+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Proud To Be British. 300 Million Watching. Its Ours And Its The Best

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Proud To Be British. 300 Million Watching. Its Ours And Its The Best

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    That's up to voters to decide, but off the top of my head in the last few years;

2 - record increase in NHS spending

3 - highest rise in the minimum wage by some distance
    You and the Tories keep using the misdirection of reporting record increases on spending on areas as the NHS, minimum wage or any other government department as evidence that the they are improving services for the public. This is a total fallacy.

Here is an example of how it works. If a government department has a budget of £4 billion and it is increased by £50 million. its budget is then £4.05 billion, which is correctly reported as record spending. This would be a 1.25% increase in spending, but with inflation running at 9% it represents a 7.75% reduction in spending power. In other words a cut in services.

If spending is only increased by £1 it would still be technically record funding.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    You and the Tories keep using the misdirection of reporting record increases on spending on areas as the NHS, minimum wage or any other government department as evidence that the they are improving services for the public. This is a total fallacy.

Here is an example of how it works. If a government department has a budget of £4 billion and it is increased by £50 million. its budget is then £4.05 billion, which is correctly reported as record spending. This would be a 1.25% increase in spending, but with inflation running at 9% it represents a 7.75% reduction in spending power. In other words a cut in services.

If spending is only increased by £1 it would still be technically record funding.
    that also doesn't account for increasing population and ageing population , if you consider those then the investment in the NHS has completely flatlined under the Tories.

Screenshot_2023-05-06-20-55-06-027_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Being proud to come from any country is rather meaningless. I am not personally responsible for the good and bad that I perceive to present in the country in which I live and neither should I.
    The more you travel the more you realise that flags, patriotism, perceived cultural identity and political leaders do not define all the souls that live in a particular place in the world or all those who live under particular political regimes.
    End of sermon,
    TBG,
    Tashkent,
    Uzbekistan.

P. S. Met a Russian refugee from Putin's draft today.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Being proud to come from any country is rather meaningless. I am not personally responsible for the good and bad that I perceive to present in the country in which I live and neither should I.
    The more you travel the more you realise that flags, patriotism, perceived cultural identity and political leaders do not define all the souls that live in a particular place in the world or all those who live under particular political regimes.
    End of sermon,
    TBG,
    Tashkent,
    Uzbekistan.

P. S. Met a Russian refugee from Putin's draft today.
    Have you thought of Youtube Vlogging your trips ( Like Bald and Bankrupt or backpacker ben does ) they both make tidy sums out of it now

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Have you thought of Youtube Vlogging your trips ( Like Bald and Bankrupt or backpacker ben does ) they both make tidy sums out of it now
    I think once you do things to entertain others and monetise your experiences it becomes a more artificial experience. My friends on Facebook who are interested in travel have an idea of what I get up to, but thanks.
    Yesterday was the first time since I landed early in the week that I knowingly came across another tourist from outside this area. Very little English is spoken in these parts and it's a linguistic challenge all round.
    The border post between Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan was absolutely heaving with hundreds of vehicles (and not moving) and throngs of people heaving to go through the laborious process of passport control and which often involves walking hundreds of yards through what seem like decrepit cages through no man's land and being checked numerous times by the officials of whichever two countries are involved.
    However, the border between Kyrgystan and Tajikistan is closed due to ongoing tensions after artillery battles saw over 55 people die and thousands displaced last year. And there are a number of enclaves and exclaves in these parts, which complicates things.