+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we can't pay a fee for anyone, if we manage to get someone like that in we will be doing pretty well IMO.
    I know, I know. I'm just becoming increasingly pessimistic. I don't even know the first thing about football outside of City hence why I wanted us to go after Bradley Dack even though he's been injured for two years.

I'm at the point where I just want a slither of hope to stem from the club. Bit dramatic. But it's been very very shit recently.

Here's the latest of those "all championship free agents available" articles. A few well known names on there. https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport...t-brom-4157256

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Here's the latest of those "all championship free agents available" articles. A few well known names on there. https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport...t-brom-4157256
    Of little interest until we appoint a manager

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    "Here's what you could've won" as Jim Bowen used to say!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I'm not sure that's true any more

If I was a player with a few options, I'm not going to pick the club that doesn't have a manager yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If I was a player with a few options, I'm not going to pick the club that doesn't have a manager yet!
    And a favourite for relegation.

Peterborough have announced that Jonson Clarke-Harris is up for sale. 69 goals in 132 appearances. 12 from 41 the last time he was in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Peterborough have announced that Jonson Clarke-Harris is up for sale. 69 goals in 132 appearances. 12 from 41 the last times he was in the Championship.
    Shame we can’t spend any bloody money as he’d be good for us.

Not sure why we're looking at right back when we have the forever reliable Vontae Daley-Campbell.

Not that Tan would get his wallet out but I wonder if a loan with a future agreed mandatory fee would get around the embargo.

Always looked out of his depth in the Championship for me, 5 of his 12 for Posh were penalties. He'll be 29 by the start of the season and likely looking for a bid pay day, the kind of signing we should avoid imo (if we could still pay fees that is)

It'll matter to any incoming player I would imagine. I don't buy into the crap about players coming here for Morison or whatever, at the end of the day money talks, but our present situation is hardly enticing. Players would want assurances about playing time.

Troy Deeney, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Always looked out of his depth in the Championship for me, 5 of his 12 for Posh were penalties. He'll be 29 by the start of the season and likely looking for a bid pay day, the kind of signing we should avoid imo (if we could still pay fees that is)
    We absolutely shouldn’t pay big money for him! Not that we could. He absolutely bossed us at London Road.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It'll matter to any incoming player I would imagine. I don't buy into the crap about players coming here for Morison or whatever, at the end of the day money talks, but our present situation is hardly enticing. Players would want assurances about playing time.
    And the style of play, what they’re doing etc. If you’re a winger and the new manager comes in and wants to play 352, you’re going to feel a bit hard done by!

Linked today with Notts County winger/wingback Aaron Nemane (11.05 post in this link) https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rpool-30033749

Linked today with Notts County winger/wingback Aaron Nemane (11.05 post in this link) https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rpool-30033749
    I've got to say, these rumours don't fill me with confidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Troy Deeney, anyone?
    From what I've seen of him he looks a spent force and can't do 90mins anymore.

The name of the day is Aaron Nemane, a 25 year old from Notts County. He is either a winger or a defender, depending on which 'report' you choose to believe. My best guess is winger!

He started life (probably not literally - but who knows?) in the Manchester City Academy before spells at Rangers, in the Netherlands, in Belgium, and Torquay. He joined Notts County in 2021.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...winger-4161012

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/po...-old-defender/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...inked-27009696

We are supposed to be in a tussle with Pompey for him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As it seems compulsory that we have to sign at least one Bristol City player every summer, what about Jay DeSilva who has just been released by them? Wages might be an issue mind.
    Now signed by Coventry, and Blackburn have signed Niall Ennis from Plymouth (14 goals in league one last season).
    The free transfers are starting to get snapped up.

Now signed by Coventry, and Blackburn have signed Niall Ennis from Plymouth (14 goals in league one last season).
    The free transfers are starting to get snapped up.
    they're cheating though, they've already got a manager

they're cheating though, they've already got a manager
    Good point