+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Let the fun begin, from Glen Williams on Twitter:

"Cardiff are in again for Joe Bryan (along with a number of other Champ clubs) h/t @piercy360

He is someone who’s been on Cardiff’s radar in every window recently and is certainly on a list of LBs they like.

Need to sort the manager out before anything can be done, though.
    "

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/deta...suche/42217986

there you go.

Knight from Derby?

Rhys Healey?

Matty Longstaff?

Joe Bryan's a lifelong Bristol City fan. Can't see that one happening.

I can see some under the radar European signings. Surely Sabri's got contacts the last 2 managers can only dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/deta...suche/42217986

there you go.

Knight from Derby?

Rhys Healey?

Matty Longstaff?
    Ollie McBurnie anyone ?

At least we know we'll solely be shopping in the 'out of contract' market which will help to dispell most these transfer rumours.

Just a quick scan of the contracts expiring section of transfermrkt shows quite a few potentials and probably more value than paying fees currently

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    At least we know we'll solely be shopping in the 'out of contract' market which will help to dispell most these transfer rumours.

Just a quick scan of the contracts expiring section of transfermrkt shows quite a few potentials and probably more value than paying fees currently
    "Shopping" isn't the right word... we're not allowed to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I don't think we have any anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Joe Bryan's a lifelong Bristol City fan. Can't see that one happening.
    So what?

Jamie Carragher was a childhood Everton fan,and there are many other examples of players who played for clubs who were fierce rivals of those they had supported before becoming professionals

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Queuing at the food bank?

We're pretty stocked at left back, there are other areas that need attention before we consider left backs

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    So what?

Jamie Carragher was a childhood Everton fan,and there are many other examples of players who played for clubs who were fierce rivals of those they had supported before becoming professionals
    True, but I'm pretty sure he hates us with a passion.

We will need a centre back, and a target man as main priorities - we seem to be doing better with the loan system than with permanent signings recently, although we do occasionally get messed around like with Giles and Hugill

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I can see some under the radar European signings. Surely Sabri's got contacts the last 2 managers can only dream of.
    Not sure Brexit will let that happen. Although i understand they are looking at relaxing the rules

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We're pretty stocked at left back, there are other areas that need attention before we consider left backs
    Injured Collins, O'Dowda and Simpson?

I wouldn't call that "pretty stocked".

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post

O'dowda + collins first choice options

Simpson and Ralls (if LWB) cover if needed

Bagan as well if they offer him another contract.

There are far more urgent positons to fill

Portsmouth keen on signing Cardiff winger Gavin Whyte. Pompey boss John Mousinho hopes relationship with old teammate can lure him to Fratton Park. Northern Irishman eyed by other League One clubs including ex-club Oxford United #Pompey #portsmouth #OUFC #Oxford #cardiffciity

Your dead right. I know for a fact that O'Dowda only does it to help out. Waste of a good winger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    O'dowda + collins first choice options

Simpson and Ralls (if LWB) cover if needed

Bagan as well if they offer him another contract.

There are far more urgent positons to fill
    Collins is coming back off a serious injury; still have the pace for LWB rather than LCD?
    O'Dowda can play there sure but we lose something going forward.
    Simpson? Backup central defender, LB? Please god no.
    Ralls? Ehhhhh.... at a pinch, sure.

Bagan? If we offer a new contract, having been frozen out and the likes of Simpson et al used, do you seriously think he'd want to stay here? Better off dropping a division and actually playing.

Or "stocked" LB spot has one LB coming off a serious injury and people who at a inch can fill in but aren't naturals at the position. That is literally the antonym of "stocked".

We need another LB to come in.

Collins is coming back off a serious injury; still have the pace for LWB rather than LCD?
    O'Dowda can play there sure but we lose something going forward.
    Simpson? Backup central defender, LB? Please god no.
    Ralls? Ehhhhh.... at a pinch, sure.

Bagan? If we offer a new contract, having been frozen out and the likes of Simpson et al used, do you seriously think he'd want to stay here? Better off dropping a division and actually playing.

Or "stocked" LB spot has one LB coming off a serious injury and people who at a inch can fill in but aren't naturals at the position. That is literally the antonym of "stocked".

We need another LB to come in.
    Collins, O'Dowda, Bagan. Simpson & Ralls at a push. Could we do with someone? Sure, but there are more pressing worries.

We have 3 centre backs going into next season in McGuinness, Ng & Simpson. We have 2 who can play right wing back (Romeo and Ng), that needs work before we look at the left side of defence. An injury to Romeo and all of a sudden we need to change the whole defensive shape (I very much doubt Lamouchi would play Campbell), the same isn't true of the left flank. Centre back and right back should be more of a priority

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Collins, O'Dowda, Bagan. Simpson & Ralls at a push. Could we do with someone? Sure, but there are more pressing worries.

We have 3 centre backs going into next season in McGuinness, Ng & Simpson. We have 2 who can play right wing back (Romeo and Ng), that needs work before we look at the left side of defence. An injury to Romeo and all of a sudden we need to change the whole defensive shape (I very much doubt Lamouchi would play Campbell), the same isn't true of the left flank. Centre back and right back should be more of a priority
    McGuinness, Ng, Simpson, Denham with possibly Benjamin also as backup not to mention Collins. Could play 3 or 2.

RWB? As you say, Romeo, Ng. Maybe at a pinch Semenyo.

LB is Collins and then take one of our best attackers out of the equation.

I prefer to get my best players on the pitch, I'd have Ng-McGuinness-Collins at the back with Romeo and O'Dowda as wingbacks, O'Dowda focusing more on getting forward, so at times Romeo slots back and Collins across to the LB role to cover.

I'd say midfield and attack is a higher priority due to our lack of goals.

We need players all over the pitch. From goalkeeper to striker. All positions and clearing out as many as possible.

I doubt we will get Bryan but hes a major upgrade on what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We need players all over the pitch. From goalkeeper to striker. All positions and clearing out as many as possible.

I doubt we will get Bryan but hes a major upgrade on what we have.
    we won't be clearing out as many as possible

Hope it’s not too much of a clear out, they’ll be asking us to dust our boots off. How are we going to replace any players that we bin? Lamouchi, or whoever’s boss, will have some job wheeling & dealing in our circumstances and, as been mentioned, what’s the situation with bringing in EU nationals given the our wonderful country’s ridiculous Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hope it’s not too much of a clear out, they’ll be asking us to dust our boots off. How are we going to replace any players that we bin? Lamouchi, or whoever’s boss, will have some job wheeling & dealing in our circumstances and, as been mentioned, what’s the situation with bringing in EU nationals given the our wonderful country’s ridiculous Brexit?
    Permit system as for non-EU players afaik.