+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They've also got a smaller budget than us..
    We get a bigger budget because we host the Welsh language forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lucas Joao. What can I say?
    I just don’t know.
    At his best he is sublime. At his worst absolutely shocking and looks totally disinterested.
    He decided to go on holiday before the final game of the season and his Reading career which infuriated me.
    Capable of sublime goals. Capable of missing open goals from a few yards out.
    He did have an excellent goals scored per game ratio for us although the goals dried up this season.

Worth a punt on a free but he will frustrate as much as delight.
    We are in desperate need for a proper centre forward to lead the line, I'd say it's more important to our coming season than whichever chump we get to do the managers job, and if there's a championship quality striker, potentially available without a transfer fee then you'd hope that we are all over it.

in the last 2 seasons the arrivals of Hughil, Kaba and even Ikpeazu have made a real difference to our attacking capabilities and we aren't exactly talking about world beaters with those players.

such an important position for us to fill, and there are only going to be so many available on. a free or loan

Jack Colback is being released by Forest.

33 but could add a bit of bite

Blackburn have released Bradley Dack. Apparently he wants regular football, which I'm sure we could offer, but also to maintain his wages, which might be an issue. No idea what he's on but clearly more than Blackburn want to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Blackburn have released Bradley Dack. Apparently he wants regular football, which I'm sure we could offer, but also to maintain his wages, which might be an issue. No idea what he's on but clearly more than Blackburn want to offer.
    Surprised he struggled to get in the team there. Saw on Wikipedia that he had 33 appearances but only 12 starts. Thought he was better than that and exactly the kind of player we should be going in for if we were serious about getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Surprised he struggled to get in the team there. Saw on Wikipedia that he had 33 appearances but only 12 starts. Thought he was better than that and exactly the kind of player we should be going in for if we were serious about getting better.

Wasn’t he coming back from a serious injury

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wasn’t he coming back from a serious injury
    Yes, missed the best part of two seasons I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, missed the best part of two seasons I believe.
    Should fit right in!

As it seems compulsory that we have to sign at least one Bristol City player every summer, what about Jay DeSilva who has just been released by them? Wages might be an issue mind.

As it seems compulsory that we have to sign at least one Bristol City player every summer, what about Jay DeSilva who has just been released by them? Wages might be an issue mind.
    Isn't he Welsh qualified?

Very similar to O'Dowda. More of a wing back than a full back. I do have high hopes for Tom Davies, if he works on his defensive game he should get some 1st team game time next season. Depending on our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Isn't he Welsh qualified?

Very similar to O'Dowda. More of a wing back than a full back. I do have high hopes for Tom Davies, if he works on his defensive game he should get some 1st team game time next season. Depending on our manager.
    Yes, I think he is - I'd say left back/wing back is a low priority position for us if Collins comes back anything like the player he was looking like before his injury. I'd prefer to try and rely on Bagan signing a new contract with O'Dowda there as well to help out.

Can't help thinking that Tom Davies should be going to better than Pontypridd on loan at the age of nineteen

It's not a proper transfer window unless we sign someone from Bristol City!
    A couple of years ago I'd have said that was a decent signing, but I don't think he's going to be missed much by the Bristol City fans. Mind you, I said that about O'Dowda too.
    (He looks set to be replaced by Joe Bryan at Ashton Gate.)

A couple of years ago I'd have said that was a decent signing, but I don't think he's going to be missed much by the Bristol City fans. Mind you, I said that about O'Dowda too.
    Do you think he was much missed by Bristol? Three goals, three assists in 39 appearances, hardly pulled up any trees.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you think he was much missed by Bristol? Three goals, three assists in 39 appearances, hardly pulled up any trees.
    I think his stats might have been better if he'd stayed playing in more of an attacking role rather than covering at full back/wing back. Still one of our better players last season I would say (though that's not saying a lot).

I think his stats might have been better if he'd stayed playing in more of an attacking role rather than covering at full back/wing back. Still one of our better players last season I would say (though that's not saying a lot).
    That's the thing. I thought he looked nothing more than an average Championship performer for most of the campaign. He had a few decent games for sure, but plenty of really ordinary ones too. It soon became apparent why Bristol City were happy to release him.

His scoring record at this level tells its own story:

2016/17 - 0 goals
    2017/18 - 1 goal
    2018/19 - 4 goals
    2019/20 - 1 goal
    2020/21 - 1 goal
    2021/22 - 1 goal
    2022/23 - 3 goals

A player with his natural ability should do better, but he's inconsistent and a bit fragile.

O’Dowda felt like one of those players that started fairly well and got worse throughout the season. Wintle was another. Philogene was the opposite. Ojo was shit from beginning to end.

O’Dowda felt like one of those players that started fairly well and got worse throughout the season. Wintle was another. Philogene was the opposite. Ojo was shit from beginning to end.
    Pretty accurate summary

Ojo was the same player he was last time, he just played with better players in 20/21. It is mental we resigned him. He was god awful for Millwall and has carried on the same way. His confidence has melted away

Can't help thinking that Tom Davies should be going to better than Pontypridd on loan at the age of nineteen
    Agreed, I think they believed he needed toughening up. I'd agree with that, he's got the lot but can be passive defensively. The reports from Ponty were that he got injured he was a class above.

It will be interesting to see if Joe Keeping gets a pro contract, especially with Giles and Beecher coming through

Tayo Edun, a young left back at Blackburn, linked with Cardiff, Charlton and a Portugese club.

We supposedly tried to sign him on loan at the last minute in the January window!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...rn-rovers-man/

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Tayo Edun, a young left back at Blackburn, linked with Cardiff, Charlton and a Portugese club.

We supposedly tried to sign him on loan at the last minute in the January window!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...rn-rovers-man/
    I'd hope that was a case of needs must and we won't be back in for him again. Although this is Cardiff City...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd hope that was a case of needs must and we won't be back in for him again. Although this is Cardiff City...
    Would be in keeping with last summer to bring in a (at best) bang average player in his mid 20s to take opportunities from younger players

Today's new name is Jesurun Rak-Sakyi, a 20 year old Crystal Palace winger who spent last season on loan at Charlton - 15 goals in 43 appearances and won their Player of the Year award.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...lace-attacker/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ummer-26988096

All hail the Transfer Committee! Getting those League One signings in, nice and early.

All hail the Transfer Committee! Getting those League One signings in, nice and early.
    we can't pay a fee for anyone, if we manage to get someone like that in we will be doing pretty well IMO.