+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

would he be described as a real leader? sounds like he will be on a first name basis with our physio if he comes here

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I physically grimaced at that one
    I admit, I’m not proud

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    "I'm told Bulut has an international defender lined up who stands at 6ft 4in and is a real leader" - Paul Abbandonato

Get the measuring tape out, how tall is Gustavo Henrique?
    “I’m told”. i.e. I read forums and message boards and speculate like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    “I’m told”. i.e. I read forums and message boards and speculate like everyone else
    Yeh and I hate how ambiguous he is too, stringing people along for extra clicks.

He goes on to say:

"Understand the concern (about no signings so far), but think they have a few reasonably advanced Alex - including, hopefully, one exceptional one. Just need to go through the process and get them over the line"

An "exceptional" signing that may or may not happen. Talk about hedging your bets. Either Dalman fed you the exceptional line and you're just regurgitating it or you know we're signing a top player and instead of mentioning a position or anything else of value, you just say "exceptional".

International

There must be a lot of work going on behind the scenes but the only whispers are Rambo and Gustavo the Giant, and the Beanstalk.

hopefully they are both from Reading

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    There must be a lot of work going on behind the scenes but the only whispers are Rambo and Gustavo the Giant, and the Beanstalk.
    To be fair, the club don't seem to be as leaky as they were previously. Bulut wasn't mentioned at all until about an hour before the announcement, so a lack of rumours doesn't mean they aren't working on things

A lot of links seem to manufactured by agents, Norman and Rodrigues for instance using our name to get better deals at lower levels

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    hopefully they are both from Reading
    Similar player available and 5 years younger.

Nathan Redmond`s contract at Fernebache ends this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Similar player available and 5 years younger.

Nathan Redmond`s contract at Fernebache ends this week.

Now i will try and get this right. He is at Besiktas at present.

Fits the bill of the rumour of signing an ex England international, is 5 years younger than another rumoured signing (Theo Walcott), would come far cheaper in salary terms and made a decent contribution to his side last season with over 20 appearances and 6 goals( plus assists)

Just a suggestion

Throwing another name out there to get the juices flowing.

Leonardo Campana - striker on loan from Inter Miami.

Throwing another name out there to get the juices flowing.

Leonardo Campana - striker on loan from Inter Miami.
    He just joined miami in January, having been on loan there from Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He just joined miami in January, having been on loan there from Wolves
    Yep. Coming off a nasty injury. Fits the bill.

I know very little about football so I'd love to know - who would be the better signing Dylan Levitt or Terry Taylor?

I know very little about football so I'd love to know - who would be the better signing Dylan Levitt or Terry Taylor?
    Both different players. I know two Dundee United fans and they both say, while they are terrible, Levitt absolutely isn’t. I don’t see how there’s any truth to this though, we can’t spend any money!

To borrow Football Manager terms is Levitt more of a deep lying playmaker and Taylor a ball winning midfielder?

To borrow Football Manager terms is Levitt more of a deep lying playmaker and Taylor a ball winning midfielder?
    In my current FM Mobile game, Levitt is viewed is an Advanced Playmaker. My scout notes that he is very rarely injured and has good technique but lacks leadership on the pitch. He is a good passer of the ball and tries killer balls often.

Taylor on the other hand is a Deep Lying Playmaker. The same scout notes that he possesses good endurance and the potential to improve a lot in the future.

I wouldn't usually accommodate having two playmakers in one side but Taylor has the benefit of being left-footed so I will sign them both and see how we get on. Taylor will be the eventual replacement for Joe Ralls. And I've always liked Levitt from the few real-life games I have seen of him, we haven't got anyone with that range of passing though he does go missing sometimes. Plus they're both Welsh of course.
    Last edited by Captain_Sensible; 29-06-23 at 11:12. Reason: Clarify that FM is not real-life

Taylor's more of a defensive player, Levitt has great technique, passing etc but is a little slight

Contracts run out today, disappointing that we still don’t know the identity of any of our new players - if we don’t hear anything in the next day or two, I think it might be time to start wondering if the club do.

Ramsey and Redmond announced before the Penybont game please or we riot.

Ramsey and Redmond announced before the Penybont game please or we riot.
    Maybe we should follow in the footsteps of our French brethren?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQlQMxG14Fg

Rambo teasing us again? His Instagram showing a pic of the Vale with the words “Todays Office”

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Rambo teasing us again? His Instagram showing a pic of the Vale with the words “Todays Office”
    "Welcome to LAFC, Aaron Ramsey"