+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Collins is coming back off a serious injury; still have the pace for LWB rather than LCD?
    O'Dowda can play there sure but we lose something going forward.
    Simpson? Backup central defender, LB? Please god no.
    Ralls? Ehhhhh.... at a pinch, sure.

Bagan? If we offer a new contract, having been frozen out and the likes of Simpson et al used, do you seriously think he'd want to stay here? Better off dropping a division and actually playing.

Or "stocked" LB spot has one LB coming off a serious injury and people who at a inch can fill in but aren't naturals at the position. That is literally the antonym of "stocked".

We need another LB to come in.
    Collins, O'Dowda, Bagan. Simpson & Ralls at a push. Could we do with someone? Sure, but there are more pressing worries.

We have 3 centre backs going into next season in McGuinness, Ng & Simpson. We have 2 who can play right wing back (Romeo and Ng), that needs work before we look at the left side of defence. An injury to Romeo and all of a sudden we need to change the whole defensive shape (I very much doubt Lamouchi would play Campbell), the same isn't true of the left flank. Centre back and right back should be more of a priority

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Collins, O'Dowda, Bagan. Simpson & Ralls at a push. Could we do with someone? Sure, but there are more pressing worries.

We have 3 centre backs going into next season in McGuinness, Ng & Simpson. We have 2 who can play right wing back (Romeo and Ng), that needs work before we look at the left side of defence. An injury to Romeo and all of a sudden we need to change the whole defensive shape (I very much doubt Lamouchi would play Campbell), the same isn't true of the left flank. Centre back and right back should be more of a priority
    McGuinness, Ng, Simpson, Denham with possibly Benjamin also as backup not to mention Collins. Could play 3 or 2.

RWB? As you say, Romeo, Ng. Maybe at a pinch Semenyo.

LB is Collins and then take one of our best attackers out of the equation.

I prefer to get my best players on the pitch, I'd have Ng-McGuinness-Collins at the back with Romeo and O'Dowda as wingbacks, O'Dowda focusing more on getting forward, so at times Romeo slots back and Collins across to the LB role to cover.

I'd say midfield and attack is a higher priority due to our lack of goals.

I've heard we're going to sign Rhys Weston from Arsenal and Graham Kavanagh and Peter Thorne from Stoke for millions.

Nathan Redmond who’s contract ends at besiktas this season is on Erol Bulut list of free agents to sign for Cardiff as he is looking for a return back to England

Ramsey odds are very short indeed ,season tickets going well ,educations places being taken up in Cardiff ,something Nice is happening but not for Nice