+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we won't be clearing out as many as possible
    I think the point is that we could do, but it would cost us a lot in paying up people's contracts (pretty sure the embargo lets us do that), but that strikes me as self defeating. Regarding Joe Bryan, I'd say our chances of signing him are slim to nil and I wouldn't bother with him anyway when we've got Collins to come back - getting a replacement for Kipre is the priority for me when it comes to defensive areas. We've got the makings of a decent Championship standard midfield, but our versions of box to box players carry little or no goal threat.

We clearly need a striker and I'd want to see O'Dowda being used more as winger, but, even then, we'd still need another winger because, without Philogene, I don't see anyone who is of the standard required in that position. Two other things I'd be prioritising through the summer is trying to get contracts sorted out with some members of the squad whose deals run out next year and making more use of players such as Colwill, Davies, Bagan (if he stays) and Denham- all of whom have a fair amount of Championship experience where they could hardly be termed disasters.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think the point is that we could do, but it would cost us a lot in paying up people's contracts (pretty sure the embargo lets us do that), but that strikes me as self defeating. Regarding Joe Bryan, I'd say our chances of signing him are slim to nil and I wouldn't bother with him anyway when we've got Collins to come back - getting a replacement for Kipre is the priority for me when it comes to defensive areas. We've got the makings of a decent Championship standard midfield, but our versions of box to box players carry little or no goal threat.

We clearly need a striker and I'd want to see O'Dowda being used more as winger, but, even then, we'd still need another winger because, without Philogene, I don't see anyone who is of the standard required in that position. Two other things I'd be prioritising through the summer is trying to get contracts sorted out with some members of the squad whose deals run out next year and making more use of players such as Colwill, Davies, Bagan (if he stays) and Denham- all of whom have a fair amount of Championship experience where they could hardly be termed disasters.
    Happens every year on the ‘keep sell loan’ polls that come out and the majority rule that we should only keep enough players for a 5 a side team.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Happens every year on the ‘keep sell loan’ polls that come out and the majority rule that we should only keep enough players for a 5 a side team.
    In fairness, given the players we've had since we came down, I can't say I argue with the poll results