the pitch. He is a good passer of the ball and tries killer balls often.

Taylor on the other hand is a Deep Lying Playmaker. The same scout notes that he possesses good endurance and the potential to improve a lot in the future.

I wouldn't usually accommodate having two playmakers in one side but Taylor has the benefit of being left-footed so I will sign them both and see how we get on. Taylor will be the eventual replacement for Joe Ralls. And I've always liked Levitt from the few real-life games I have seen of him, we haven't got anyone with that range of passing though he does go missing sometimes. Plus they're both Welsh of course.
    Don't disagree with your assessment other than I'm not sure Taylor is left footed. His highlight reels show him taking all his set pieces (which he is very good at) right footed.

He'd have to be a step up on Rinhomota or Sawyers. Although, I'm not sure we can sign him as compensation (a transfer fee) being due. He's under 24, but someone on this forum has suggested that as he wasn't 'produced' by Burton compensation wouldn't be due. Nevertheless there is an article from yesterday which suggests Plymouth have made an offer, which has been rejected, which contradicts the last point.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/pl...fl-midfielder/

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Don't disagree with your assessment other than I'm not sure Taylor is left footed. His highlight reels show him taking all his set pieces (which he is very good at) right footed.

He'd have to be a step up on Rinhomota or Sawyers. Although, I'm not sure we can sign him as compensation (a transfer fee) being due. He's under 24, but someone on this forum has suggested that as he wasn't 'produced' by Burton compensation wouldn't be due. Nevertheless there is an article from yesterday which suggests Plymouth have made an offer, which has been rejected, which contradicts the last point.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/pl...fl-midfielder/
    Confirmation that there is another form of compensation which applies to players twenty four or under from lower divisions who turn down a contract offer from their parent club

https://www.leathesprior.co.uk/news/...r-24-a-mystery

Seems fair enough to me, but it's a blow to City because that was a market I was hoping we could exploit.