+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Re: Transfer Rumours | Summer 2023

Leandro is back on the market!

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/s...r-short-spell/

Assombalonga released as well. Recall he had a couple of seasons in Turkey which is more than enough to start a rumour!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That account knows nothing, just keeps posting stuff and taking it down. According to them Nathan Jones, Oscar Garcia and Alexander Blessin were all set to become our manager
    I thought there might be a chance Ramsey would have a lobotomy and sign for us, not now

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That account knows nothing, just keeps posting stuff and taking it down. According to them Nathan Jones, Oscar Garcia and Alexander Blessin were all set to become our manager
    Yeah, it was pointed out to me when I posted something about Nathan Jones I think it was from there a couple of weeks ago - as someone said a long time ago, I won’t get fooled again.

I keep seeing Cameron Norman's name thrown around. I don't know much about him (or anyone really) but a two time Newport County Player of the Year might be good for depth in defence?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I keep seeing Cameron Norman's name thrown around. I don't know much about him (or anyone really) but a two time Newport County Player of the Year might be good for depth in defence?
    Think City denied any interest in him a few weeks ago but I suppose they would say that wouldn’t they.

Do we sign someone before the end of next week?

Anyone you fancy out of this lot?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...d-far-27097986

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brereton-Diaz please........no chance

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Todd Kane and Enda Stevens? There some "big" names which will be interesting to see where they end up

saw someone linking Enner Valencia on twitter, seems unlikely though

I see Luke Jephcott has been released by Plymouth, seem to recall us being linked with him a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    I see Luke Jephcott has been released by Plymouth, seem to recall us being linked with him a few years ago.
    A weird one that. His goalscoring record for Plymouth at League 1 level was good/decent, especially for such a young player.

2019/20: 7 in 14
    2020/21: 18 in 46
    2021/22: 11 in 43

Then for some reason he spent last season on loan at Swindon in L2.

Not sure what happened there.

Bradley Dack if he can stay fit, Luke Amos would improve our midfield. I'm not so up on defenders but I'm sure there are some in there who would strengthen our back line.

As others have mentioned Dillon Phillips is much better than the two we ended last season with.

Always liked Lowton, but I see he’s 33 - where do the years go?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    A weird one that. His goalscoring record for Plymouth at League 1 level was good/decent, especially for such a young player.

2019/20: 7 in 14
    2020/21: 18 in 46
    2021/22: 11 in 43

Then for some reason he spent last season on loan at Swindon in L2.

Not sure what happened there.
    Doesn’t his falling down the rankings at Plymouth coincidence almost exactly with Schumacher’s appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Bradley Dack if he can stay fit, Luke Amos would improve our midfield. I'm not so up on defenders but I'm sure there are some in there who would strengthen our back line.

As others have mentioned Dillon Phillips is much better than the two we ended last season with.
    Surely there is better than Phillips available though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Surely there is better than Phillips available though.
    for free? when we have 2 senior goalkeepers already on the wage bill?

Just had a listen to the Second Tier podcast where they were rating some of the players given frees by Championship clubs, they said that they wouldn’t bother with BradleyDack, but rated this guy highly- can’t say the name means much to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tariqe_Fosu

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    for free? when we have 2 senior goalkeepers already on the wage bill?
    I’m not sure your point? You think giving Philips a new contract is a good idea and starting the season with those 3 keepers who are all very average at best.

We need a new keeper no doubt about it but I don’t think adding Phillips would make us much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m not sure your point? You think giving Philips a new contract is a good idea and starting the season with those 3 keepers who are all very average at best.

We need a new keeper no doubt about it but I don’t think adding Phillips would make us much stronger.
    no I wasn't suggesting we give Phillips a new contract at all

Bradley Dack was highly regarded a few years back but his recognition as such has stalled in recent years. I reckon he is worth a go even though he is 29 years of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Bradley Dack was highly regarded a few years back but his recognition as such has stalled in recent years. I reckon he is worth a go even though he is 29 years of age.
    Hes had some bad injuries to be fair.

Dalman's renewed enthusiasm suggests that at some point we might start properly investing in the squad. Given we have another year to wait for that there seems little point in "bolstering" the squad with cast-offs when we might have another large scale renewal in 2024 and they'll be surplus to requirements. We could offer them a year but it's doubtful they'd take it and most of the names available don't seem worth much more.

In other probably fictional news, a Leicester website reckons they're looking at Ng.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no I wasn't suggesting we give Phillips a new contract at all
    Sorry I’m not sure what you meant then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Dalman's renewed enthusiasm suggests that at some point we might start properly investing in the squad. Given we have another year to wait for that there seems little point in "bolstering" the squad with cast-offs when we might have another large scale renewal in 2024 and they'll be surplus to requirements. We could offer them a year but it's doubtful they'd take it and most of the names available don't seem worth much more.

In other probably fictional news, a Leicester website reckons they're looking at Ng.
    https://twitter.com/foxesnews/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg