+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Medieval pantomime a right embarrassment on the world stage

Re: Medieval pantomime a right embarrassment on the world stage

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Hit the nail squarely on the head. Ignorance is bliss they say.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We really do need a forelock tugger emoji.
    I think for some bankers (as Warnock would say) on here we need a foreskin tugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    What I'm implying is that people are free to have their own views and opinions.
    Yeah, that's what i said that you said

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, that's what i said that you said
    I'm wondering if that extends to drug dealers, rapists, terrorists and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm wondering if that extends to drug dealers, rapists, terrorists and the like?
    What's wrong with drug dealers? Someone needs to service the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    What's wrong with drug dealers? Someone needs to service the market.
    Have you seen their mark up on Heroin? It's outrageous!

Fair play, there some right miserable/horrible people on this message board.

For those who looked on in disbelief and horror as the Russian police arrested anti war protestors for holding up a blank piece of paper, well look on in disbelief and horror as the British police do the same. Not only a quiet and polite protestor arrested but a reported for filming it. Makes me ashamed. https://twitter.com/richfelgate/stat...ZQyp-iO2wYo4Kg

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Why ?
    Well, for a start, it would cut dml’s typing time almost completely if all he needed to do was send messages with a single emoji on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled of Llanishen View Post
    Unfortunately so. They will be gutted the weather is nice for all these community events today 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Have you seen their mark up on Heroin? It's outrageous!
    No but MDMA is at an all time low.

Munch munch.

You’re unlikely to be in the minority outside of this message board. I watched some of it ,not my thing but the wife really enjoyed the bits that she watched and is looking forward to the concert tonight.
    As is always the case, this Royal event was watched by a minority (a pretty substantial one as well) of the UK’s population.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-of-20-million

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As is always the case, this Royal event was watched by a minority (a pretty substantial one as well) of the UK’s population.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-of-20-million
    20 million is pretty good , and I know loads who didn’t watch it but they still respect other people’s choices. My local community put a fair bit of effort in and it was well received with local councillors in attendance as well. A fair bit was raised for charitable causes too.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    If course they do. People can moan about what they like. It's more powerfully done by making a positive case rather than slagging people off, hoping community events are rained off and biking anthems etc.

There is nothing whatsoever stopping any party from standing on a platform of a referendum on the monarchy. Why don't you start one?
    Are you aware that Members of both houses of Parliament are obliged to swear an oath of allegiance to the Crown?

By the way, please stop referring to anti-royalists as whingers and moaners. It's rather pathetic of you. At least respect the views of others. You come over as more pompous than me sometimes.

Maybe it's time to privatise the royals. Or the only public funding will be from a gofundme campaign. The royalists can chip in for the costs and the republicans can rest easy knowing public money isn't go towards them. This will probably mean the next coronation will be a cheese and wine evening in Sidcup but there won't be any heartless and unpatriotic moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Maybe it's time to privatise the royals. Or the only public funding will be from a gofundme campaign. The royalists can chip in for the costs and the republicans can rest easy knowing public money isn't go towards them. This will probably mean the next coronation will be a cheese and wine evening in Sidcup but there won't be any heartless and unpatriotic moaning.
    Or else go down the sponsorship route?

'This Coronation is brought to you by Coors Lite - with a strategic timeout (aka toilet break) sponsored by Staydry Incontinence Pads'

Sounds good to me.

Why do people think being unpatriotic is an insult? It's such a relic of the past and each new generation gets less and less patriotic.

'Poverty is increasing, public services are crap, wealth inequality is sky rocketing don't criticise the status quo or you're unpatriotic'.

Incredible logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Why do people think being unpatriotic is an insult? It's such a relic of the past and each new generation gets less and less patriotic.

'Poverty is increasing, public services are crap, wealth inequality is sky rocketing don't criticise the status quo or you're unpatriotic'.

Incredible logic.
    This article suggests the whole set up , whilst complicated, pays for itself for now but I think in the long term changes will be required.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/20...ts-complicated

This article suggests the whole set up , whilst complicated, pays for itself for now but I think in the long term changes will be required.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/20...ts-complicated
    Ok give me billions and a million acres of land, pretty sure I could make a profit.

I'd argue we'd have a better return by reducing childhood poverty and using their land to build houses.

Incredible logic.
    Not sure if you mean me or the public in general but I meant it in a tongue-in-cheek way. Probably should've wrapped it in inverted commas.

You’re unlikely to be in the minority outside of this message board. I watched some of it ,not my thing but the wife really enjoyed the bits that she watched and is looking forward to the concert tonight.
    I don't know anybody who watched the Charlie Cam coverage.

Not sure if you mean me or the public in general but I meant it in a tongue-in-cheek way. Probably should've wrapped it in inverted commas.
    Sorry.

my parents in their mid 70s didn't even bother with it this time, still it's the second highest domestic TV audience for a coronation right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled of Llanishen View Post
    Neatly summarises this whole sorry thread.

Sorry.
    No worries