+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You don't honestly believe that a player only capable of commanding a salary of just £5,000 a week in the Championship, is going to earn £500,000 in Saudi Arabia?
    Of course not but I do suggest that the salary available in Saudi is substantially more than available at City and seems to be the governing factors for many of those moving to Saudi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    loads of other out of contract players who are also not going to be joining us as well...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/deta...suche/43946839
    I was just suggesting an out of contract midfielder, Davies is hardly a megastar either, I'd be surprised if he ended up higher than the Championship

Re: BaRkLEy

It was discussed on here yesterday in the summer transfers thread

Yeah it’s was all over twitter yeaterday, probably guessing because of the plan route.

Would be an interesting one if he did sign.

Barklay the Bluebird on Twitter? Sounds apt.

Would be quality in the championship - wasn't long ago he was in the England setup.

strange one though, I'm sure he will get plenty of offers, and we've got bigger prioroties to strengthen

International

Would be quality in the championship - wasn't long ago he was in the England setup.

strange one though, I'm sure he will get plenty of offers, and we've got bigger prioroties to strengthen
    Surely not?

If so that would be a Rambo influence.

Our midfield was noticeably weaker once Ralls went off injured, we need better than the likes of Rinomhota and Adams if we want to improve and if a player of Barkley's quality is available and willing to join then we should be looking to bring them in

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Our midfield was noticeably weaker once Ralls went off injured, we need better than the likes of Rinomhota and Adams if we want to improve and if a player of Barkley's quality is available and willing to join then we should be looking to bring them in
    Barkley had all the makings of a world class midfielder and didn't live up anywhere near his potential.

No way is he coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    he's more of an attacking player though isn't he?

Barclay would fit the he’s had an offer from Saudi half of this rumour perfectly, it’s the it’s us or Saudi bit that I struggle with. I know Barclay’s career has hit the skids in recent years, but he’s still only twenty nine, so it seems incredible that only a Championship club which stayed up by the skin of their teeth would be the only domestic club interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Barclay would fit the he’s had an offer from Saudi half of this rumour perfectly, it’s the it’s us or Saudi bit that I struggle with. I know Barclay’s career has hit the skids in recent years, but he’s still only twenty nine, so it seems incredible that only a Championship club which stayed up by the skin of their teeth would be the only domestic club interested in him.
    Barclay Bob ? Maybe we'll sign Nat West and Ally Facks too. Only joking mate.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, but how do you explain the plane ? Hmmm.....

I could never understand how Barkley never made it to the very top. His balance, movement on the ball, ability to strike a dead ball was exceptional. I can only think that even though he had talent and natural athleticism in abundance, he lacked the application and single-mindedness to take his game to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    A private plane today has flown from Nice, to Cardiff, to Bournemouth. Twitter gone crazy on speculating: If it comes back to Cardiff could it be Barkley and Moore?
    Not until they transfer to a helicopter and land on Howells School playing fields..

Giles leaving Wolves, wonder where he will end up.

Edit - he’s going to Luton.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Isn't Dalman based in Monaco? If so, his local airport would be Nice.
    Barkley was also released by OCS Nice a month ago so I would be surprised if he was still in Nice.
    Maybe Dalman is flying back to sort out the Moore deal.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Barkley had all the makings of a world class midfielder and didn't live up anywhere near his potential.

No way is he coming here.
    I agree completely, I'd be shocked if he's the person we've offered a contract too

That's why I mentioned Tom Davies, he seems a more realistic choice

he's more of an attacking player though isn't he?
    He was always at his best in a deeper role, had the athleticism needed to burst from midfield and dominate in there, not really a "10" though he did play there also

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Did ‘Tattoo’ spot it first?

West Brom fans on twitter linking themselves with Sory Kaba and / or Kieffer Moore

Chidera Ejuke is set to sign for Belgian champions Royal Antwerp

Ross Barkley linked with Everton